Is my supplement program okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my supplement program okay?

This is my supplement guide when working out twice a day. Anything wrong with this (other then the working out twice a day thing). When not working out twice a day I make the half-scoop's whole scoops.

Are these stacks okay? ie. HMB + Whey + Glutamine...

Could I stack the Creatine and whey products together without the 1 hour time gap between them?
    Is there anything wrong with using two different creatine products to get my 5 grams of creatine?

Morning: 800 mg HMB , Optimum Whey 1 scoop, 1 scoop (5 g) Glutamine, Animal Pak, 2 of Jamieson 1200 mg Omega 3-6-9 Complex

Pre 1: Optimum Whey Half Scoop, HMB 800 mg

Post 1: Half Scoop Cell-Tech Hardcore
    Wait 1 hour and then take Half Scoop Whey

Pre 2: Optimum whey half scoop

Post 2: Half Scoop Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
    Wait 1 hour and then take Half Scoop Whey

Bed: 5g Glutamine, HMB 800 mg, 2 of Jamieson 1200 mg Omega 3-6-9 Complex, Optimum Whey 1 Scoop, 1000 mg Vitamin C

PS: also posted this topic at the BB.com fourms
    Last edited by Nitrosoxide; 03-19-2008, 11:07 AM.

take the 1/2 scoops green mag pre (or whatever creatine product you choose), take the whey protein immediately post

never buy cell-tech/muscle-tech anything again in the future

duno about HMB (never used or read about)

glutamine is a waste (unless severe caloric/carb defecits IMO) -- subsitite with more protein shakes throughout day (includes glutamine)

I would take the omega 3-6-9 earlier in the day, and substitue natural peanut butter before bed (with casein protein if able)

take the vitamin C split up in doses with the post workout protein shakes, rather than prebed

make sure to drink tons of water and take food with animal pak (better absorbation)

my .02c
    Last edited by jiritt0; 03-19-2008, 01:18 PM.

Comment

You should read up on HMB...Indeed its got quite a few scientific paper done specifically on its role in helping with recovery and muscle growth.

Okay so based on what you say

Morning: 800 mg HMB , Optimum Whey 1 scoop, Animal Pak, 2 of Jamieson 1200 mg Omega 3-6-9 Complex

-Taken with lots of water + food for better absorption of animal pak

Pre 1: Optimum Whey Half Scoop, Half Half Scoop Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude

Post 1: Half Half Scoop Cell-Tech Hardcore, 500 mg Vitamin C
      Half Scoop Whey + 800 mg HMB + Omega 3-6-9 Complex

Pre 2: Optimum Whey Half Scoop, Half Half Scoop Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude

Post 2: Half Half Scoop Cell-Tech Hardcore, 500 mg Vitamin C
      Half Scoop Whey + 800 mg HMB

Bed: HMB 4 Pills, Optimum Whey 1 Scoop

I've changed
      1. I've changed it so I take the Omega "post 1" & breakfast (earlier in the day).

2. Got Rid of Glutamine. (obviously I'll add it to the protein shake just so I don't waste it and throw it out. Then I won't buy it again)

3. Added My vitamin C to Post 1 & 2 (spilt into two doses now)

4. As for Cell-tech. I'll stop taking the product once I finish it. Think I'll change it to Size On by gaspari. I like to supplement with two creatines

Comment

looking good -- maybe up post workout protein to a full scoop (shoot for 25g post) or include some kind of whole food protein (tuna, chicken breast)

ive got 2 or 3 tubs of size-on form a bb.com sale awhile back.. I'm going to start using one next monday .. =)

also - animal pak is a good multi, but in my opinion, i find the cost of it plus the fact theres so many pills to take at once makes its less desirable. (if you get it discount/free, right on) -- orange triad is another great option. I used to live by NOW Adam, but Ive since replaced that with the OT
        Last edited by jiritt0; 03-19-2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          looking good -- maybe up post workout protein to a full scoop (shoot for 25g post) or include some kind of whole food protein (tuna, chicken breast)

ive got 2 or 3 tubs of size-on form a bb.com sale awhile back.. I'm going to start using one next monday .. =)

also - animal pak is a good multi, but in my opinion, i find the cost of it plus the fact theres so many pills to take at once makes its less desirable. (if you get it discount/free, right on) -- orange triad is another great option. I used to live by NOW Adam, but Ive since replaced that with the OT
          Well I don't mind the taking many pills thing. Plus, I don't really mind the cost...Plus, I've got a bunch stocked up

Might try orange triad sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            take the 1/2 scoops green mag pre (or whatever creatine product you choose), take the whey protein immediately post

never buy cell-tech/muscle-tech anything again in the future

duno about HMB (never used or read about)

glutamine is a waste (unless severe caloric/carb defecits IMO) -- subsitite with more protein shakes throughout day (includes glutamine)

I would take the omega 3-6-9 earlier in the day, and substitue natural peanut butter before bed (with casein protein if able)

take the vitamin C split up in doses with the post workout protein shakes, rather than prebed

make sure to drink tons of water and take food with animal pak (better absorbation)

my .02c

Will any organic peanut butter have casein?

Because I buy freshly made organic peanut butter from the health food store.

Comment

smart move ont he organics.. thats the best route to go on everything possible

organic peanut butter has good fatty acids, to delay the absorbation of protein prebed. Casein is a protein similiar to whey, with much slower absorbation in nature. Combinging the casein protein powder + peanut butter just creates a longer absorbation of the protein while you sleep

(whey + whey isolates are more immediate absorbation, better postworkout - whey concentrate is a little more delayed)

Comment

So then it only makes sense to take Casein before bedtime

Comment

I would say that is when it is ideal

you can mix casein + whey in any shake when you want to get a more prolonged protein flux... make sense?

Comment

So should make my shakes all half whey and half cassein expect before bed when I should taken cassein only? Or should cassein just be used before bed?

Btw I take my peanut butter sandwich before bed with jelly...thats not a problem right?

Comment

its up to you really.. i think kane said he was mixing whey + casein in shakes and found it to be working great... it'll be alot more expensive that way though

the jelly and sandwhich shouldnt hurt much, unless your dieting, it is carbs right before sleep (prolly s tored as excess energy/fat)

Comment

Hmm so you think I should be mixing the peanut butter in the shake right?

Comment

i wouldnt mix it -- i would just take a heaping spoonfull and eat it, than wash it down with the protein shake..

I imagine it would mix horribly..

also, if you mix milk with the shake you'll get slower absorbation...

Comment

How much time do I have to give between my dinner and my sleep then to make sure the meal doesn't turn to fat?

Comment

i duno -- how fast is your metabolism? what is your dinner like nutritionally?

I've heard no carbs after 6pm (assuming your in bed by 10/11 ish I guess) helps decrease fat storage...

sadly, most people get the sweet tooth at night time..

Comment

Working...
                              X