Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 30 - July 31st

Sleep- 8 hours.

The Day- Went out for a couple of walks today. About 20-30 min each. It's so bloody hot though. I've had like 4 changes of clothes for today. 43 degree's cel. in Canada is really weird considering you freeze your ass of half the year round. I was feeling great until it was time for my workout. Guess all that walking left me hypoglycemic, but still had a good workout. Today was the refeed. Nothing to rave about really. Just had some chick peas, tortillas and a fruit. Feeling kinda bloated though. Had way too much water with the meal, plus the damn fruit was juicy as hell, so more water.I'm going to start including a little more fruit and veggies in my diet. Grapefruit seems like an awesome food. The Naringin in it actually suppresses the P450 cytochromosome, which is responsible for metabolising various things, xanthines, etc. I'd rather take a longer time than keep tanking my T3 levels and stopping progress in it's tracks. Anyway, carbs today was yum yum.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
    10:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
    2:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
    5:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
    6:00- Green MAG
    6:15-7:30- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
    8:00- Chicken, Almonds, PB, Torts, Chick Peas
    9:00- 1/2 Grapefruit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
    Today: Legs

Workout

Leg Extensions
    120 x 15 + 1 x 10 secs
    120 x 15 + 1 x 10 secs
    120 x 10 + 1 x 10 secs
    90 x 15 + 1 x 10 secs
    90 x 12 + 1 x 10 secs

SLDL's
    85 x 10
    85 x 10
    85 x 10
    85 x 10

Squats
    155 x 10
    155 x 10
    155 x 10
    155 x 10
    105 x 15

One Legged Leg Presses
    160 x 10
    160 x 8
    140 x 12
    140 x 10

Seated Calf Raises
    90 x 20
    90 x 15
    90 x 15

Holy cow, I could actually feel my muscles working with this weight. You know, the kind of feeling you get when you go heavier or haven't worked out in a while. The actual straining and all. Think the legs got some well deserved rest and recovery. I just know they are going to hurt like hell tomorrow, even with all the streching and cardio I did. Strength was pretty good for the most part, but I felt pretty hypoglycemic during the workout. Sleepy, lethargic, that kind of thing. Was sweating like crazy today.

Duration: 1 hr

Cardio = 15 min @ mid-high intensity + 10 min @ low intensity
    Streching = 15min, During, after workout and after cardio

Total Duration: 1 hr 30 min.
    Last edited by xven; 07-31-2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Nice workout, good luck walking!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
        Nice workout, good luck walking!
        Thanks, I did just fine.

Comment

Day 31 - Aug 1st

Sleep- 7 hours, with waking up so many times in between, I can't even remember. Had someone staying the night, with an undiagnosed case of snorning. Thank god I kept myself from stifling her with a pillow . Wouldn't want to mess up my new place now, would I In all seriousness though, somebody make a damn anti-snore product.

The Day- I had to walk home from my new place (still not moved out) which took a good 40-45 min. Needless to say, it was insanely hot. We almost hit a record high today with the temp. I'm carrying a little bloat since yesterday, nothing significant. Also, with all the sweating and washing, it's either that most of my shirts that just fit me perfectly, have either shrunk, or I've gotten bigger. Just to inflate my ego, I'll go with the comforting second option. I had much of a cotton mouth today. The kind where no matter how much your drink, your throat still feels shriveled and dehydrated. I'm liking the periodic carb meals. So far, I have no complaints about bloating substansially and feel much fuller. I am including 1/2 a grapefruit pre-workout as of now. It's barely much, like 13 carbs and that is a small price for the big returns. Every 4th to 5th day is where I will keep it. And guess what, my legs weren't sore today haha.

