No announcement yet.

HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont be in paradise til may-june ..going ot be on Maui for 6 nights and Kaua'i 7

the camera should arrive tomorrow -- then i have to learn how to use it ! lol I bought some guide book that is apparantly 100x better than the manual, but that wont arrive til mid march =( stupid amazon.com

im stoked, the thing even shoots 720p HD video..going to be a huge step up from my fiancees nikon pocket point and shoot from 2 or 3 black fridays ago!!
    Last edited by jiritt0; 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      wont be in paradise til may-june ..going ot be on Maui for 6 nights and Kaua'i 7

the camera should arrive tomorrow -- then i have to learn how to use it ! lol I bought some guide book that is apparantly 100x better than the manual, but that wont arrive til mid march =( stupid amazon.com

im stoked, the thing even shoots 720p HD video..going to be a huge step up from my fiancees nikon pocket point and shoot from 2 or 3 black fridays ago!!
      That is SO awesome man, sounds like something to put on my list

Comment

getting married and goign to hawaii or the camera?

Comment

awesome pics

Comment

here are a couple i've done:

a buddies toyota MR2. i need to fix the sky... it's still screwy looking.

a train sitting here in my home town

Comment

yoyoyo
              I just bought a digital SLR that has one or two versions of HDR capabiltiy built into it! Going to be fun in hawaii on the honeymoon, haha
              what make/model camera did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Illilian View Post
                here are a couple i've done:

a buddies toyota MR2. i need to fix the sky... it's still screwy looking.

a train sitting here in my home town
                Awesome !

Comment

Those look awesome!
                  laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by Illilian View Post
                    what make/model camera did you get?
                    Pentax K7... I plan to start reading the 300 some page manual soon, lol

crazy pics; what gear do you use? also, are they straight from the camera, or do you use a PC to edit them

I have photoshop CS4, may try and learn how to use that after the honeymoon - figure I'll take a mix of raw and jpg shots
                    Last edited by jiritt0; 03-01-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Chris,

Does your camera do the tone mapping and etc... automatically or what program do you use ?

Comment

woops totally forgot about this thread :-(

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                        Those look awesome!
                        Thanks!

Pentax K7... I plan to start reading the 300 some page manual soon, lol

crazy pics; what gear do you use? also, are they straight from the camera, or do you use a PC to edit them

I have photoshop CS4, may try and learn how to use that after the honeymoon - figure I'll take a mix of raw and jpg shots
                        Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                        Chris,

Does your camera do the tone mapping and etc... automatically or what program do you use ?

I use the Canon XTi with various lenses. That camera body doesn't do the tone mapping on the fly, so i just do the exposure bracketing.

From there I throw them into Photomatix to get them 'near' the look i want. Then I put the composite into Photoshop and photochop the hell out of them. Mainly to accentuate certain parts and/or take some emphasis off other areas.

I'm using CS3. I've heard that CS4 is a bit buggy, so i never switched to that one. Right now CS3 is working nice for me. They're about to come out with CS5, i might give that one a spin once it does.

Comment

ok, just checked out that pentax k7 and i'm completely envious of it. Have you played with it much? How's the video?

Comment

haha yea, i read alot about cameras and than saw the k7 on sale and jumped on it immediately -- seems the price is about the same (maybe slightly more) than what I spent on it during the sale right now

I read the manual once through, and read about 1/2 of a user guide book i bought (much clearer than the actual manual) -- i havent been able to read about it or play with it the past 3 weeks as I have barely had over 1hour to sit down and think/breath without having something to do ...

and sadly, I have 1 free weekend before my wedding in late may, and thats the weekend of the bacheloar/bachelorette parties, lol. but my weekdays should be slowing down a good bit now

video seems pretty sweet, for a SLR camera ; havent had too much to do with that cos I only have an old cruddy 512mb sd card -- hoping to get two 8GB class 10 sandisks for gifts so I can record the wedding and have tons of fun in hawaii =)

my favorite part of all is the durable weatherproof construction; Im a mans man, and I am def glad I went with pentax over nikon/canon as they seem to have plastic shells and not much weather proofing (while pentax seems to be going all weather proof with new releases i think form what i read up on their site/forums)

other than that, the picture quality is like 5000x better than my fiancees old nikon coolpix pocket point n shoot, and it isn't hot pink lol
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 03-27-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

hdr pics

Comment

Working...
                              X