Jenn's Look Good - Feel Good Log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn's Look Good - Feel Good Log!

Well, holy hell, I am back haha! And what a mess I am (physically)!

A brief update on life. I started a new job two weeks ago that is going fabulous. I have an awesome work schedule, working Mon-Thurs 730am-530pm. And I am making WAY more money than I used to. Plus I am just happy to be back to grooming again. It's really the perfect job for me, it just took some time off from it for me to realize it.

An update on the health front. I found out that I have psoriasis after battling with yucky skin issues for the past couple of years. I go tanning twice a week and it has helped MAJORLY, my skin is almost completely cleared up and I'm not scratching nonstop anymore. I'm still waiting on my next doctors appointment on April 25 to get some other stuff sorted out. I had an abnormal pap back in January so I get to go in and get some biopsies and other non-fun things done in a couple weeks.

Ok, so onto the physical stuff...

HUGE WORD OF ADVICE: Do NOT go from working out really hard and eating extremely clean and then switch straight to doing nothing and eating whatever you feel like. I learned a huge hard lesson. In the past two months I gained 19 pounds and am now sitting at 149, eek. Major EEK!

So! Got together with Rich today to kick things back off and did a little leg workout. It was rough, I was a mess. The combo of not eating soon enough before working out and not having worked out in 2 months really hit me hard and I was dizzy and felt like puking pretty much the whole time. So, he took it easy on me, though I still can feel I'm going to be sore the next couple of days.

Today we did:
    A1 High stance leg press
    A2 Step ups
    Sumo squats
    Walking lunges
    Lying leg curls
    Standing calf raises
    A little bit of ab work (was feeling awful at the end)

New workout plan for getting back into it:
    Sunday: Off
    Monday: Back/Chest
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Shoulders/Arms
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Legs/Calves/Abs
    Saturday: Cardio

Let's do this thing!
    **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
    http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
    http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Comment

the main point is your back at it -- some time off might of been what you needed to alert yourself to the necessaity of staying in it

i didnt train all summer last year after i graduated, was ugly. i drank alot, partied alot, and didn't do much training ... maybe a run or so every week.. sinc ei been back in school this fall, ive learned i never want to do that again!

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I need to lose 10lbs. Time to kick it into gear! Great to have you back.
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Thanks for the support everybody! Things are going great so far

So my legs were so sore from doing legs on Friday with Rich. My calves actually didn't stop hurting until yesterday, good lord!

Did some light cardio over the weekend in the form of walks with the dog. It was cold all weekend, I was not a happy camper.

Me and my friend Constance have started working out together. We got together on Monday and I followed her shoulder/triceps workout that she was doing that night. Good stuff, I don't remember what all we did, but I love having somebody to lift with. We followed it up with 25 minutes of riding bikes in the cardio room.

Last night we met up again for a cardio night. I did 40 minutes of walking on an incline. She forced her way through some elliptical and then joined me in my walking (she was recovering from a bit too much to drink the night before, hehe).

Was on my own tonight and mixed it up doing some chest, back, and biceps. Weird workout, but fun to make it up as I went along.

A1 Incline DB Press
            A2 Widegrip Pulldowns
            B1 Flat DB Press
            B2 Bentover DB Rows
            Fly Machine
            Bentover DB Laterals
            Seated DB Curls
            Alternating Hammer DB Curls

Followed it up with 30 minutes on the bike. Good stuff! Super happy to be back into it!

Comment

Thursday was an off day. Yesterday was legs with Rich! Nice and sore this morning, yay

A1 High stance leg press - 30 x 15, 40 x 15
              A2 Step ups - 15 each side, 15 each side
              Walking lunges - Down and back x2
              Sumo squats - BW x 15, BW x 15
              Seated leg curls - 35 x 15, 40 x 15, 45 x 10 (asst on last few)
              B1 Seated leg tucks - 20, 20
              B2 Twisting crunches - 15 each side x2
              Standing calf raises - 80 x 13 x 13 x not sure how many on the last set
              Reverse crunches - did 2 sets, I think I did 20 each time, can't remember

Went tanning afterwards which I am still SOOOO thrilled that it helps keep my psoriasis in check, YAY!

