Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple WRAATH™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple WRAATH™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

CONTROLLED LABS PURPLE WRAATH™:
    Ergogenic Essential Amino Acid Matrix
    945 Grams (2.1 Pounds) Grape Powder

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath™ was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:

- Fast absorption/fast acting
    - EAA & BCAA
    - Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    - Delicious tangy grape flavor
    - Natural anabolic environment
    - Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    - Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    - Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    - Explosive strength, power, and energy
    - Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    - Dextrose/maltodextrin free

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy.

Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...

We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath™ by Controlled Labs.

PurplEAA Complex™:

The Purple Wraath™ PurplEAA Complex™ is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath™ fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex™:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes to training:

Leucine:
    - Primary anabolic trigger
    - Enhance recovery
    - Optimize hormone levels

Valine:
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Anti-inflammatory
    - Analgesic

Isoleucine:
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Hormones

Lysine:
    - Beta-oxidation
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Calcium absorption
    - Energy

Arginine:
    - Vasodilator
    - Nutrient delivery
    - Anti-Catabolic

Histidine:
    - Vasodilator
    - Sexual function

Threonine:
    - Nutrient uptake
    - Immune system

Methionine:
    - Enhance metabolism
    - Energy
    - Mood
    - Antioxidant

Phenylalanine:
    - Energy
    - Hormones
    - Mood

It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research shows that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions. Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath™. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side affects, we designed Purple Wraath™ to be completely tryptophan-free.

By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex™ you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.

What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex™.

PurplEndurance Complex™:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath™ by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

So what does each of the ingredients in the PurplEndurance Complex™ do?

Beta-Alanine:
    - Helps increase aerobic efficiency
    - Helps enhance oxygen transport
    - Helps to reduce lactic acid accumulation

Citrulline Malate:
    - Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
    - Boosts energy production
    - Has an oxygen sparing effect
    - Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous:
    - Key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
    - Enhances muscle fullness
    - Acts as an energy enzyme protector
    - Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
    - Elevates glutathione levels
    - Promotes liver health
    - Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
    - Enhances metabolism

Ginger:
    - Aids in nutrient absorption
    - Enhances digestion/stomach function
    - Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline:
    - Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

As you can see, we have responded to customer demand and the result: Purple Wraath™...the most advanced pre-workout product available!!
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 05-19-2006, 03:35 AM.

What is PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    PURPLE WRAATH™ is a Tangy Grape flavored Ergogenic EAA / BCAA Matrix !!

Where can I purchase PURPLE WRAATH™ and how much will it cost ?
    Internet retailers will have the best prices (around $50):
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm
    How many servings per bottle ?

How many servings per day ?
    1-2

So... how many days will each bottle last ?
    45-90 Days

What are BCAA's ?
    Branched Chain Amino Acids

Branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) are of special importance for athletes because they are metabolized in the muscle, rather than in the liver. These aminos can either be used to build new proteins or as fuel to produce energy.

What are EAA's ?
    Essential Amino Acids

This is where people often get confused, because the EAA's include BCAA's... and then some. Unlike non-essential amino acids, the Essential Amino Acids cannot be "synthesized" by the body in "optimal" quantities for the bodybuilder / athlete. There are 9 essential amino acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, and valine.

What does Ergogenic mean ?
    "Increasing capacity for bodily or mental labor especially by eliminating fatigue symptoms"

Does PURPLE WRAATH™ replace proper nutrition, training, and cardio ?
    No

Is PURPLE WRAATH™ for men or women ?
    Both

Is PURPLE WRAATH™ for pre-cardio or pre-workout ?
    PURPLE WRAATH™ is perfect for both

Does PURPLE WRAATH™ replace whey protein ?
    No, but it can replace your pre-workout whey protein

I'm on a carb-cycling diet... is PURPLE WRAATH™ good for me ?
    PURPLE WRAATH™ is a great option for carb-cyclers !

I'm on a low carb diet... is PURPLE WRAATH™ good for me ?
    PURPLE WRAATH™ is a great option for those on a low-carb diet !

What "basic" supplements do you recommend while taking PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    Creatine, such as Green Bulge (pre-workout)
    Whey Protein (throughout the day)
    PLENTY of water (this is critical)
    Multivitamin
    Fishoil / EFA

Besides the "basic" supplements listed above, what other supplements do you recommend to maximize my results while on PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    GlycerGrow (during cardio / training)
    White Blood (pre-workout or before bed)
    Green Bulge (pre-workout)
    Red Acid (pre-workout) during a fatloss / cutting phase

Why didn't Controlled Labs include Glutamine in PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    Great question !!

