Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 22 - July 23rd

Sleep- 8.5 hours

The Day- Sorry I didn't get the chance to post this up yesterday. Went out with a couple of friends to niagara for a birthday party. Left in the evening came back today at around late afternoon. To point to the obvious, it was awesome! I didn't drink, but had to eat off the venue. I didn't go indulging myself, kept it to a minimum, sipped water throughout and just ate whatever meat I could find. Had very little sleep, since we only got there at 10. Today was an off-day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
    10:00- Grapefruit, Chicken, PB
    2:00- Chick Peas, Almonds, PB, Chicken
    5:00- Chick Peas, Almonds, PB, Chicken
    7:30--10:00- Almonds

Later on, at the party, I'd estimate about 600-800 cals worth of food. (Not accounted for)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Day 23 - July 24th

Sleep- What sleep? I'm guessing about 3-4 hours in the car on the way back. Crappy, I know, but once in a while, I think it's ok to go out and live.

The Day- Well, for one I didn't really sleep. For two-

-I've been thinking about my training protocol. I've noticed that my stamina has really been affected and come down a lot. I am also cutting. This seems to be a perfect time to do either a super-set routine or a conditioning workout. Suffice to say, I will now be working out 1 body part a week. I might give legs a little time down the week, but once should do the trick. By lifting heavy as ever, I am ruining my chances at myofibrillar hypertrophy when I bulk and have sufficient calories coming in. You can see my hypothesis and some discussion here. In essense, I will be lowering the weight, upping the reps, and pushing for more fatigue and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

Surprisingly though, with no sleep, I still felt pretty killer. Got home, did a little eating and went hit the gym.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
      9:00--12:00- Kept at eating some chicken breast from swiss chalet (pretty clean)
      2:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Red Peppers (Oh almonds, how I missed you)
      3:45- Green MAGnitude
      4:00--5:45- Whey, BCAA, Leuince
      6:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Red Peppers
      9:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Red Peppers
      11:00- Eggs, Egg white, Veggies

Training
      Today: Legs

Workout

Squats
      95 x 20
      105 x 20
      155 x 12
      155 x 12
      245 x 4
      155 x 12

Leg Presses
      280 x 20 (Normal stance)
      300 x 15 (Heels together)
      300 x 15 (Normal stance)
      300 x 15 (Heels together)

SLDL's
      105 x 8
      85 x 15
      85 x 15
      85 x 15

Leg Extensions
      120 x 15 // 1 rep (60) held for 10 sec

Calf Raises
      255 x 15 (Standing)
      255 x 15 (Standing)
      135 x 15 (Seated)
      135 x 15 (Seated)
      115 x 25 (Seated)

Routine change was in place. I got murdered today. Ouch, it's been a while since I've done so many reps. What was good is I was pretty much on the spot with the weights to pick. All have increased since my last time with this protocol. My legs were rather dead by the end of it. Pumps were so intense, they were actually painful. I'm expecting really bad soreness. I hit this one hard. Stamina was great. Almost every set, except changing exercises, I kept rest to under 1 min. I drank a crapload of water as I sweated like crazy. Today just beat the crap out of me. Can't wait for tomorrow's beating

Duration: 1 hr 10min

Cardio and Streching
      Cardio = Epi. for 20 min at low intensity
      Streching = 15min; 1 x during workout, 1 x after workout

Total Duration: 1 hr 45min.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
        Haha, I know the feeling on that one bro. Having lost a shitton of weight (formerly 5xl) I am used to wearing baggie shirts and such, but I went to the gym today pimping my new CL shirt (2xl baby) and got so many comments on how I should wear more fitting shirts more often. I especially enjoyed it when a girl came up and told me she liked my traps

SCT
        Congrats man! I know first hand how hard it is to lose weight. You've come a long way, best of luck along the rest! Think I might order me a CL shirt as well (some of the designs are unreal). That and some Green MAG. I'm totally impressed with it.

Comment

Day 24 - July 25th

Sleep- Pretty good. Got in 10 hours.

The Day- I'm feeling really depleted. I have been going way too low with my carbs. It was meant to be a good 10-15%, but I barely make half of that. I'm going to include more frequent refeeds for this purpose. I know my T4 to T3 conversion is definitely gone to crap. Got to do something about it. Today was pretty hot. Just felt lethargic and sleepy.

