browndustins slowly getting there with CONTROLLED LABS GM, PW, GG and WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poo...

Well, my camping trip was cut a little bit short. Woke up after a 7-8 hour sleep, I wanted to sleep in longer but my ex would kill me.

Got to the campsite, set things up, went grocery shopping and ran my debit card up over $200. Didn't have milk in the morning so I skipped my protein shake, FORGOT my protein at home and got heat stroke..... blahhh... a friend came later to drop it off but I kept slipping in and out of a nausea spell.

Nausea.... the bane of my existance..... my whole childhood I was plagued with migraines and nausea... I had it today. Felt good, and then felt like crap too many times over... I came home lol. I feel great now. Sipping on some Purple Wraath and I'm still amazed at how much of a marvel this is. It's a lot better than any bulk BCAAs I've ever had. Just need a lifetime supply and I'd be set.

I feel kind of bad for leaving everyone. I'll be there tomorrow to bring a few things home and chill for a while. But I can do my backworkout at the "good" gym at least. They're jetting on Monday morning so I'll raid the cooler and help pack some junk. They're still having fun and my brother's cool with it.

Thought about lots of stuff today. Although my diet today is at 1/8th of where it should be, I'm amped for my workout tomorrow. Must go light on the lower back, but will focus on rows to add more mass. I think I'm obsessed. Just wanted to swing by and thank everyone for all the support again. I'll be sure to rest and post an update tomorrow....

BTW, I am sober in case anyone's wondering. I know this is a random post, more venting if anything. Not like I don't ramble enough... I can put warnings up whenever I rant so you can skip my bullshit lol. I'm actually swept away by feelings of euphoria, optimism and positivity. Although I've done nothing but walk today, I'm thinking of grabbing my ipod and getting lost somewhere deep in though. Peace out CL forum. Have a good night.

Comment

Are you sure you got heat stroke?

What is heat stroke?
      Heat stroke is the most severe form of heat illness and is a life-threatening emergency. It is the result of long, extreme exposure to the sun, in which a person does not sweat enough to lower body temperature. The elderly, infants, persons who work outdoors and those on certain types of medications are most susceptible to heat stroke. It is a condition that develops rapidly and requires immediate medical treatment.

What causes heat stroke?
      Our bodies produce a tremendous amount of internal heat and we normally cool ourselves by sweating and radiating heat through the skin. However, in certain circumstances, such as extreme heat, high humidity or vigorous activity in the hot sun, this cooling system may begin to fail, allowing heat to build up to dangerous levels.

If a person becomes dehydrated and can not sweat enough to cool their body, their internal temperature may rise to dangerously high levels, causing heat stroke.

What are the symptoms of heat stroke?
      The following are the most common symptoms of heat stroke, although each individual may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:

headache
      dizziness
      disorientation, agitation or confusion
      sluggishness or fatigue
      seizure
      hot, dry skin that is flushed but not sweaty
      a high body temperature
      loss of consciousness
      rapid heart beat
      hallucinations
      How is heat stroke treated?
      It is important for the person to be treated immediately as heat stroke can cause permanent damage or death. There are some immediate first aid measures you can take while waiting for help to arrive.

Get the person indoors.
      Remove clothing and gently apply cool water to the skin followed by fanning to stimulate sweating.
      Apply ice packs to the groin and armpits.
      Have the person lie down in a cool area with their feet slightly elevated
      Intravenous fluids are often necessary to compensate for fluid or electrolyte loss. Bed rest is generally advised and body temperature may fluctuate abnormally for weeks after heat stroke.

Comment

Sounds more like heat exhaution and you should not workout for a few days, rehydrate and maybe even seek medical attention.

Sorry about the bad trip, relax and get better.

Comment

hope you're feeling better dude!! Get some frkn rest!

Comment

Yeah, maybe it wasn't all out heat stroke, but definitely exhausted as shit. It's happened in the past and I've almost had to go to the hospital for treatment. Thankfully my mom is an awesome nurse and helped me get the right nutrients into my body.

I've always been pretty cognizant of how my biology works. I know how to concoct glucose/electolyte replenishing drinks and get myself to the point where all the "tracers" (mild open eye visuals) will stop and I can relax. I layed in the river for a while and that brought me right back.... but it was just a long, evil day.

