Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaining muscle while cutting. Got questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining muscle while cutting. Got questions!

How should my diet be to promote both of these at the same time? any feedback will be helpful. thanks!

With the exception of the introduction of androgens, unless you've lost significant muscle mass in the past and in the midst of regaining or you're just beginning to weight train its very, very difficult. While doing so isn't outright impossible it is implausible.
    IMO your best bet with this goal in mind is to track your calories meticulously and consume just below your maintenance. By this I mean 100-200 calories within your maintenance whatever that may be.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

At your age (18) I would suggest you lift some heavy ass weights, and eat clean. Educate yourself on training and diet, and than do what you know.

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
        With the exception of the introduction of androgens, unless you've lost significant muscle mass in the past and in the midst of regaining or you're just beginning to weight train its very, very difficult. While doing so isn't outright impossible it is implausible.
        IMO your best bet with this goal in mind is to track your calories meticulously and consume just below your maintenance. By this I mean 100-200 calories within your maintenance whatever that may be.

well i've been strength training for the past three months and have gained great muscle mass. What i want to do exactly is maintain/gain muscle while i work the fat off. if there are any articles or anything related to this subject i would appreciate the link. i'm doing some research myself as well.

Comment

The idea is simple: train hard, eat clean.

Following through is another story.

research into each topic (training, and sport/general nutrition) there are thousands of sources out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            The idea is simple: train hard, eat clean.

Following through is another story.

research into each topic (training, and sport/general nutrition) there are thousands of sources out there.
            thanks! repped

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
              ^^^^

Shizzam !! Very well put

It's not impossible, just not optimal. With the goal in mind, carb cycling would be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                ^^^^

It's not impossible, just not optimal. With the goal in mind, carb cycling would be an option.
                No, it's not impossible, but it is a pain in the ass to accomplish and requires meticulous calorie counting to achieve. Every calorie that you ingest is not for the purpose of energy production. So, the business of protein synthesis can occur during a net reduction of body fat. But the process of muscle building is certainly easier in a hypercaloric state. Anyway, see Alan Aragon's text, "Girth Control" for some info on this topic.

(P.S.: One of the papers cited by Aragon is: "Muscle hypertrophy with large-scale weight loss and resistance training. Donnelly JE, et al; Am J Clin Nutr 1993;58:561-565)

Good luck!

Comment

just eat clean with a high protein intake every day and have a low carbs during the week with more on the weekend for a good recovery....thats how i feel

Comment

Working...
                  X