Diet

Meals for Today

11:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Peppers
          1:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Peppers
          4:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Spinach
          5:00- Green MAGnitude
          5:30--7:00- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
          8:30- Eggs, Egg Whites, Veggies (Tomato, Onions, Corriander)
          11:00- Chicken drums, Spinach

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
          Today: Shoulders

Workout

Seated Dumbell Presses
          35 x 15 35 x 15 35 x 9
          30 x 15

Front Raises
          20 x 12/9 (R/L) 15 x 15
          15 x 15
          15 x 15

Military Presses
          65 x 10
          55 x 10
          55 x 10

Side Dumbell Rows
          55 x 12
          55 x 10
          50 x 12

Lateral Raises
          20 x 8
          20 x 8

Dumbell Military Presses
          30 x 10
          30 x 10

Rear Delt Fly
          70 x 10
          70 x 10
          70 x 8
          70 x 8

Face Rows
          75 x 10
          75 x 10

Wow.. I did not see this coming. My delts were killing me from the start of it. I really forgot how high reps for delts especially, being a small muscle group and all, can knock you out. I started out great, but the first few sets in, my delts were already fatigued. Doing 10-15 controlled reps on a small muscle group like delts is hard. And these weren't easy reps, they were practically till failure. I aimed at hitting 15 reps on everything. Anything lower was pre-failure. Woo... now that was good. Anyway, strength was pretty much down again.

Duration:1 hr

Cardio - 20 min, Epi @ LI (Low Intensity)

Streching - 10 min. 1 x during workout, 1 x after workout

Total Duration: 1hr 30min
          -------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Day 25 - July 26th

Sleep- 8.5 hours

The Day- Did a little afternoon LI cardio, followed by a workout late evening. Today was my refeed meal (clean). Man carbs have never tasted so good. No signs of bloating yet. Limiting water intake around the meal really does help. Sweating quite a bit lately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
            10:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Peppers, Cottage Cheese
            2:00- Oats, Banana, Whey, Cottage Cheese
            5:00- Fish, Almonds, PB, Spinach, High Fiber Torts, Cottage Cheese
            6:30- Green MAGnitude
            7:00--8:00- Whey, BCAA, Leuince
            9:00- Fish, Almonds, PB, Spinach, Cottage Cheese
            11:00- Fish, Almonds, PB, Spinach, Cottage Cheese

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
            Today: Chest

Workout

Decline Dumbell Bench Press
            35 x 15
            40 x 15
            40 x 12
            40 x 9

Flat Barbell Bench Presses
            105 x 12
            105 x 12
            105 x 12
            105 x 11
            145 x 9

Incline Dumbell Presses
            40 x 10
            40 x 10
            40 x 10
            40 x 11

Fly Machine
            60 x 8
            60 x 8
            60 x 8
            60 x 8
            50 x 1 (20 secs held)

Workout was pretty good. No strength loss issues. I took a 15-30 sec rest between sets and was able to go through my workout very quickly. I really feel stamina is slightly better with this. Heavy weights + not enough rest + deficit was killing me, not to mention was counterproductive. It really feels nice to leave the ego at the door, go in and look up at form and doing all those reps in a controlled manner.

Duration: 35 min

Cardio = 20 min @ LI Epi.
            +
            30 min @ LI Epi. at 1:00

Streching = 5 min after workout

Total Duration = 55min.

Comment

Very nice workout today bro, I am quickly becoming a fan of shorter rest times myself. Unless I'm going with like a 5x5 or a 4x6 rep/set range I like to keep rest times short.

One question though, for your elliptical settings, what resistance are you using?

SCT
              Back to the basics!

Comment

Hey man...just wanted to stop in and let you know I feel your pain.... sounds like the sleep issues are really wearing you down... same here.

I'm also feeling lethargic most of the time and I miss carbs (sleep issues + carb issues = bad)... the mood swings I'm having aren't cool.... I really scared the hell out of the DMV lady the other day and I didn't realize it until way too late.

Remember... "cutting is temporary...lifting is for life baby !!"

Anyways keep up the great work !!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                  Very nice workout today bro, I am quickly becoming a fan of shorter rest times myself. Unless I'm going with like a 5x5 or a 4x6 rep/set range I like to keep rest times short.

One question though, for your elliptical settings, what resistance are you using?

SCT
                  I change them up quite a bit.
                  Low= 6-10
                  Mid-High= 12-17
                  High= 18+

I prefer 12. It meets you split down the middle of making it too low or too high. Most comfortable setting for me. I do 18 sometimes on leg day. You have to put quite a bit of work into getting that going. Gives off this burning sensation in the calves, hammy, quad, glute. That and it makes makes you drop sweat like crazy. My pants are literally wet when I'm through.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                    Hey man...just wanted to stop in and let you know I feel your pain.... sounds like the sleep issues are really wearing you down... same here.