I was so exhausted. Ate some chicken in the morning, brought PW and half a scoop of GM as it was an off day and my ex wouldn't let me eat for a long time. That god damn bitch... she's so controlling. SHE wanted to cook... she took her sweet time and ended up making HOTDOGS and potatoe salad from a friggen bucket, despite the gourmet items we purchased at a specialty market in town. Not keeping my diet on track, being frustrated and hot and letting things slide is what lead to the extreme exhausting. Her and my little brother wouldn't let me sleep because I was apparently being a downer. I'm sorry for being selfish, but my I know my body inside and out and it's high maintenence. It's not a low performance vessel for 99% of the population, it is my temple. From now on I will treat it as such, despite if anyone thinks that I'm being selfish. That's bodybuilding I suppose.

Today I am feeling absolutely wonderful. I managed to come home and eat, even though I indulged in some sweets. Slept wonderfully and planning on keeping my diet in check, and OUT of the sun. It's in the mid to high 30s today, and the humidity is deadly. While I truly appreciate your concern, ddawg, I think you're right and I might have been over-exaggerating. Nevertheless, I felt nothing short of horrible. If my diet today is spot on and I honestly think I'm good, I would not mind going into the gym and swelling my back. I'm addicted to the pump, but won't go heavy enough as to hurt myself or put my body in any sort of danger. Thanks again for the concern. I can't wait to bounce back and give it 110%.

Comment

Your dedication is outstanding bro, you'll bounce back better than ever FO SURE!

SCT
              Back to the basics!

Comment

Thank you, sir.

I know what you mean about dedication… I had REALLY wanted to go to the gym yesterday, but realized that time off would be the most appropriate route to take. Just about killed me, but TODAY I am 100% and I plan on killing it in the gym.

P.S. All of the logs are looking great, guys and girls! Been keeping track of them as best I can and everyone’s got great looking logs and lots of progress. Keep it up, everyone. Will try to swing by the other logs to give props and whatnot.

Comment

Glad to see you're feeling better man. Exhaustion from the heat and sun are killer... it's crazy how easily it can totally wipe you out! And good on you for realizing rest is important right now, sometimes it's tough to hold back like that. Dedication is one thing, but obviously you've got SMART dedication!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

*** Back Day ***

Wow, it's really, REALLY hot in Nanaimo right now. You know that picture I posted of the lake I run around? Well if you go about a kilometer away from where that pic was snapped, there was a small forest fire. Pretty damn sketchy. When I came home I realized it's probably between 5-10km away and there were mad helicopters hitting up the lake and dumping water on it. Kind of an earie thought that some jackass could ruin my live just by carelessly flicking a ciggarette butt somewhere.

On to my workout..

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water
                    1 scoop GM in 500ml water
                    2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG near beginning of workout
                    1 scoop PW in 500ml water
                    2L water (including PW, excluding post workout protein)

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups - Lat Pull Downs all the way, all the time. Most confident stretch and warm up exercize.
                    T-Bar Rows- 4 sets. Don't usually do these
                    6x3 plates
                    6x3 plates
                    4x4 plates (getting too heavy)
                    6x3 plates for good measure

Lat Pull Downs - 4 strong sets
                    6x140lbs
                    6x150lbs
                    3x160lbs, pause
                    3x160lbs

Seated Cable Rows - 4 strong sets
                    10x140lbs
                    10x150lbs
                    5x160lbs, pause
                    5x160lbs

Almost forgot to mention that I did some abdominal work. I did other back work like Romanian Deadlifts to work blood flow (very important, ime) but those aren't counted as "work sets".

Yeouch!! My hands are sore! Praying that I don't get blisters, but it's shoulders tomorrow and then an OFF day. I didn't go quite as heavy or quite as long because of this intense heat wave. It's just too hot. This took me two hours!!

Not too sure what I'm going to do. I'd honestly say today was a 9/10 workout because of the quality reps that were performed, but my motivation was around 7/10 or 8/10 to be honest. My friend kept talking to me as well so I think next time I need to politely tell him to shut up lol. Need to get in the zone again.

I'm sure that shoulders will be a good day. Once again, my split has shifted a little but that's okay. I have things planned out. Been adding up all my macros and tweaking my diet a little bit... making some graphs in Microsoft Excel too, so maybe I'll post them when I'm done. I'm currently forcing myself to eat, and stressing because my days are so pressed.

PEEEEEEAAAACE OUT nuckas. I gotta go eat and take a rest!

Comment

goodstuff brownie! I love your log!

