Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by browndustin
    *** BOOBS ***

Started off with a nervous drive to the gym. Went pretty fast through an intersection but I was passed the point of no return and I’m a very safe driver. Saw a cop and he followed me pretty closely, so I kept second guessing my judgment and really tweaked before getting to the gym. But to my delight, GIRLS VOLLEYBALL HAS STARTED

Had a great workout. I always workout good when cute girls are around. New goals would be to flirt like mad, hope that some come workout after and DEFINITELY talk to them. It’s been so long since I’ve had to lay the mack!

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop GM in 500ml water
    2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG
    1 scoop of PW in 1L of water
    1L of water (making 2L total)

Post Workout:

2 servings AI WPI Protein + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Flat Bench Press – 20 reps with bar, 8 reps with 135lbs for two sets
    Flat Bench Press- 5 work sets
    8x175lbs
    3x205lbs* FAILED!!! WTF~!!
    5x175lbs
    5x195lbs
    135lbs to failure…. Grrr!! My nerves were getting to me (kept thinking about that cop)

Incline DB Press- 2 work sets
    6x80lbs
    5x80lbs* Hit failure again!!! I got the last rep up (6th) nearly all the way but did not lock it.
    6x80lbs… very strong. Had a spot but didn’t need a lift off or assistance with the last rep
    The spot kept telling me that I could have gotten more.. I could have. Probably 7 or 8 but again, my workouts are much more compressed and the less rest time feels like it’s more positive than negative. I’m very satisfied with the ease of the last set. First and second were far too close.. almost immediate actually.

Dips- 3 deep work sets (found a belt!)
    8xBW+45lbs
    8xBW+45lbs
    8xBW+45lbs
    (Technically these are all PR’s baby. Never did this before )

Incline DB Flies- 4 strong work sets
    10x35lbs
    10x35lbs
    8x40lbs
    8x40lbs

All righty. This wasn’t so bad. I wish that I would have done more on the Flat Bench but some people were using it and that caused me to walk around and stretch/warm up more than usual… I was kind of messed up from the cop tailing me to the gym as well. I’ve only had one speeding ticket (on June 6, 2006 at 6 after 6 in the morning!!!!), but the new, stupid laws in BC mean that my license will get suspended for 3 months with only one more offense. FTW!

I know that I failed on my second set of Incline DB Presses, but they were so freaking strong. I wanted that last rep so bad but I just could do it. DB came down on my right shoulder and I slowly dropped the left one. Just couldn’t blast that last one and my buddy was standing right there (that bitch). But after that, I felt great. The weight belt was an awesome score…. Never knew the gym had it! Weighted dips and pull ups are an option now, baby. I’m stoked.

Stretched good after, so I’m stoked. Weight is constant, despite some fluctuations lately. And while I haven’t gained much since I’ve started my log, there’s a lot less water it seems and adipose tissue ain’t really a problem. I’m at a weight plateau, but my strength has definitely not faltered, it’s only gone up. Next stack will be logged, whatever it turns out to be, and my goal will be to gain 10lbs of lean mass with my new strength.

BACK TODAY! Hope there’s some sexy young woman at the gym to encourage me to rep it hard. Going to stop being a wuss and gonna start demanding numbers and email addresses, bitches! Wish me luck.

PS. GOT MY CONTROLLED LABS TEE!!! TANK, THESE THINGS ARE WICKED!!!! GONNA THROW IT IN THE WASH AND SNAP SOME PICS FOR MY BODYSPACE OR SOMETHING. SUCH A SICK SHIRT. ALL MY FRIENDS THOUGHT IT WAS THE SICKEST
    Besides the cop sounds like a pretty motivating workout! I'm stoked to go now! Ahh spankies!

Comment

• Hehehe, I wanted to take longer breaks in between sets, that’s for sure

We have an eagle-eye view of the gymnasium from the gym… so all the guys congregate in between sets and take too much time peeking at the ladies. lol. It’s a pretty funny sight. Everyone works out with a big smile when girls volleyball’s on. Especially when the girls shoot smiles back and come up to pump some iron.

If only work would end sooner. I wanna hit up the gym, dammit!! More spankies!

Comment

• *** Back Day *** Best. Workout. EVAR!

Holy SHIT. I think that this was the most perfect gym session I’ve ever had. The only thing that didn’t go absolutely perfect was volleyball. To my dismay, the lovely females depart at 4pm. That’s about the time when I get home from work and I will sadly be missing their presence. Fortunately a few cuties decided to stick around, but none got to feel the wrath of Dustin’s MACK!!!! (Le Tear)

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops of GG
        1 scoop of PW in 1L of water
        1L of water (this went quickly)

Post Workout:

2 servings AI WPI Protein + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water
        Started drinking this as I was cooling down

**Warm ups – Lat Pull Downs, light stretching and Conventional Deadlifts and Partial Deadlifts
        Partial Deadlifts- 5 work sets, only strapped on the last set
        6x225lbs
        6x225lbs
        3x315lbs
        3x315lbs
        3x335lbs!!!!!!!! (PR!!!!!!!!!)

