No announcement yet.

Jenn's Look Good - Feel Good Log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O hai! So I started a new training split last week (5 day) and I love it! I really wanted to be on a schedule that would be the same days each week. It's much easier for me to stay on task that way. Plus things with me and the new man have been going quite well, so I wanted a workout schedule that could work with our hanging out as well. Here's what's been going on for the past week or so. Been doing random cardio sessions whenever I feel the urge. Bounce around between the treadmill, bike, and elliptical, and that crazy stepper/elliptical machine. I need to weigh myself. Last I checked I was at 137, which I am happy with right now. Not terribly concerned with losing weight right now, just trying to get stronger!

Sundays - Quads, Calves, Abs
    Mondays - Off
    Tuesdays - Delts, Tris
    Wednesdays - Hammies, Glutes, Abs
    Thursdays - Off
    Friday - Chest, Biceps
    Saturday - Back

Friday 7/18 Chest and Biceps

Incline Bench - 65
    A1 Incline Flys - 25
    A2 Flat DB Bench - 25
    B1 Fly Machine - 40
    B2 Asst Dips - (12)
    EZ Bar Curls - 35
    Overhand EZ Bar Curls - 25
    Hammer DB Curls - 15

Saturday 7/19 Back

A1 WideGrip Pulldowns - 80 x 12, 82.5 x 10 x 10
    A2 1-Arm DB Rows - 30 x 12, 32.5 x 11 x 10

B1 Straight Arm Pulldowns - 50 x 12, 52.5 x 12, 55 x 12
    B2 CloseGrip Pulldowns - 60 x 12, 62.5 x 12, 65 x 12

C1 Underhand Widegrip Row - 50 x 10 x 10 x 10
    C2 CloseGrip Row - 30 x 10 x 10 x 10

D1 Reverse Hypers - 12, 12, 12
    D2 Bentover Lateral Raise - 10 x 12 x 12 x 12

Sunday 7/20 Quads, Calves, Abs

Squats - 65 x 9, 70 x 9, 75 x 6
    Leg Extensions - 50 x 11, 55 x 10 x 10
    Walking Lunges - Down and back gym length with 10lb DBs x2

Seated Calves - 45 x 15 x 12 x 12
    A1 Standing Calves - 60 x 10 x 10
    A2 Ground Raises - 15, 15

Hanging Leg Raises - 20, 15, 12
    Oblique Crunches - 3 x 20 each side

Tuesday 7/22 Delts, Tris

Seated DB Military Press - 25 x 13, 27.5 x 7, 25 x 8

A1 Side Lateral DB Raises - 10 x 10 x 9 x 8
    A2 Front Plate Raises - 10 x 15, 12.5 x 12 x 12

Shoulder Machine (Last set supered with front raises) - 25 x 17, 30 x 14 x 12 (15 x 20)

A1 EZ Bar Skullcrushers - 35 x 13 x 12
    A2 DB Skullcrushers - 10 x 8 x 7 (Sat up after the second superset and threw up in my mouth, had to make a trashcan run haha, never thought I would puke on tricep day)

B1 1-Arm Overhead Extensions - 10 x 14, 12.5 x 10
    B2 2-Arm Overhead Extensions - 20 x 14, 22.5 x 10

V-Bar Pushdowns - 55 x 15, 60 x 12 (dropset 40 x 20)

Wednesday 7/23 Hammies, Glutes, Abs

Seated Leg Curls - 45 x 16, 47.5 x 16, 50 x 12
    SLDB Deadlifts - 40 x 16, 42.5 x 16, 45 x 16
    High-Narrow Leg Press - 90 x 15 x 15 x 15
    Reverse Hypers - 15, 10, 10

Ab Machine - 10 reps slow lower weight, 10 reps fast heavy weight, 10 reps slow lower weight... did this 3 times, holy sore abs! Then did 3 sets of these weird ab things on one of the cable machines that I can't even describe but it hit my lower abs very nicely!

Comment

Looks kickass girl!
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Yesterday I trained chest and biceps with Rich. And this is what I now dub the pushup workout! But it's cool cause I've always wanted to get better at them, so this workout will definitely help that! I didn't keep track of reps but am shooting for 8-10 on the first set, 10-15 on the rest of the sets, and MAX on the pushups.

Friday 7/25 - Chest and Biceps

A1 Incline DB Bench - 30
        A2 Hammer Curls - 17.5

B1 Regular Pushups - Max
        B2 Preacher Machine - 27.5

C1 Fly Machine - 45
        C2 Rope Hammer Curls - 35

Bench Pushups

Hammer Wide Chest - 35

Last night was a blast. Me and the man went to BOMA to watch MMA cage fights. I'm meeting up with Constance in Powell in a little while to work our backs and she's bringing her camera this time. Should be funny Then tonight is Rock Band night at the man's house with him and his buddies. Soooo much fun!
        Last edited by dogsofgold; 07-26-2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold
          Yesterday I trained chest and biceps with Rich. And this is what I now dub the pushup workout! But it's cool cause I've always wanted to get better at them, so this workout will definitely help that! I didn't keep track of reps but am shooting for 8-10 on the first set, 10-15 on the rest of the sets, and MAX on the pushups.

Friday 7/25 - Chest and Biceps

A1 Incline Bench - 30
          A2 Hammer Curls - 17.5

B1 Regular Pushups - Max
          B2 Preacher Machine - 27.5

C1 Fly Machine - 45
          C2 Rope Hammer Curls - 35

Bench Pushups

Hammer Wide Chest - 35

Last night was a blast. Me and the man went to BOMA to watch MMA cage fights. I'm meeting up with Constance in Powell in a little while to work our backs and she's bringing her camera this time. Should be funny Then tonight is Rock Band night at the man's house with him and his buddies. Soooo much fun!