Going to go do chest and bis today and some cardio. Waiting on Rich to email me my new workout plan.

Oh! And I lost 1.5 lbs this week and a half inch off my waist.

Comment

Met up with Constance at the gym for some chest and bis today. We're on different workouts, but on the same 4 day split, so we're at least in the same mindset when we hit the gym together. Didn't get my new workout from Rich yet, so just pulled some stuff from one of my old ones. Didn't keep track of weight, but aimed for higher reps in the 12-15 range.

Incline DB Press
                Asst. Dips
                A1 Fly Machine
                A2 Hammer Wide Chest
                Seated Hammer DB Curls
                B1 Preacher Machine
                B2 Standing Alternating DB Curls

Did 25 minutes of intervals on the treadmill afterwards. Yay

Comment

Broke up with Jeff last night. I keep ending up with controlling guys and don't realize it until we're a ways into the relationship. So ai am done with him and to make sure it stays that way I'm writing out all the reasons why he's an ass so when he calls (and I know he will call) to try and smooth talk me back into something, I'll be able to look at all those reasons and be able to tell him to fuck off. On the plus side, I've decided this will be awesome workout fuel for a while! Speaking of which...

Sunday was an off day.

Monday I was on my own training my back and rear delts as Constance was meeting up later with Rich for training. I didn't know what one of my exercises was, so I had to skip it, but I'm training back with Rich on this upcoming Sunday so I will get it figured out!

Close grip pulldowns: 70 x 13, 80 x 13, 85 x 10
                  Straight arm pulldowns: 30 x 10 x 10 (I wasn't quite sure if I was doing these completely right so I kept it light and easy until I meet up with Rich again)
                  1arm DB rows: 20 x 13, 22.5 x 13, 25 x 10
                  A1 Single DB Deadlifts: 40 x 11, 45 x 11, 50 x 11
                  A2 DB Tbar style rows: (these are what I had no idea what they were, so didn't do it)
                  Rear delt rows: 12.5 x 13, 15 x 10 x 8
                  Did 25 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

Tuesday - met up with Constance for shoulders and triceps.

Seated DB Lateral Raises: 10 x 13, 12.5 x 10 x 10
                  Standing DB Presses: 15 x 10 x 9 x 8
                  Upright Cable Rows: 40 x 13, 50 x 13, 55 x 10
                  Close Grip Bench: 55 x 11, 60 x 10
                  Dip Machine: 90 x 11, 95 x 8
                  1Arm Overhead Extensions: 5 x 13, 8 x 10
                  Did some ab work on stability balls, which was totally new to me. And also pretty damn funny because I am NOT good at balancing on those damn things haha.
                  Did 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical.

Wednesday - Cardio
                  Did 45 minutes of walking on an incline, which went by crazy fast while reading a magazine.

Headed now to go do some leg work! Constance has abandoned me today for a photoshoot down in Cincy or something. Oh well, I'm pushing on!

Comment

Amazing how we always seem to pick the same kinda guys. Hang in there and keep

Hey, if your doing squats, put a picture of him on the ground beneath you. That way he can kiss your a$$ every time you squat.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
                      Hey, if your doing squats, put a picture of him on the ground beneath you. That way he can kiss your a$$ every time you squat.
                      Haha nice!

Back from leg day at the gym. It was a little rough because it was super hot in there and I don't do well with heat. But pushed through it and the only thing I skipped out on was abs. Felt like puking and figured that kind of motion wouldn't exactly help the situation haha.

A1 High Stance Leg Press 40 x 15, 45 x 15, 50 x 15
                      A2 Step Ups 15 each side, 15 each side, 10 each side
                      Walking Lunges - 2 times down and back gym length
                      Sumo Squats BW x 15 x 15
                      Lying Leg Curls 35 x 15, 40 x 11 x 10
                      Standing Calf Machine 70 x 12 x 11 (supersetted last set with ground raises)

Did 30 minutes on a bike in the cardio room.