One Arm DB Rows- 3 beastly sets, no straps
        6x100lbs
        6x100lbs
        6x100lbs

Wide-Grip Pull Ups- 3 work sets
        6xBW
        6xBW
        6xBW

Seated Rows (With V-Grip Attachment)- 3 work sets
        6x170lbs
        6x170lbs
        6x170lbs

Romanian Deadlifts- 3 sets to get the blood flowing
        8x35lbs
        8x35lbs
        8x35lbs

WAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Oh my god! I can’t believe I pulled 335lbs from the pins (set below the knees, btw). HUGE! I was just gonna go for a 1RM but when I brought the weight back to the pins and took a huge breath, I held it, exploded, exhaled and repped out another two. Been reading about Deadlifts and I think my form’s getting great. Could probably rip these off the ground but it’s far too physically demanding and there’s only so much ATP and glycogen, especially considering I don’t have pre workout shakes due to the nausea.

Romanian Deadlifts, baby I love these. I usually do them at the end of my back workouts but I’ve just never listed them as work set. I do them because of the huge full body pump they give you. I was CRAZY vascular during my session. I thought I had taken WB but I remembered that I haven’t had any in a month, lol. I guess that’s what heavy compounds do to ya. Yeah, I was stoked. Really couldn’t be happier. Even my post workout shake seems to taste better, and the ride home from the gym was delightful.

Well, the gym should be open on weekends soon. I’m pretty sure this weekend it’ll be open. So I can workout without having to go to another shitty gym or staggering my workouts so I can get a certain day off. I’m so happy. Today’s an Off day though. Gonna get some jazz done around town, do a little cardio and take it easy. Got some friends that I need to brag to as well!

Comment

• You would make an excellent horse racing commentator :P
          Good work on the Prs! Things are looking bright

Comment

• Thank you for the comments. Yes, I do like to go on tangents. lol. But although there's a lot of meaningless drivel (which I apologize for), I really want to go over this log once I'm done for personal purposes, see where I'm at mentally and physically. Next log will be detailed, but with LESS bunk.

Taking a day off work today. Why? Cause my ass slept in.... I need to shower and all that, and I don't want to be like an hour late so I called in sick. Only got the answering machine so I called a friend and told him to inform my sup. I had allergies so I'm just gonna say that I thought a cold was coming on and I'm taking it easy.... heh heh.

Gonna finish my morning shake right now, do about 20 mins of cardio, eat hella, work out Arms and get there as soon as girl's volleyball is setting up. Hell yeah. Hoping to get a number or two. I've got nothing to lose. Wish me luck lol

Comment

• *** CARDIZZLEEEE-DIZZLE ***

Hell yeah. Great cardio session today. Cutting it a little close though. Going to be training early as per hooky from work and spankies at the gym!!!!!!!!!!

Pre Cardio Supplements: 1.5 scoops of PW in 1L water, no GM as per weight lifting session later
              During Cardio: Purple Wraath!
              Post Cardio: Eggs and oats... after I'm done my post
              Music: Linkin Park - Faint, Notorious BIG - 1970 Somethin'
              Time: 30 mins (not including 5 minutes warm up and cool down)
              Terrain: Earth, cement, dirt, gravel

Had an awesome cardio session. Felt really good. Like I said earlier, I woke up late and had such a trippy dream. Didn't want to go to work an hour late so I called in sick. I have my full paid vacation (two weeks) and 4 paid days off but I can't, but because it's all booked until late November, I can't take a day off. It's bull, lol. But oh well about the pay. I'll just clean my car, try to get some phone numbers, RIP THROUGH THE GYM, HIGH ON PURPLE WRAATH and make it all worth-while.

Comment

• Oh man these updates are awesome

Comment

• lol

Thanks man!

Sad thing though... I opened the fridge to cook up a half dozen eggs or so..... NO EGGS!! Only two "rooster" eggs. They're huge, farm fresh........ fricken, weird ass eggs. I was too scared to eat them so I just nuked a bowl of Alphaghetti (pasta shit) and ate it with an english muffin.

Finishing off a shake with milk and oats to make sure I'm primed, gonna drink my GM, top off my water bottle with some PW and hit up the gym soon.

My ass had better hurry if I wanna see some spankies. Eeek. Gotta run! Will be back with an update sooner or later.

Comment

• *** Arm Day ***

Ah man, no numbers. I failed!