Diet

Meals for Today-
          11:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Red Peppers
          7:00- Green MAGnitude
          7:15- 1/2 Grapefruit
          7:30--9:00- Whey, BCAA
          9:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Lentils (Yellow)
          11:30- Chicken Leg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
          Today: Chest

Workout

Decline DB Bench Press
          40 x 12
          40 x 12
          40 x 12
          40 x 12

Barbell Bench Press
          125 x 10
          125 x 10
          125 x 8
          125 x 10

Dips
          BW x 12
          BW x 10
          BW x 6
          BW x 5

Incline DB Bench Press
          40 x 10
          40 x 10
          40 x 10
          40 x 10

Fly Machine
          60 x 10
          60 x 6 + 1 (10 secs)
          60 x 5 + 1 (10 secs)
          60 x 5 + 1 (10 secs)

Workout was fantastic. For some reason my gym was desolate. Works for me. My chest got pumped like mad. As if the part where my shirt got generally tight wasn't enough, it got even tighter now. Nonetheless, it felt awesome! I met a friend from school who had not seen me since march, and he noticed that I had indeed gotten bigger. Felt great to hear that vote of confidence. Recovery between sets was average, though I didn't keep much of a rest at all. Almost carried the pump through the workout (No waiting for benches, weights, machines, etc.) There should be more days like this

Duration: 45min

Cardio = 20 min at mid-high intensity and 10 min at Low intensity
          Guys, it was scary.. and a little smelly to be fair. I had my whole shirt wet by the end of this session. Also felt absolutely worn out, felt lightheaded and dizzy. Stupid cardio. Rest assure, the walk home wasn't much fun. Was hard to keep from getting hit by a car or some crazy woman's shopping cart.

Streching = 10 min. During workout, after workout

Total Duration = 1 hr 25 min

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Day 32 - Aug 2nd

Sleep- Pretty good. 8 hours

The Day- Woke up pretty early again. Went out to the P.O. to mail a couple of things. Amounted to a 20 min walk. It's freakishly hot pretty much everyday now. I drank plenty of water, still got totally dehydrated with just that little walk. I'm going to have to start carrying a bottle with me everywhere. I felt hungry as hell today. Appetite was raging. Friends were over ordered Pizza, chinese takeout, etc. and there I sat eating me' peanut butter, almonds, chicken. Just lucky they've got used to this. Before, I couldn't stand the amount of fun they'd make and stupid questions they'd ask. But hey, I found this tabasco hot sauce which is 0 cals per serving, only ingredients in it are vinegar, red peppers and salt; and it tastes AMAZING. McIlhenny Co. Tabasco Pepper Sauce -- get it! Also, I will surely be eating more veggies from now on, my bowel movements aren't exactly friendly anymore . I got quite lazy and sleepy towards the end of the day. Thinking of calling it a day and not going to the gym, but I didn't keep it from preventing me to go finally. Got worn out though. Came home had a little meal and got knocked out. Next thing I know, it's morning

Diet

I'm out of whey and won't be utilzing it anymore during the cut. Thought about it, why would I need an unecessary insulin spike, when I can just eat a little more whole food and prevent anything like it. Also guys, I'm down to an amazing 174 on my home scale (just bought a few days ago) so I'll say about 3-4 pounds added with clothes, should be about 177-178 w/ clothes. I'll be dropping come cals accordingly.

Meals for today-
            10:00- Almonds, PB, chicken
            5:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken, High Fiber Torts
            7:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken, High Fiber Torts, Spinach
            8:45- BCAA, Green MAG
            10:15- BCAA
            11:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, High Fiber Torts, Spinach

Training
            Today: Arms

Workout

Bicep Curls Supersetted with Overhead Tricep Pulldowns
            45 x 15 // 90 x 15
            45 x 12 // 90 x 15
            45 x 9 // 90 x 12
            45 x 9 // 90 x 10
            45 x 7 // 105 x 10
            55 x 5 // 105 x 8
            55 x 5 // 105 x 8

Hammer Grip Pullups Supersetted with Behind the Back Tricep ExtensionsBW x 10 // 25 x 7
            BW x 10 // 25 x 5
            BW x 7 // 25 x 5
            BW x 7 // 25 x 4
            BW x 4 // 25 x 2

Reverse Wrist Curls Supersetted with Wrist Curls
            45 x 10 // 45 x 10
            45 x 10 // 45 x 10
            45 x 10 // 45 x 10
            45 x 10 // 45 x 10
            85 x 1 (20 secs) // 85 x 1 (15 secs)
            75 x 1 (15 secs) // 75 x 1 (15 secs)

