Report from the Front .. umm .. the Arnold Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report from the Front .. umm .. the Arnold Expo

Attended the Arnold Fitness Expo yesterday for the first time. It was an absolute madhouse. Got there relatively early at 11 AM and it was already very crowded. Within an hour and the Will Call line, which is the only way you can get tickets, stretched for over 200 yards.

It was like Halloween for fitness freaks. Everybody was walking around with these huge 'trick or treat' bags full of free samples, magazines, flyers and whatnot. The biggest bags were from Redline energy drinks and Bodybuilding.com

Didn't get to see many events so tried to wander around the aisles checking out the various vendor products. In several of the aisles there were pro bodybuilding champions of both genders signing autographs and posing for pictures. These folks are absolutely huge.

I will also state that the 'scantily clad females' doing much of the marketing were very attractive and shapely. Within minutes any kind of movement in the aisles was next to impossible. You were crammed together like cattle, except cattle move faster.

The Arnold now hosts everything from powerlifting and bodybuilding contests to dance, cheerleading and arm wrestling. So the crowd was truly diverse.

Vendors were handing out those small plastic cups with samples of various energy and amino drinks. LOTS and LOTS of energy drink samples. One could probably wander the over 600 booths and live on the samples being passed out. Course the eventual crash would be something

Of course the vendors who spend way more on marketing than product development were there. One hopes that the folks who buy into their line do some research into exactly what they are consuming.

I'll stick with CL.

And the Arnold certainly needs a bigger venue with scheduling that allows the attendees to feel like something other than cattle.

Wish I could have gone

Comment

Was there all 3 days - Friday wasnt too bad, saturday is insane; and then today wasnt too bad, you were able to move around a little easier. Scored a ton of samples, MT was giving away whole bottles of nanoX in their bags, somehow have 5 bottles of it?

Also scored about 8 months worth of protein it seems like, and enough pre-workout supps to last the rest of this year.

Good times, uploading pictures now, will post link later.

Also was at the mall after the expo today and Arnold was just walking the sidewalks at the mall, didnt seem to have that much security around him, but I looked over and there he was - good times.
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

... punk

Comment

Arnold's a dick. I work right across the street from him, literally, here in Sacramento, and he didn't have the audacity to return my phone call when I eagerly stated that I wanted to go with him to the Expo. What an ass.

-Angel

Originally posted by Sethva
          Was there all 3 days - Friday wasnt too bad, saturday is insane; and then today wasnt too bad, you were able to move around a little easier. Scored a ton of samples, MT was giving away whole bottles of nanoX in their bags, somehow have 5 bottles of it?

Also scored about 8 months worth of protein it seems like, and enough pre-workout supps to last the rest of this year.

Also was at the mall after the expo today and Arnold was just walking the sidewalks at the mall, didnt seem to have that much security around him, but I looked over and there he was - good times.

Comment

I imagine, being all he is, Arnold is a pretty busy goverinator. (i had to do it)

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva

Comment

Originally posted by hypnotikk
                Arnold's a dick. I work right across the street from him, literally, here in Sacramento, and he didn't have the audacity to return my phone call when I eagerly stated that I wanted to go with him to the Expo. What an ass.

-Angel
                haha pretty funny..

Comment

T-Nation has a great write up on the Arnold at http://www.t-nation.com/article/most...ports_festival

Comment

Let's see the pics !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X