I'm also feeling lethargic most of the time and I miss carbs (sleep issues + carb issues = bad)... the mood swings I'm having aren't cool.... I really scared the hell out of the DMV lady the other day and I didn't realize it until way too late.

Remember... "cutting is temporary...lifting is for life baby !!"

Anyways keep up the great work !!
                    Wow, nice quote pu. Think that up yourself? Good stuff either way. Yeah cutting really has me in a bad mood. I actually have a goal to reach, so there's no time for mokeying around, no margin for error. I don't see results, I get frustrated. And trying to make those results possible isn't quite the easiest thing to do. Then again, I had just awesome strength gains, and now I can't go lifting heavy since I've had to save myofilliar hypertro for when calories are sufficient. Your quote put a smile on my face. It makes sense. Thanks for that.

LMAO, at the part where you scared the DMV lady. Mood swings aren't so much fun. I've had quite a bit of experience with those on low carbs. Just feel sleepy and easily irritable. Oh well.. as you put it - "cutting is temporary...lifting is for life baby !!"

Thanks for the support man. Good luck with your cutting too. Just in case you feel very depressed and down, 5-HTP has helped for this cause in the past, now I'm just used to feeling shitty.

Comment

Day 26 - July 27th

Sleep- Good. 8 hours

The Day- Feeling pretty good. Took a small walk in the morning. No bloating at all as with the carb load. Chest has some soreness. That's about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
                      11:00- Eggs, Egg Whites, Veggies
                      1:30- Chicken, Almonds, PB, Spinach
                      4:00-Chicken, Almonds, PB, Spinach
                      7:00-Chicken, Almonds, PB, Spinach
                      8:00- Green MAGnitude
                      8:30--10:00- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
                      11:00- Fish, Almonds, PB, Cottage Cheese

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
                      Today: Arms

Workout

Barbell Curls [Supersetted w/] Overhead Tricep Pulldowns
                      45 x 15 [s] 90 x 15
                      45 x 12 [s] 90 x 15
                      45 x 9 [s] 90 x 10
                      45 x 8 [s] 90 x 8
                      45 x 6 [s] 90 x 5

Spider Curls [Supersetted w/] Overhead Tricep Extensions
                      45 x 8 [s] 25 x 6
                      45 x 5 [s] 25 x 5
                      45 x 4 [s] 25 x 5
                      45 x 4 [s] 25 x 5

Dips
                      BW x 10
                      BW x 6
                      BW x 6
                      BW x 5

Wirst Curls [Supersetted w/] Reverse Wirst Curls
                      45 x 10 [s] 45 x 10
                      45 x 10 [s] 45 x 10
                      45 x 10 [s] 45 x 6
                      45 x 8 [s] 45 x 6

Decided to just do supersets to work up some sweat since I was going light anyway. Wow, my arms were pumped like mad today. I could feel the veins just sticking out of my skin. I'd just start another set and right from rep 1, pump! It was pretty hard trying to get all the reps in as the set moved along. woo.. felt awesome.

Duration: 1hr

Cardio: 20 min; Low Intensity; Epi
                      Streching: 10 min; 1 x in workout, 1 x after workout

Total Duration: 1hr 30min
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Day 27 - July 28th

Sleep- 10 hours

The Day- I woke up, chugged down a little BCAA along with Green MAG, and went off for a small walk. Felt quite refreshed while at it. Still have a little soreness in the chest, but now it's more emanant in my forearms and tri's. I followed this later with another small walk in the evening and then 20 min's of LI cardio in the night. My calves have actually started to look rather nice. In case you missed it, today's an off Also, I realized I'm saving a ton of money while cutting. My normal day's worth of food lasts me more than 2 days now. Yippe! (Though I eat off of most of the groceries my mom brings mom)

Diet

Meals for Today-
                        12:30- Chicken, Almonds, PB
                        3:00- Chicken, Almonds, PB. Peppers
                        6:00- Chicken, Almonds, PB. Peppers
                        8:30- Salmon, Almonds, PB
                        11:00- Chicken, Amonds, PB

Comment

Day 28 - July 29th

Sleep- Good. 7 hours

The Day- Was out all morning driving around and doing moving stuff. I don't think I mentioned it, but I am moving to a new house. Involved some heavy lifting so I got some good workout there. Also I found a loadable bar. This means I can buy weights and go up higher on my deadlifts, etc. which I am not allowed to do heavy in the gym. I will be getting some pull up bars and dip bars as well. Shove in all in the basement and I've got my little escape. More good news is that I will be moving out of my room comparable to a little storage room and getting the whole basement to myself! woot! Also guys, I might not be able to post a few days when I move out completely (comp included) and get the internet set up at the new place. Shouldn't be very long, however, I'll try and go to the public library and keep the updates coming.