Sounds like things are going great girl! Keep blasting away. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Saturday 7/26 - Back

Had an awesome back day with Constance this day. We took a lot of pics which are up on her log at bodybuilding.com. We talked about our photoshoot that we are doing for the calendar girl contest and I got inspired to get back on clean eating until then. Have nixed the alcohol from my diet as well which was quite difficult to do last night while playing Rock Band, but I managed. And it helps that the boyfriend is super supportive I needed to eat so he grilled me up a steak and some beans. Anywho...

A1 WideGrip Pulldowns - 85 x 13, 87.5 x 12, 90 x 11
            A2 1-Arm DB Rows - 35 x 13, 37.5 x 11, 40 x 11

B1 Straight Arm Pulldowns - 60 x 14 x 13 x 12
            B2 CloseGrip Pulldowns - 70 x 11 x 10 x 10

C1 Underhand WideGrip Rows - 50 x 15, 52.5 x 12 x 12
            C2 CloseGrip Rows - 30 x 11, 32.5 x 10 x 10

D1 Hyperextensions - 12, 10, 10
            D2 Bentover Lateral Raises - 10 x 20, 12.5 x 15 x 13

Did 10 minutes of treadmill intervals (then my ankle started to complain), so did another 20 of walking on an incline, and then did 15 minutes of high resistance on the bike. Today is quad, calf, and ab day, woo! And gonna watch Sue and Constance pose beforehand and take some progress pics for Constance.
            Last edited by dogsofgold; 07-27-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I saw the pics, you guys were looking intense!!

Comment

Great job!

I read your past post and your current string! I am glad to see you are on the upward swing! I am curious to see how difficult it is to get to a competition! Your workouts look great! I need to be more organized about mine.
                Eat boring, have an exciting life.

Comment

Thanks ladies

I'm loving my 5-day split! The workouts are going awesome with a few tweaks here and there as I see necessary. I'm just being lazy about writing on here as usual.

Me and the man started running outside in the mornings upon waking. Did about 2 miles yesterday (I had to stop and walk quite a few times) and then we did 2.5 miles today (and I only had to stop once!!). I swear I feel leaner already! Good stuff.

Comment

hmm

I am not really supposed to run but I love running with my man too. every once in a while I go running with him, don't tell...lol
                    Eat boring, have an exciting life.

Comment

And then life happens... I dropped off the face of the earth all fall and early winter but I'm back!! Quick update to just throw things into perspective. Back in September I got mono and under doctors orders I had to stop lifting for 6 weeks. Then come late September me and the man find out I'm pregnant (not planned). We're happy with it though but a couple months later I lost the baby. So while this was going on and I felt like life was crazy I continued to not workout. Then from that point on it was just a major mental battle to get myself back in the game after not working out for so long. I decided to wait until after the holidays and officially started back January 5th.

I hadn't weighed myself in forever and was super scared to get on the scale. My starting weight on January 6th was 153.4 lbs, eek! But I am now 2 weeks in and have it down to 148.2, so I am getting there!

I was going to be doing a transformation contest on bb.com but for various reasons I decided to pull out. I'm tired of giving myself deadlines. My basic goal is that I want my weight to sit between 125-135. And whenever I get there, I get there, as long as I am making progress in the process!!

My diet is all cleaned up and I'm keeping cheats to 1-2 nights per week. I'm back in the gym lifting 4-5 days a week and doing cardio 5-6 days per week. I'm feeling SO much better already. As far as supps right now I am just taking multivitamins and flax oil. Planning on getting some REDuction when I can afford it, particularly the night pills, tried a sample and LOVE them.

I've just been making up workouts on the fly and kind of pulling stuff from my old workouts in the past. It's nice because it's keeping me on my toes and keeping me from getting too bored.

Today was shoulders and tris! I really have no idea what you call some of this stuff, but at least I know what I am talking about and that's the important thing haha!

Arnold DB Presses - 15lb x 15, 17.5lb x 12 x 10

Seated DB Side Raises - 10lb x 10 x 8 x 7

Upright DB Rows - 12.5lb x 13 x 12 x 12

Seated DB Presses - 10lb x 10 x 8 x 7

Tricep Dip Pushdown Machine - 40lb x 15, 45lb x 12 x 10

Cable V-Bar Pushdowns - 40lb x ?? (3 times)

DB Overhead Extensions - 15lb x 15, 17.5lb x 12 x 10

Did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes of incline work on the treadmill, and cooled off with 15 minutes on a recumbent bike.

I'm ready for a nap!!

Comment

Had my Monday night cheat meal last night... Mmmm pizza, I swear that is all I ever want for my cheats!!

Just did cardio today. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of incline on the treadmill. Good times, not really! :P

Ate clean all day, very happy with myself! My tummy is a-rumblin!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
                          Had my Monday night cheat meal last night... Mmmm pizza, I swear that is all I ever want for my cheats!!

Just did cardio today. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of incline on the treadmill. Good times, not really! :P

Ate clean all day, very happy with myself! My tummy is a-rumblin!
                          I've been craving pizza too.

Comment

Welcome back Jenn!! Glad to see you're getting after it again!
                            **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                            http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                            http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Woke up feeling leaner this morning... Hopped on the scale, lost a half a pound since Monday. Progress is progress, woo

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                                I've been craving pizza too.
                                i eat pizza about once a week..

the key is too make it yourself. organic wheat bread, with honey or agave nectar, healthy sauce on it with jalepno cheese n(love that stuff) and like 5lb of peppers/onions/spinach, etc. maybe some turkey pepporinis or just straight chicken and broccoli and BBQ sauce instead of red sauce

Comment

Working...
                                X