My arms were killing me. Not for long have I been able to do so many supersets back to back. The shirt I was wearing is now literally loose around the arms. Looks like it's streched out on the upper part. Great, I'm down another shirt. I'm somewhere where M shirts are a little too tight and L shirts are a little too loose. This sucks. When I was fat I couldn't get a shirt to fit right and now it's the same damn thing. Arrgg! Pump was crazy! I see more veins coming out on my left forearm, and a whole bunch of them. It's gonna look sick once they get bigger or I lose bf. Recovery was so damn exceptional today. My arms were hurting with the pump, and still I'd go set for set. I'm loving this.

Duration- 55 min

Cardio= 25 min mid-high intensity // 5 min Low intensity
            Streching= 5min, 1 x after workout
            Streched more of the side of my chest than anything. Just didn't feel it in the arms this time.

Total Duration: 1 hr 30min

Comment

Great updates and man that was a lot of supersets!

Comment

Day 33 - Aug 3rd

Sleep- 9 hours.

The Day- Woke up, went out for a walk after a little hanging around. About the normal 25-30 min. Decided today would be a nice time for an off. Chest is still kinda sore if I flex, no problems with other stuff. I will have 3 days to do abs, shoulders and back, then Aug 7th is a stupid holiday, so I don't have a choice but to get an off-day. Had a bunch of crap to do like call the banks, etc. get my address changed. Took quite a while finishing that up. My second walk was about 5-10 min. Started raining, so I had to call it quits. Got an actual cardio session towards the night, about 35 min and a little streching.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
                12:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                3:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Prawns, Tomato Gravy
                6:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Prawns, Tomato Gravy
                8:45- Green MAGnitude
                9:00--10:00- BCAA
                10:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Prawns, Tomato Gravy, High Fiber Tort
                12:00- Prawns, Almonds, Tomato Gravy

Cardio

25 min @ Mid-High Intensity + 10 min @ Low Intensity

I was amazed at the difference a cardio session without prior lifting makes. My heartrate took quite an effort to get up. It was the lowest I've ever seen it. When I lift, my starting heartrate is always 132-140. Today it was much into the 120's and didn't climb until I put more effort into getting it going. Endurace was pretty cool, flew right threw it. I didn't sweat as much as I do normally. Good stuff..

Comment

Day 34 - Aug 4th

Sleep- 8 hours

The Day- Took to getting in a walk when I woke up. About 25-30min. I was feeling extremely down and depressed, flat as hell. I got back, checked my temp it was about 38.5 degrees, sweating like crazy and feeling weak as hell. Decided I was in no form to workout. Girlfriend came over, we watched a couple of movies. Fell asleep during and woke up a bit later. Felt dizzy, nauteous and lightheaded, man this was not good. I think I didn't cook my damn prawns (shrimp) well enough, or maybe even a bad batch. The best part of the day was when she decides to cook for me. Your gonna love this- I wake up, she tells me I knocked out a couple of hours ago and she made me something for me to eat which was "high" in protein, just like I liked it. Guess what it was- Kraft Dinner lol. Was in no mood to make anything or seem ungrateful for what she did, I admit this was absolutely sweet of her-- so I just shut up and ate up. Made some hot brownies too. It morning now, and I probably slept 12 hours not counting the part where I dozed off. I'm back on track from here on.. feeling a little bit better than before for sure. Sorry, didn't really track my cals yesterday, ate quite a bit though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Day 35 - Aug 5th

Sleep- 11-12 hours.