Diet

Meals for Today-
                          10:00- Almonds, PB, Salmon, Egg Whites
                          1:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                          3:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                          6:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                          7:15- Green MAGnitude
                          7:45--9:00- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
                          10:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken Legs
                          12:30- High Fiber Tort

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
                          Today: Back

Workout

Deadlifts
                          85 x 15
                          85 x 15
                          85 x 15
                          85 x 15

Bent Over Barbell Rows

95 x 15
                          95 x 15
                          95 x 11
                          95 x 8
                          95 x 9 (Close Grip)
                          95 x 10 (Close Grip)

Lat Pulldowns
                          85 x 15
                          85 x 15
                          85 x 10
                          85 x 10 (Triangle Bar)
                          85 x 8 (Triangle Bar)

Seated One Hand Rows
                          35 x 10
                          35 x 10

Went very well. I thought I'd be worn out from doing all the work in the morning, but I pulled off some energy to get me through. There was minimal rest between sets. 15 reps of sets of deads done back to back breaks quite a sweat. I was completely drenched first exercise in.

Duration: 40min.

Cardio: 25 min. on Epi at mid-high intensity
                          Streching: 5 min after workout

Total Duration: 1hr 10min

Comment

Day 29 - July 30th

Sleep- 8.5 hours.

The Day- Pretty good. My refeed will be scheduled tomorrow, so can't wait. I finally start moving to my new place tomorrow. Felt pretty good the whole day. My appetite is for some reason, dead. I just don't feel like eating anymore. It sucks, but it's a welcome change for cutting. I wouldn't blame me either. I mean this- chicken, almonds, PB; day in and day out.. it'll do that to you. I'm just glad I've got my whole dedication and discipline back. Feel's great! Also, cutting has been working quite well in terms of fatloss. I've lost a note worthy amount of fat over my upper chest among other places. Vascularity still hasn't come out yet. Infact, I lost most of it since march-early april. I'm guessing a lower body fat will work towards it. I'll post up updates and pics next week.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet
                            11:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                            3:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                            5:00- Almonds, PB, Chicken
                            6:00- Green MAGnitude
                            6:30-7:20-- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
                            8:30- Almonds, PB, Chicken, Red Peppers
                            9:30- Eggs, Veggies, High Fiber Tort

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training
                            Today: Abs

Workout

Crunches
                            120 x 10
                            BW x 10
                            120 x 10
                            BW x 10
                            120 x 10
                            BW x 10
                            120 x 10
                            BW x 10
                            105 x 10
                            BW x 10

Sit-ups
                            BW x 10
                            BW x 10
                            BW x 10
                            BW x 10
                            BW x 10

Fairly easy. My abs did get a reaction out of this. Disapointed I didn't even break a sweat. So far I'm liking this 1 body part a day thing. Makes things alot easier while cutting, without comprimising gains.

Duration: 25min.

Cardio = 30min. Mid-High intensity
                            Streching = no streching

Total Duration: 55min

Comment

Originally posted by xven
                              My normal day's worth of food lasts me more than 2 days now. Yippe! (Though I eat off of most of the groceries my mom brings mom)
                              LMAO awesome... and yes I made up that quote above... at least as far as I know

How is your stamina / cardio / endurance etc.. while on Green MAG ??

This log is awesome
                              Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-31-2006, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                                LMAO awesome... and yes I made up that quote above... at least as far as I know

How is your stamina / cardio / endurance etc.. while on Green MAG ??

This log is awesome
                                Not the greastest, but a welcome change from before. It's the no carbs, that would be to blame for the suffering in endurance, stamina, etc. but I'd say these aspects have become a little better since I started this log. Not a remarkable change or anything like that. I've been using a during workout shake for pretty long now, so I know the difference between when I started Green MAG and before that.

Stamina: Normally, I'm great. While lifting, not so much. Heartrate jumps like crazy after a good compound lift or a heavy lift. Takes a while to settle

Cardio: Works wonderfully. I've tried taking a serving before I run off for cardio, and that session was almost way too easy. I perspired like normal, but I just kept going and going without having that onset of tireness. Again, I'm not sure if it's the Green MAG working that or maybe I was just having a nice day. I'll take some for my cardio sessions and get back to you with something conclusive

Endurance: Look at stamina.

I don't know what info you guys are exactly looking for. So if you asked questions like the one's pu asked, I could add some more info.

Comment

Working...
                                X