Jenn's Look Good - Feel Good Log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rich55 View Post
    What's up Jenn!! I wanna read about some good, HARD training up in here!
    It just so happens I'm starting a new routine today The past 6 weeks or so I've not been structured at all. Just been doing upper body/lower body "easier" stuff to get my body back used to lifting again. But I sat down last night and pulled apart some of my old workouts and made up a new 4 day split!

LEG DAY TODAY!!! (Was gonna go yesterday but decided I'm not working out on Mondays anymore because I get way too irritated with the massive "partied too much over the weekend... gotta get in the gym on Monday and do chest and biceps" crew that's always in there)

Comment

Leg day! Hip hip hooray! Nice to be structured again! 2-3 sets x 8-10 reps

Squats - 55 x 6 warm-up, 65 x 11, 70 x 8 x 8 (definitely have lost strength here, but I was being very disciplined and going slow and nice and LOW!)

High Stance Leg Press - 90 x 11, 110 x 11, 115 x 11 (the best that my bird legs have ever done, yay!)

Leg Ext Machine - 30 x 9 x 8 x 8 (holding for a good 1-2 seconds at the top)

Was going to do step ups at this point but my quads were major wobbly at this point. Will have to try next week!

Standing Single Leg Curls (weird Atlantis machine, didn't like it) - 15 x 8 x 7 (discovered my left hammie is actually WAY stronger than my right but I have been playing a lot of drums on Rock Band and use my left leg on the kick pedal so I assume that's why)

Standing Calf Raises - 40 x 13 x 8 (did the second set waaaay slow, good stretching)

30 minutes of cardio between the treadmill and bike.

I'm tired! Oh and I've eaten clean all yesterday and today!

On a side note... some funny things I saw at the gym today. The rather skinny lady at the squat rack "squatting" 95 lbs. I say "squatting" because she was going down all of 3-4 inches and doing it in a very bouncy way! And then the two teenage girls who came into the cardio room and got on the treadmill and were walking 1.8mph (I peeked cause I was curious how slow they were actually going) and having a loud conversation about all the weight they were going to lose on their hips, legs, butts, and that area in front of your armpits. Ah, good times. I know I don't do everything perfect, but when I see other females doing stuff like this, I just want to help, but I'm always afraid someone will take the advice the wrong way.

Comment

Lol, I love the young girls that come in looking all cute. They usually only do cardio and the butt blaster. Yeah! That should take care of it.
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

VERY nice workout! That is what I am talking bout!
          **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
          **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
          WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
          http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
          http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Chest and Biceps (my least favorite day, but oh well!)

Incline DB Press - 15 x 6 warm-up, 20 x 11, 22.5 x 11, 25 x 8

Flat DB Press - 25 x 11, 27.5 x 8 x 8

DB Pullovers - 30 x 11, 32.5 x 9 x 8

Fly Machine - 30 x 11, 32.5 x 11, 35 x 10

EZ Bar Curls - 25 x 11 x 10

Hammer DB Curls - (12lbs) right, left, together x fail (no idea how many I did), then alt. 8 each side

EZ Reverse Bar Curls - Bar x 12 x 11 (thought my wimpy forearms were going to die!)

45 minutes cardio split between elliptical, treadmill, and bike

No funny stories today... though, Rich, there is this guy that I saw lifting at Hilliard that is seriously James' mini-me. So funny... it was his twin but maybe like 4 inches shorter and probably 19-20 years old.

Comment

I'm sad this morning. Ran out of spicy ranch dressing (so good!) to put on my chicken for later, so had to just use regular ranch with hot sauce. Doesn't smell the same Need to go shopping!

Legs are pretty darn sore from Tuesday. Was thinking about skipping cardio this afternoon, but I think walking on the treadmill will do good to stretch them back out a little! We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
                ILegs are pretty darn sore from Tuesday. Was thinking about skipping cardio this afternoon, but I think walking on the treadmill will do good to stretch them back out a little! We'll see...
                Yes, it would stretch them out a little. BUT, did you do it? Do not leave room for failure.

http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by rich55 View Post
                  Yes, it would stretch them out a little. BUT, did you do it? Do not leave room for failure.
                  No I could throw in a bunch of excuses, but basically I was just super lazy for the end of last week and my days off this weekend. Bleh. Back to it today! Thankfully I kept my eating in check, so I at least didn't do any damage in that aspect.

Comment

do you warm up and cool down before and after workouts? does wonders for soreness

Comment

Jenn????

Jenn?!?!

Comment

Hope all is well !

Comment

Hey all. I'm around, just lurking. I dropped away for a while because I needed to quit the gym. Some financial issues and the fact that I could never get myself in there made me decide I should just quit for a while and come back to it when I was ready. I've been working out at home and finally got myself started back on a clean diet. I'm planning on joining back up at the gym hopefully towards the end of May. The main financial issue is that my boyfriend works for AT&T and they are working without contracts right now while on the verge of striking. So I'm trying to spend as little extra money as possible just incase that strike does happen so we have some extra money to buffer us for a while! Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon!!!

My weight is at 146.4, yay Haven't been below stupid 147 since last summer. Gotta keep going though!!! I miss 130!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
                            Hey all. I'm around, just lurking. I dropped away for a while because I needed to quit the gym. Some financial issues and the fact that I could never get myself in there made me decide I should just quit for a while and come back to it when I was ready. I've been working out at home and finally got myself started back on a clean diet. I'm planning on joining back up at the gym hopefully towards the end of May. The main financial issue is that my boyfriend works for AT&T and they are working without contracts right now while on the verge of striking. So I'm trying to spend as little extra money as possible just incase that strike does happen so we have some extra money to buffer us for a while! Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon!!!

My weight is at 146.4, yay Haven't been below stupid 147 since last summer. Gotta keep going though!!! I miss 130!
                            I might have to give up one of my gym memberships....I'd rather give up my cable.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

cable is a rip off.. it costs alot and makes your lazy n fat.

ivce been lik e3 yrs without cable,a nd its nice.

i will admit tho, recently moved and we have free cable til the end of the month (a few more days) and its nice watching basketball, hockey, or just sportscenter before i head to work.. but i wouldnt wanna pay for it ever, no not me.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                                cable is a rip off.. it costs alot and makes your lazy n fat.

ivce been lik e3 yrs without cable,a nd its nice.

i will admit tho, recently moved and we have free cable til the end of the month (a few more days) and its nice watching basketball, hockey, or just sportscenter before i head to work.. but i wouldnt wanna pay for it ever, no not me.
                                It is a rip off but I'm afraid to give it up......I watch every episode of all the CSI's and Two and a Half Men.

Comment

Working...
                                X