The Day- Feeling a whole lot better today. Temp is still a little high, but weakness has gone. Back on track with everything. I think the crap food did me good. Feeling nice and full, although I have some water retention, but I look even leaner. Went out for a short walk in the morning (15min). I'm didn't/not taking any medication or anti-biotics so nothing will skew with the results. Alright, I'm calling it a night now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet
                    3:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                    6:30- BCAA
                    8:30- Green MAGnitude (Post-workout)
                    9:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Onions, Spinach

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
                    Today: Back

Workout

Deads

85 x 15
                    85 x 15
                    85 x 14
                    85 x 14

Bent over rows
                    85 x 15
                    85 x 15
                    85 x 10
                    85 x 10
                    85 x 10 (Close Grip)
                    85 x 8 (Close Grip)

Shrugs
                    225 x 20
                    225 x 15

Lat Pulldown
                    95 x 15
                    85 x 12 (Triangle)
                    85 x 10 (Triangle)
                    85 x 8 (Triangle)

One-Arm Rowing
                    35 x 10
                    35 x 10

I was expecting to feel like utter crap during this... and I did. Strength remained unaffected, but my mood, motivation, that kind of stuff, went to hell. Still got a great workout in, just didn't feel like I did. Rest was kept to a min. between sets. Need I mention, right from finishing the second set of deads, my forearms were pumped like crazy and carried on pretty much throughout. When I went onto rows, the whole my arm was filled. Heck, even my back got a pump? And for some reason chest too. Wow, I looked like one pumped mofo today lol. Felt the exercises hitting the back too. Nice indeed!

Duration:
                    50 min.

Cardio
                    = 30 min. Low intensity
                    I wanted to do my normal mid-high, but I was feeling hypertensive. Head was hurting if I went too fast and my nose started feeling funny too.
                    Streching= 15 min. During workout and after workout

Total Duration: 1 hr 35min

Comment

Day 36 - Aug 6th

Sleep- 10 hours. I woke up at around 8 but just went back to bed.

The Day- Went for a short walk in the morning. Felt dehydrated the moment I stepped out. Think I got tanned in the 15min I was out. I hadn't shaved till evening, but when I did, whoa did I look funny. I had a white complexion on my face and my forearms looked tanned. I think it's just the weather, almost every afternoon I take a little nap. I feel sleepy and lethargic, apart from the fact that I'm still a little sick. I think I may have strained a nerve connecting into my neck or something. I strech my head too much to the right and I get this nerve pull type of feeling in my neck. Hopefully it should go away. Had quite an appetite today. Ate quite a bit after my workout and still never got full. Funny thing is, everytime I eat a bit more, I feel much leaner in the mornings. I cannot attribute this to thermogensis or increased thyroid output for today atleast as most of it was low-carb. But since I did have cheese and tortilla's, I'm guessing a small amount of carbs and cheese (high in leucine) being insulinotropic could have got something going for me. Oh well, I favour the results so maybe I'll spare a few brain cells trying not to figure.

Diet

Today-
                      4:00- Cheese, Almonds
                      6:00- BCAA
                      8:20- Green MAG (PWO)
                      9:00- Torts, Eggs, Egg whites, almonds
                      10:30- Torts, Cheese, Almonds
                      12:30- Prawns

Training
                      Today: Shoulders, Abs

Workout

Seated Dumbell Presses
                      35 x 15
                      35 x 15
                      30 x 15
                      30 x 13

Front Raises
                      20 x 10(R) + 9(L)
                      20 x 12(R) + 13(L)
                      15 x 15
                      15 x 15

Rows
                      50 x 12
                      50 x 8

Side Dumbell Presses
                      35 x 10(R) + 9(L)
                      30 x 8

Reverse Flies
                      70 x 10
                      70 x 10
                      70 x 10
                      70 x 10

Crunches/Sit Ups
                      105 x 10
                      BW x 10
                      105 x 10
                      BW x 10
                      105 x 10
                      BW x 10
                      120 x 10
                      BW x 10
                      BW x 15
                      BW x 12
                      BW x 12
                      BW x 12

Seemed like a repeat of yesterday. No friggin' motivation, just skimming through the exercises like I had to, not like I wanted to. Shoulders get really pumped and fatigued with high reps. Felt like throwing up during the workout too, but just sucked it up and finished up. One thing I've noticed, is when there are no people/only a few people around me (the kind that sleep between setsm not rest) I find it really unmotivating. But when the gym is crowded, I'm at my best and totally motivated. Call me egolistic, but I hate the idiot who would pick up about 5 pounds more than me, come right next to me, throw every part in his body to pick it up for 3-4 reps, no form whatsoever, inflate his ego, smile and try to outshine me again. No shit buddy, there's a reason I'm lifting light and doing high controlled reps. Sometimes I just feel like lifting what I can and wiping that smuck look off his face. Eh .. I have issues, I guess

Duration: 1 hr.