We could have included it, but we wanted to give the consumer the best "bang-for-buck" and glutamine POWDER simply isn't necessary or essential. If you want glutamine (for whatever reason) you can pick some up for $20 per kilo (1000g) to stack with PURPLE WRAATH™

Why didn't Controlled Labs include Dextrose / Maltodextrin / Carbs in PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    Great question !!

1) Including simple carbs in PURPLE WRAATH™ wouldn't be optimal for those who want to take several scoops at one time (instead of drinking it over a extended period of time)

2) We could have included cheap "filler" ingredients such as Maltodextrin / Dextrose, but do you really want to spend your hard earned money on DIRT CHEAP SIMPLE CARBS ? If you really want to use simple carbs I suggest buying them seperately and drinking them over a extended period of time...better yet, pick up some oats or palatinose.

3) Long term health. Simple carbs like Dextrose / Maltodextrin MAY not be optimal for long term health. More research is needed in this area.

4) Low carb diets. Nothing is more frustrating than being on a low carb diet and realizing that your supplement if full of carbs.

When you choose PURPLE WRAATH™, you are getting the active, effective ingredients and no "fillers", and we're very proud and excited to finally offer this option to the consumer.

I'm on medication or I have a health condition, should I take PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    Ask your doctor before taking PURPLE WRAATH™

Is it necessary to cycle PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    This depends on many variables, but if using it as a standalone, we generally recommend that you cycle off PURPLE WRAATH™ every 6 to 12 weeks

When starting and stopping PURPLE WRAATH™, should I "taper" up / down the dosage ?
    This is always a good idea, but not required

What are some good indications that I'm losing fat or gaining lean mass while on PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    Mirror / Appearance
    Measurements / Bodyfat caliper
    Bodyweight / Strength

I workout in the evening / before bedtime, is there anything I should know ?
    VERY good question. Depending on the dosage, it's possible that the PURPLE WRAATH™ endurance complex could prevent you from getting deep / quality sleep... if this happens, simply reduce your PURPLE WRAATH™ dosage

I workout in the morning / right after breakfast, is there anything I should know ?
    VERY good question. The main thing you should know is that PURPLE WRAATH™ is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for that scenario.

I've heard alot about "megadosing" EAA's and BCAA's... can I megadose PURPLE WRAATH™ ?
    VERY good question.. in this scenario I recommend picking up some bulk leucine powder to "megadose" along with the recommended PURPLE WRAATH™ dosage.

I heard that all of your products are "Real World" tested and 105% Guaranteed... how many "Real World" PURPLE WRAATH™ testers do you have ?
    25 public testers so far

Can I stack PURPLE WRAATH™ with Green Bulge™ ?
    Yes

Can I stack PURPLE WRAATH™ with White Blood ™ ?
    Yes

Can I stack PURPLE WRAATH™ with GlycerGrow ™ ?
    Yes

Can I stack PURPLE WRAATH™ with Red Acid ™ ?
    Yes

Can I stack PURPLE WRAATH™ with Blue Up ™ ?
    Yes

Can I stack PURPLE WRAATH™ with Blue Up ™ (Stim Free) ?
    Yes

So... after PURPLE WRAATH™.. what product is next for Controlled Labs... can you give us any insight ?
    Exciting stuff... we recently did some research on what consumers wanted from Controlled Labs, and our next product will be released very soon. It will be a very cost-effective "staple" product that everyone will love. We also have several VERY innovative projects in various stages of research and development.

Can Purple Wraath be used to aid in a bulking diet? It says lower body fat which makes it appeal to a cutters diet more, but in your description it says cut or bulk. Is it really any good for a bulk?
    Definately a great choice for a bulk and here's why.

Many of our customers that are bulkin have been looking for a comprehensive "True Ergogenic" that is designed more for "pure energy" instead of "appetite supression". The more intense your workout... the more you will love the benefits of PURPLE WRAATH™ so it fills the bill perfectly.

Why EAAs over BCAAs? I think it's a solid blend, but is there research out there that points to this over BCAAs?
    J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):234S-6S.
    Modulations of muscle protein metabolism by branched-chain amino acids in normal and muscle-atrophying rats.

Kobayashi H, Kato H, Hirabayashi Y, Murakami H, Suzuki H.