On a bonus note of the day, I saved 10 cents a gallon on my gas today. Yay Kroger! Hee! I wish I didn't work off of such a busy road, otherwise I would start biking to work, but I would rather just pay for gas instead of getting run over!

Comment

I had my doctors appointment this morning. Didn't go as well as planned. They found a lot of abnormal cells and had to take a lot more biopsies than originally thought. That nonsense hurt like hell, I almost passed out twice. Not feeling great now so I've taken some tylenol pm to sleep it off. I'm due to hit up chest and bis at the gym tonight, but I will have to wait and see how I am feeling when I wake up. If not tonight, then I'll catch up on it tomorrow. I won't know results for about a week. Bleh, I hate waiting.

Comment

Hope your feeling ok, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Comment

I'm still catching up on the updates, but I hope the medical condition isn't anything serious

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                              I'm still catching up on the updates, but I hope the medical condition isn't anything serious
                              It may or may not be serious... the joy of waiting for results.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't feeling up to par all Friday, so I pushed chest and bis to Saturday.

DB Pullovers - 20 x 13, 25 x 13, 27.5 x 10
                              Flat DB Press - 20 x 11, 25 x 11, 27.5 x 8
                              Incline DB Flys - 15 x 13, 17.5 x 13, 20 x 10
                              Asst. Dips - (12) x 11, (11) x 8
                              DB Zottman Curls - 15 x 11, 17.5 x 9 x 8
                              Preacher Machine - 25 x 9 x 8
                              Incline Hammer Curls - 12.5 x 13, 15 x 10
                              Threw in some abs since I didn't do them on leg day.
                              30 minutes of cardio on a bike

Sunday I trained back, traps, and rear delts with Rich. Good times! I learned a lot and learned I did not do some stuff right last week. Also, I don't know the exact reps I did, I just know what weights I ended up at for next time.

Close-Grip Pulldowns - 90
                              Straight Arm Pulldowns - 40
                              1-Arm DB Rows - 30
                              A1 Single DB Deadlifts - 45
                              A2 DB T-Bar Style Rows - 45
                              Rear Delt Rows - 12.5
                              Did 35 minutes of cardio on the treadmill then got to watch Rich train James on his posing.

Today was shoulders and triceps!

Seated DB Lat Raises - 12.5 x 10 x 8, 10 x 12 x 8
                              Standing DB Presses - 15 x 10 x 9 x 8 (dropset 10 x 5)
                              Upright Cable Rows - 55 x 11 x 10 x 8
                              Close-Grip Bench - 60 x 8 x 8
                              Dip Machine - 95 x 10 x 8
                              1-Arm Overhead Extensions - 8 x 10 x 10
                              Threw in some abs at the end
                              45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill

I also officially started on a stricter diet today. I had been eating clean, but still too many carbs, not enough protein. So I put myself back on my beginning cut diet Rich had me on back in December. I'm also adding in Red Acid and some RPM which should be arriving in the mail soon.

Meal 1:
                              1/2 cup oatmeal
                              4 egg whites
                              1 whole egg
                              2 red acid, sesaglow, multivitamin, epa

Meal 2:
                              1.5 scoop whey
                              small apple or 5 strawberries
                              12 almonds

Meal 3:
                              4 oz chicken (I mix it with a tablespoon of light miracle whip and spicy brown mustard, everybody thinks I'm gross haha)
                              12 almonds
                              1 cup green beans
                              sesaglow

Pre/during workout:
                              2 red acid
                              greenmag
                              xtend

Meal 4 (postworkout):
                              1.5 scoop whey
                              1/2 scoop waxy maize starch

Meal 5:
                              5 oz 96/4 beef
                              1/2 cup cottage cheese (love those little premeasured containers they sell!)
                              1 cup green beans
                              sesaglow, epa

Approximately 1542 cals, 78 carbs, 181 protein, 51 fat

When I have some extra money I'll throw some Ultra 40s in too.

Comment

Working...
                              X