Cardio: 30 min @ LI
                      Man, totally forced right through it. Most BORING session ever! Took an eternity to get through it. My heart rate went really low considering where it would be normally. Damn..

Streching: 5 min After workout

Total Duration: 1 hr 35min.

Comment

Day 37 - Aug 7th

Sleep- 9 hours

The Day- Holiday today, so the gym was closed. Just went out with my family to various places and then helped with some moving into the house. I think I really should get my basement floor carpeted or atleast padded. It's pretty much empty right now, so I started doing stupid shit like cartwheels, handstands, etc. I'm no gymnast, so you can see how that went with a nice tiled floor. Anyway, got back home, a couple of friends convinced me to go play soccer, but this smartass of mine wore sandals. Needless to say, I broke my toenail, bleed a little and formed a nice clot. Crown me the king of stupidity, I earned it dammit.

Diet

Today-
                        12:00- Almonds, Chicken, PB
                        4:00- Almonds, Chicken, PB, Eggs
                        9:00- Almonds, Chicken, PB, Torts, Cheese, Prawns

Comment

Originally posted by xven
                          Sleep- 9 hours

The Day- Holiday today, so the gym was closed. Just went out with my family to various places and then helped with some moving into the house. I think I really should get my basement floor carpeted or atleast padded. It's pretty much empty right now, so I started doing stupid shit like cartwheels, handstands, etc. I'm no gymnast, so you can see how that went with a nice tiled floor. Anyway, got back home, a couple of friends convinced me to go play soccer, but this smartass of mine wore sandals. Needless to say, I broke my toenail, bleed a little and formed a nice clot. Crown me the king of stupidity, I earned it dammit.

Diet

Today-
                          12:00- Almonds, Chicken, PB
                          4:00- Almonds, Chicken, PB, Eggs
                          9:00- Almonds, Chicken, PB, Torts, Cheese, Prawns

Soiunds like a pretty good day besides the toe nail. Log is looking great as always.

Comment

Day 38 - Aug 8th

Sleep- 8 hours

The Day- Got in a small 15 min. walk in the morning. My body temp was high again and made me feel like crap. Feeling weak and completely flat. Had quite an appetite going too. Took a nice 3-4 hour nap which cut me off on training, so I had only half an hour before the gym closed. And to make things better, I ate a load before I hit the gym.

Diet

Today-
                            5:00- Fish Burgers, bread
                            10:00- Homemade chicken pizza + Green MAG
                            11:30- Homemade chicken pizza

Training
                            Today: Legs

Workout

Squats supersetted SLDLS
                            155 x 10 // 85 x 10
                            155 x 10 // 85 x 10
                            Rest
                            155 x 10 // 85 x 10
                            155 x 10 // 85 x 10
                            255 x 5
                            Leg Presses
                            300 x 10
                            300 x 10
                            300 x 10

Leg extensions supersetted Calf Raises
                            105 x 12 + 45 x 1(10 secs) // 115 x 15
                            105 x 12 + 45 x 1(10 secs) // 115 x 15
                            120 x 12 + 45 x 1(10 secs)

No cardio, No streching

Workout didn't feel very great, being I just ate a load and was lifting with a full tummy. Miracle I didn't throw up, but I assure, during and after I didn't feel swell. Surprised at my strength for this. My heartrate was off the charts and yet I kept going set after set. I took to quite a sweat for such a short session too.

Total Duration: 35 min.

Comment

Day 39 - Aug 9th

Sleep- 7.5 hours

The Day- Wasn't feeling my greatest. Went out to play some soccer, underestimated the amount of water I would have needed, found myself pretty dehydrated. Fun, nonetheless. Spent some time watching a movie, took a small nap, then hit the gym.