Comment

*** Shoulder Day *** A love/hate relationship

Today's shoulder workout was like hot make-up sex. Yes, you heard it. I had probably one of the most satisfying shoulder workouts I've ever had. Yippy!!!! I'd settle for a 9/10, but this was by all means a solid 10/10 workout. The only thing that could have gone better would be unrealistic variations that would otherwise NOT be noticable. *lights a ciggarette and coughs*

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops GG around 30-40 minutes prior (*new variation)

During workout:

2L water (including PW, excluding post workout protein)

Post Workout:

**Warm ups - Side DB Laterals - Crikey, I think my right shoulder might pull some BS today!! Kind of sketching,
                        Side DB Laterals- 4 strong work sets 10x25lbs
                        8x30lbs
                        6x35lbs
                        6x35lbs

Rear Delt Flies (On Pec Dec Machine) - 2 strict sets
                        10x125lbs
                        10x125lbs

Seated DB Presses - 4 strong sets
                        6x55lbs
                        6x60lbs
                        6x65lbs
                        6x70lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

One Arm Lateral Raises - 2 sets per arm
                        6x25lbs
                        6x25lbs

Front Delt Raises - 2 sets alternating
                        10x25lbs
                        10x25lbs

DB Shrugs - 3 sets - two sets at the side, one set in the front
                        10x70lbs
                        10x70lbs
                        10x70lbs

Wow. What a great workout. I added some supplementary exercises like the Front DB Raises, One Arm Laterals to hit the rear delts, threw up 6 clean DB Presses with no assistance and went up strong with my DB Shrugs!! I thought I would have had a shitty workout but it was the complete opposite.

I liked how I was able to switch things up today and feel 100% on every rep! My first rep with the 70lbs wasn't ideal because I had to carry them all the way across the gym, but they were strong and I can honestly say that with a spot, they could be picture perfect. I expect to press the 80lbs by myself at the end of this log at 6 reps.

I had an EXCELLENT mind-muscle connection today. I switched the beats to some Rock music from the late 80's to early 90's, got a big rush of nostalgia and blasted through everything. No friends were there to bug me so I kept my eyes fastened on the clock and had such a good pace. Today was picture perfect in my eyes. Even managed to get in a really nice stretch after and leave the gym in record setting time. I could get used to this.

Just a little bit of inspiration for everyone

Comment

*** Arm Day *** OMG…

Arm Day started off a little slow. I was warming up and thought it was going to be one of those days where you just try not to slip behind… I don’t know what came over me, but I started tearing it up like crazy. I was so incredibly full and vascular. I couldn’t help but notice some old lions at the gym watching me today. Got “the nod” from a lot of dudes which made me feel great. I felt like I should have taken pictures

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops GG around 30-40 minutes prior

During workout:

2.25L water (including PW, excluding post workout protein)

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Did a little bit of everything. My arm day isn’t very “structured”. I go by instinct and a few key movements.
                          Supinated DB Curls- 4 work sets
                          12x25lbs
                          10x30lbs
                          8x35lbs
                          8x40lbs

Hammer Curls - 2 strict sets, alternating
                          8x50lbs (PR!)
                          8x50lbs (PR!)

Freestanding DB Concentration Curls – 4 furious sets per arm
                          *Last two reps assisted
                          10x25lbs
                          8x30lbs
                          *6x35lbs (PR!?)
                          *6x35lbs (PR!?)

Seated DB French Presses (or whatever) – 4 extremely strict sets
                          12x70lbs
                          10x80lbs (PR!)
                          8x90lbs (PR!)
                          6x100lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Closegrip Bench Press – Very close hands + dropsets
                          Dropset with 135lbs
                          Dropset with 135lbs (EXHAUSTED!!!)

Tricep Rope Pushdowns – 2 sets just ‘cause
                          6x140lbs
                          6x140lbs

Wow, what a great arm workout!!!

I actually did my workout starting with the Standing Supinated Curls, Hammer Curls, Seated DB French Presses, Concentration Curls….. wanted to get in a bit of variation and I did just that. I don’t particularly keep track of my weight for arms, but I was shattering old personal records whilst maintaining what I think was PERFECT form.

I noticed that the old lions at the gym stopped to watch me again… we don’t talk much.. just nod. I’ve helped them on heavy shoulder presses and whatnot. One of the old lions is 60 years old and absolutely huge, but his back is out of commission and the younger lion has been training solo. Been helping him get extra reps whenever I see him need it and he always looks thankful (at first he’d stare me down a lot).

It feels good to get some recognition from the second biggest guy at the gym. He gave me a thumbs up when he saw me doing the 90lbs on Incline Bench, and he gave me some pretty good props whenever I squat. Said I should be over the 300lb mark in no time. Felt great

I’m feeling really positive right now. It’s Friday, I’ve had two of the most amazing workouts ever (shoulders and now arms) and I’m just looking forward to moving on. My strength has jumped to a level I never thought I could reach. I never push a weight unless I’m going to dominate it, and the only assisted reps I ever accept would be the first rep and a few forced reps if I think it’s appropriate. I feel very proud of where I’ve gotten in the past year, and I’m delighted to see that my physique is looking so good. I can’t wait to throw down a few poses for you guys. I just wish I had a better camera to show the definition and vascularity I’ve worked so hard for.