Applied Research Department, AminoScience Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co., Kawasaki, Japan. hisamine_kobayashi@ajinomoto.com

It has been shown that BCAAs, especially leucine, regulate skeletal muscle protein metabolism. However, it remains unclear how BCAAs regulate muscle protein metabolism and lead to anabolism in vivo. We examined muscle protein synthesis rate and breakdown rate simultaneously during BCAA infusion in muscle atrophy models as well as in normal healthy rats. Corticosterone-treated rats and hindlimb-immobilized rats were used as muscle atrophy models. Muscle protein synthesis rate and breakdown rate were measured as phenylalanine kinetics across the hindlimb. In anesthetized normal rats, BCAAs stimulated muscle protein synthesis despite low insulin concentration and did not suppress muscle protein breakdown. In corticosterone-treated rats, BCAAs failed to restore inhibited muscle protein synthesis, but reduced muscle protein breakdown. Immobilization of hindlimb increased muscle protein breakdown within a day. BCAAs did not change muscle protein metabolism, although essential amino acids (EAAs) suppressed muscle protein breakdown in hindlimb-immobilized rats. We also evaluated changes of fractional synthesis rate (FSR) of skeletal muscle protein during infusion of leucine alone or EAAs for 4 h in anesthetized normal rats. FSR showed a transient increase at 15-30 min of leucine infusion and then declined, whereas FSR stayed elevated throughout EAA infusion. We concluded that

1) BCAAs primarily stimulate muscle protein synthesis in normal rats independently of insulin
    2) EAAs are required to maintain the BCAA stimulation of muscle protein synthesis and
    3) The effects of BCAAs on muscle protein metabolism differ between atrophy models.

Is grape the only flavor or are you going to have more than one?
    Grape is the only flavor so far but as time goes on, we will probably add more flavors... ORANGE WRAATH anyone ????
    I've read this FAQ completely, and I still have a question or concern.. what should I do ?
    Please E-Mail me: pt@controlledlabs.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 05-19-2006, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Is it necessary to cycle PURPLE WRAATH™ ?

This depends on many variables, but if using it as a standalone, we generally recommend that you cycle off PURPLE WRAATH™ every 6 to 12 weeks.
      Mind being a little more specific about "many variables?" I have been taking PW every day with GM, and WF on workout days only. Should I cycle off PW, or does this not count as "using it as a standalone?"

Comment

Originally posted by Stagger Lee
        Mind being a little more specific about "many variables?" I have been taking PW every day with GM, and WF on workout days only. Should I cycle off PW, or does this not count as "using it as a standalone?"
        Yes, if using it every single day I would cycle it as recommended

Comment

does purple wrath primarily like a recovery drink (glutamine-like)? if not, what is its main purpose? (i just started using green mag and white flood)

Comment

does the new lemonade flavour include more additives to keep it purple while tasting lemonade?

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              does the new lemonade flavour include more additives to keep it purple while tasting lemonade?
              I'm kind of curious about this too..

As far as I can tell, I think there is more of something in the mix of Lemonade as the Lemonade 90 servings is about 22g heavier..
              Last edited by mrkdrt; 04-03-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

... i didnt take note to that... whatever it is, i think is tearing my GI up =x

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                  nope, same small amount of bilberry per serving. the amount of acid and flavoring is a bit higher in the lemonade hence the extra small amount per serving.

take it with some carbs if you are having a stomach ache
                  REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                  Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole
                  Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                  Green Bulge
                  White Blood 2
                  Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                  Blue Up
                  Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                  GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                  CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                  Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                    take it with some carbs if you are having a stomach ache
                    You still like Platinose as a top carb choice for adding to Wraath. It seems good, I just don't like that Platinose does NOT mix or disolve well at all. How about something like Vitargo? Whatca thinkin' Tank?

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
                      I just don't like that Platinose does NOT mix or disolve well at all. How about something like Vitargo?
                      That doesn't sound like Palatinose at all

Comment

ive been adding ground up steel cut oats...

the PW lemonade mixes real well with them -- i had been adding them to GF-PRO breakfeast protein shakes and they mixed horribly...

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          Grape is the only flavor so far but as time goes on, we will probably add more flavors... ORANGE WRAATH anyone ????
                          DO IT!
                          CONTROLLED LABS
                          Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                          Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            That doesn't sound like Palatinose at all
                            PT- The product I have is called PerfectCarb by Zima. Ingredients: Palatinose. It looks and feels just like regular granular sugar. It really does not dissolve that well. You tell me....

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
                              PT- The product I have is called PerfectCarb by Zima. Ingredients: Palatinose. It looks and feels just like regular granular sugar. It really does not dissolve that well. You tell me....
                              weird. try a waxy maize, it dissolves well too
                              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                              Purple Psyko
                              Gold Feast
                              Blue Gene
                              Blue Growth
                              REDuction AM/PM Shots
                              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                              Orange TRIad
                              White Flood (5 Flavors)