Diet

Today-
                              11:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                              1:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                              4:00-Almonds, PB, Chicken
                              7:00-Almonds, PB, Chicken
                              8:00- Green MAG
                              9:30- Almonds, Chicken, Cheese

Training
                              Today: Chest

Workout

Decline Dumbell Presses
                              40 x 10
                              40 x 10
                              40 x 10
                              40 x 10
                              40 x 10

Bench Presses
                              130 x 10
                              130 x 10
                              130 x 10
                              130 x 9

Dips
                              BW x 9
                              BW x 12
                              BW x 10

Fly Machine
                              100 x 8
                              60 x 10 + 1 (10 secs)
                              60 x 7 + 1 (10 secs)
                              60 x 5 + 1 (10 secs)
                              50 x 1 (20 secs)

Workout was fantastic. Strength today was absolutely present. I'd definitely attribute this to yesterdays carbs. I haven't experienced something like this since I've been on low carbs, and my refeeds aren't exactly worth even being called refeeds. I will be doing this more often. During cutting with all the strength losses, some size loss and no energy, it can all really get to you. So a day to pig out on carbs (and try and keep 'em healthy) is great not only for the psychological aspects, but perhaps physiological as well. Got quite a pump out of it too, especially during streching and after quick sets.

Duration: 45 min.

Cardio: 30 min. Low Intensity
                              Streching: 10 min. during and after workout

Total Duration: 1 hr 25min

Comment

Day 40 - Aug 10th

Sleep- 8 hours

The Day- I felt fine in the morning, went out to play some soccer for about a half hour. By mid-afternoon I started feeling sore. My chest got really sore and my legs had a considerable amount as well. Felt flat and depleted. No energy, and I'm making it a habbit of taking short a nap. Probably from feeling hypoglycemic from the morning. Was in absolutely no mood to workout today, but after quite a bit of contemplating, went through with it. I would look to have a refeed around sat. I am getting really sick of just eating boring chicken breasts, almonds and PB. I can't seem to get full on it anymore. I'll try and incorporate something else in place.
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Today-
                                11:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                                2:00- Eggs, Egg whites, High Fiber Torts, Chicken
                                4:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, High Fiber Torts
                                7:00-Almonds, PB, Chicken, High Fiber Torts
                                8:30- Green MAG
                                11:30- Almonds, PB, Lean Beef, High Fiber Torts

------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
                                Today: Arms

Workout

Bicep Curls /supersetted with/ Overhead Tricep Extensions

35 x 10 (hammer Grip)
                                35 x 10 (Hammer Grip)
                                45 x 8 // 25 x 8(r) x 10(L)
                                45 x 7 // 25 x 6(r) x 10 (L)
                                45 x 7 // 25 x 6(r) x 10 (L)
                                45 x 8 // 25 x 5 (r) x 5(L)

Bicep Curls /supersetted with/ Skullcrushers
                                45 x 5 // 65 x 8
                                45 x 6 // 65 x 8
                                45 x 6 // 65 x 6
                                45 x 6 // 65 x 6

Hammer Grip Pull-ups /supersetted with/ Overhead Tricep Pushdowns
                                BW x 12 // 110 x 10
                                BW x 8 // 110 x 10
                                BW x 8 // 110 x 10
                                BW x 5 // 110 x 8

Reverse Wirst Curls /supersetted with/ Wirst Curls
                                65 x 8 // 65 x 8
                                45 x 10 // 45 x 10
                                45 x 10 // 45 x 10
                                45 x 6 // 45 x 10

I was in two minds about working out today. I had no energy for most of the day and got pretty sore. Right from the first part of hitting the weights, I could feel I was in no mood to lift today. I was thinking of just leaving this for tomorrow, but as I went along I could feel myself getting more motivated. I put forth all the effort I could into the workout and it turned out great! The pumps in my arms are getting increasingly insane. I never worked out for a pump before, nor did I get too much of one, but now, it's emanant almost everytime and it feel's great.

Duration: 1 hr

Cardio= 10min LI
                                Streching= none

Total Duration: 1 hr 10min

Comment

Working...
                                X