It’s going to be Leg Day today, guys. I always get really anxious on Leg Day. I sometimes have a bit of doubt, a bit of optimism and generally mixed feelings. I wouldn’t mind squatting 285lbs again. If I feel really good I would like to try for 295lbs or even break the 300lbs barrier. I always squat down far (not A2G anymore) with just a bit more than a shoulder width. I suppose that if I went more Sumo style, I could easily bust through 300lbs. We’ll just have to wait and see how I feel today after work. Peace out.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                            *** Arm Day *** OMG…

Arm Day started off a little slow. I was warming up and thought it was going to be one of those days where you just try not to slip behind… I don’t know what came over me, but I started tearing it up like crazy. I was so incredibly full and vascular. I couldn’t help but notice some old lions at the gym watching me today. Got “the nod” from a lot of dudes which made me feel great. I felt like I should have taken pictures

Pre Workout Supplements:

During workout:

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Did a little bit of everything. My arm day isn’t very “structured”. I go by instinct and a few key movements.
                            12x25lbs
                            10x30lbs
                            8x35lbs
                            8x40lbs

8x50lbs (PR!)
                            8x50lbs (PR!)

*Last two reps assisted
                            10x25lbs
                            8x30lbs
                            *6x35lbs (PR!?)
                            *6x35lbs (PR!?)

12x70lbs
                            10x80lbs (PR!)
                            8x90lbs (PR!)
                            6x100lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Dropset with 135lbs

6x140lbs
                            6x140lbs

I actually did my workout starting with the Standing Supinated Curls, Hammer Curls, Seated DB French Presses, Concentration Curls….. wanted to get in a bit of variation and I did just that. I don’t particularly keep track of my weight for arms, but I was shattering old personal records whilst maintaining what I think was PERFECT form.

I noticed that the old lions at the gym stopped to watch me again… we don’t talk much.. just nod. I’ve helped them on heavy shoulder presses and whatnot. One of the old lions is 60 years old and absolutely huge, but his back is out of commission and the younger lion has been training solo. Been helping him get extra reps whenever I see him need it and he always looks thankful (at first he’d stare me down a lot).

It feels good to get some recognition from the second biggest guy at the gym. He gave me a thumbs up when he saw me doing the 90lbs on Incline Bench, and he gave me some pretty good props whenever I squat. Said I should be over the 300lb mark in no time. Felt great

I’m feeling really positive right now. It’s Friday, I’ve had two of the most amazing workouts ever (shoulders and now arms) and I’m just looking forward to moving on. My strength has jumped to a level I never thought I could reach. I never push a weight unless I’m going to dominate it, and the only assisted reps I ever accept would be the first rep and a few forced reps if I think it’s appropriate. I feel very proud of where I’ve gotten in the past year, and I’m delighted to see that my physique is looking so good. I can’t wait to throw down a few poses for you guys. I just wish I had a better camera to show the definition and vascularity I’ve worked so hard for.

It’s going to be Leg Day today, guys. I always get really anxious on Leg Day. I sometimes have a bit of doubt, a bit of optimism and generally mixed feelings. I wouldn’t mind squatting 285lbs again. If I feel really good I would like to try for 295lbs or even break the 300lbs barrier. I always squat down far (not A2G anymore) with just a bit more than a shoulder width. I suppose that if I went more Sumo style, I could easily bust through 300lbs. We’ll just have to wait and see how I feel today after work. Peace out.
                            Damn, talk about PR day! Congrats man keep up the great work. Its nice to get the recognition we deserve especially from the guys that have been there the longest and are the biggest.

Comment

BTW, I am sober in case anyone's wondering....

Comment

*** Arm Day *** OMG…

Pre Workout Supplements:

During workout:

Post Workout:

12x25lbs
                                10x30lbs
                                8x35lbs
                                8x40lbs

8x50lbs (PR!)
                                8x50lbs (PR!)

*Last two reps assisted
                                10x25lbs
                                8x30lbs
                                *6x35lbs (PR!?)
                                *6x35lbs (PR!?)

12x70lbs
                                10x80lbs (PR!)
                                8x90lbs (PR!)
                                6x100lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Dropset with 135lbs

6x140lbs
                                6x140lbs

Awesome !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X