Question about Protein Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Protein Supplements

I was wondering if I was going to use Whey as an MRP at work what would be better to take Whey 1 scoop at a time (i.e. taking a single scoop shake and then another 30-45 minutes later since thats roughly the time of digestion). I am taking this at work so i have the liberty to take this many shakes. I guess my main question is what would produce a more anabolic environment and what would let my body use most of the whey i consume. Right now my two proteins are WPC and Matrix 5.0
    Genetics

Hey bro, I noticed this was unanswered so...

If I were you, I would take each shake 1 scoop at a time. I would add a little something different to each shake just to mix it up for ya a bit. Like, maybe add a banana to one shake, or maybe add some Peanut Butter to a shake. I know that part may be a little hard due to work.

I reccomend Dymatize Elite Whey by the way.

Hope this helped ya some bro.

Comment

Ah shucks, I was gonna respond to this but thought someone more intelligent might help you first!!

Anyways, adding a banana is a great option. I personally love adding oats to mine. You can dump a scoop of whey and a scoop of oats in a little tupperwear container and drink them all day. I love doing this! But the potassium and other goodies from bananas is always good as well. Great suggestion.

Sipping on shakes at work is a godsend. I would probably space out the shakes consistently. That way your body is always feeding and has a stable anabolic environment. I believe that more protein can be absorbed after workouts, but during the day I generally don't have more than a scoop and a half of protein in low fat milk. You're still getting well over 40g of protein, whey and casein.... but if anyone can come along and correct these statements, I would be more than happy to hear some. I'd appreciate it as well.

This has worked well for me. Hope it does for you too.

Comment

I too like to mix oats in my shakes.

Oats
        Peanut Butter
        Bananas

All 3 great options.

Comment

Generally (not carb cycling etc..) I like to mix my whey with milk and oats throughout the day... but I'm not sure that was the original question ??

Are you asking which would be better to take during the day between WPC and Matrix ?

Comment

I reckon an ideal meal replacement would incorporate a mixture of carbs/protein/fat

grounded oats and whey are a good idea for a shake. In terms of fats, maybe you can pack in a handful of almonds, walnuts etc, they are quite convenient. The addition of portable foods like apples, bananas and grapes would be good too

Comment

1 cup Oats + 1 scoop of whey + 1 Tbs PB + 1 Tbs Lecithin + 500ml Skim Milk
              Blend.

very nummy

Comment

wait a minute.. how is this a question between taking 50oz of protein after your workout to maybe 25oz after your workout, another 25oz 1-2 hours after the shake.. i mean.. this ain't no cooking class. STICK TO THE QUESTION PLEASE!!!

in my point of view, 1 scoop at a time is a much more ideal. though.. you don't know how much protein your body can consume.. everyone's body is different so usually people take 2 scoops down when they drink a shake after a workout. but throughout the day, 1 scoop every 1-2 hours is good but remember.. whole foods are better than shakes. 16oz of chicken breast, 16oz of steak, 16oz of mahi mahi is godly... although it's much more expensive.. it's better to eat whole foods in my opinion.. this is how i spread it out..

8:15, awaken
                8:30, 2 chicken breasts (34 grams protein), 2 celery sticks, 1 cup oats
                10:45, 16oz steak(40~50 grams protein), carrots, 2 scoop brown rice
                1:30, 2 grilled mahi mahi (35~45 grams protein), onions, green bell peppers, 2 scoops brown rice
                4:15, 2 chicken breasts (34 grams protein), 2 celery sticks, 1 scoop brown rice
                6-8: lift
                8:05, 2scoop (50grams protein) shake
                10:00~10:30, 2 chicken breasts(34 grams protein), 2 celery sticks, 1/2 scoop white rice
                12:00AM, 2scoop (50 grams protein) shake
                12:15-12:30AM, roughly 15-30 minutes knocked out with melatonin. (occasional use, 3-4 times a week max 1mg of melatonin)

i get around 280-300grams of protein a day. so eh.. weighing in at 205.. i should be eating 350grams but shit. that's hard..

Comment

Originally posted by jingzhe

8:15, awaken
                  8:30, 2 chicken breasts (34 grams protein), 2 celery sticks, 1 cup oats
                  10:45, 16oz steak(40~50 grams protein), carrots, 2 scoop brown rice
                  1:30, 2 grilled mahi mahi (35~45 grams protein), onions, green bell peppers, 2 scoops brown rice
                  4:15, 2 chicken breasts (34 grams protein), 2 celery sticks, 1 scoop brown rice
                  6-8: lift
                  8:05, 2scoop (50grams protein) shake
                  10:00~10:30, 2 chicken breasts(34 grams protein), 2 celery sticks, 1/2 scoop white rice
                  12:00AM, 2scoop (50 grams protein) shake
                  12:15-12:30AM, roughly 15-30 minutes knocked out with melatonin. (occasional use, 3-4 times a week max 1mg of melatonin)

i get around 280-300grams of protein a day. so eh.. weighing in at 205.. i should be eating 350grams but shit. that's hard..
                  jingzhe,
                  It looks like you are severely underestimating the protein content of your chicken and mahi mahi (unless your breasts are really small). 8 oz of chicken breast is about 54 grams of protein. I assume your two breasts aren't less than 4 oz each?

Comment

Working...
                  X