I guess they were doing some Volleyball Camp today because while the university/college team was there, they were coaching some younguns.. Too young, as well. Ah shucks. Still scoped out some nice booties but never had the opportunity to talk to hunnies. The good thing is that school's starting soon and lots of new peeps were at the gym. I feel so full and pumped from GM, I have a lot more confidence too *cough*ego*cough*

This will be sweet

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 service AI WPI, 1/3rd cup oats and 500ml of 1% milk
                    No GG (too lazy)

During workout:

2 scoops GG near beginning of workout
                    1.5 scoops of PW... kept refilling, but drank 2L of water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protein + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Various Bicep Curls and Tricep Extensions
                    Barbell Curls- 4 light work sets
                    12x50lbs
                    12x50lbs
                    12x50lbs

Seated DB Pull Overs- 3 work sets
                    10x80lbs
                    10x80lbs
                    10x80lbs

Alternating Hammer Curls- 4 work sets
                    12x40lbs
                    10x45lbs
                    8x50lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)
                    8x50lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Seated One-Arm Tricep Extensions- 4 work sets per arm
                    10x30lbs
                    10x30lbs
                    8x30lbs
                    8x30lbs

Alternating Supinated DB Curls- 4 strict work sets
                    12x40lbs
                    10x45lbs
                    10x45lbs
                    8x50lbs (PR? Meh, who cares. Felt great though!)

Rope Pushdowns- 4 work sets
                    10x100lbs
                    10x100lbs
                    10x100lbs
                    10x100lbs

Freestanding Concentration Curls- 4 work sets
                    10x25lbs
                    10x25lbs
                    *5x25lbs
                    *5x25lbs

*Denotes Static Contraction for 3 seconds

Wicked. I got my cardio done, I've got my arms done. I'm spent. What a day. I was feeling that a little more volume was necessary for today, and I'm trying to rip my biceps open with the maddest pump. I've got a small stretch mark on my left bi and my right one's about to pop too. Wanted to really blast my arms and pump them up, and I did just that.

As always with arm day, I went by instinct. And I'm feelin it. My arms are at a bit of a stalemate, but I'm doing what I can to grow them. Heavy compounds on Back and Chest day, and higher volume on Arm days. I think they're about ready to burst out of their shell soon. I'll give them another month or so and I think they'll start sprouting again. Biology and human anatomy is just crazy.

Comment

• WICKEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s a new gym in town, just on the out-skirts and it’s the GRAND OPENING TODAY!!

Gonna go home, wash my Controlled Labs shirt and mosey on down. Apparently the first 100 people to sign up are going to get memberships for $25 per month… my brother said a two year commitment’s required, but a close friend of the owner said it will be for one year. Nevertheless, I am assuming that he’s both stoked and relieved to be opening up this monster. And I can’t wait to go check it out too!

Apparently there’s going to be all new equipment as well. If that’s true, I’m crossing my fingers for some hammer strength machines, better equipment for legs like a hack squat machine, good leg press, lots of power racks and benches, etc. I’m really stoked

The guy who’s opening it works at GNC and he’s always been a nice guy. Seems to have a passion for bodybuilding and I can’t wait to talk to him some more. If he’s slingin supplements, I’ll be sure to make sure he gets some Controlled Labs steeze up in thurrr.

Too bad I’m only working out my shoulders today.

Comment

• *** Shoulder Day *** Lookin huge

Wow. I was blown away. I had the most intense shoulder workout. MMC was crazy, vascularity was nuts and I am taking FAR less time in between sets. About 30 seconds between sets and taking a piss between exercises. I feel great.

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops of GG

During workout:

1 scoop PW in 1L water
                        2 scoops of GG
                        1L of water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 30g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – DB Laterals
                        DB Laterals- 6 work sets
                        10x25lbs
                        10x25lbs
                        8x30lbs
                        8x30lbs
                        6x35lbs
                        6x35lbs

Seated DB Presses- 3 work sets
                        6x70lbs
                        6x70lbs
                        8x60lbs

Bent Over Laterals- 2 work sets per arm
                        8x25lbs
                        8x25lbs

Rear Delt Flies- 2 work sets
                        10x125lbs
                        10x125lbs

Upright BB Rows- 4 work sets
                        8x75lbs
                        8x75lbs
                        8x75lbs
                        8x75lbs

DB Shrugs- 4 work sets, 2 in front, 2 to the side
                        10x80lbs
                        10x80lbs
                        10x80lbs
                        10x80lbs

Wicked. Fuck yeah... toasted my shoulders. I tore through this workout like a wet peice of paper. I'm stoked. Not much else to say. Ripped right through everything. I'm happy.

Comment

• *** Leg Day *** Visited the new gym

Man, the new gym's great!!! It's about 10 minutes away, 15 minutes probably when it rains or gets dark. But it's worth the drive. All the equipment was purchased from Apex, and afaik, there's everything I want and more

The owner is a great guy as well. Very honest. He had his soft launch yesterday but when the manager at GNC called him up and told him to let me workout for free (just to throw in the good word for me. he would have done that anyways probably). I hit it off great with him. He actually works at GNC as well and I've talked to him lots. I actually signed up for a two year membership for $25 a month. Meh, not a bad deal. I want to support the guy because he's getting off his feet. And I'm sure I'll be at the gym nearly every day

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops of GG

During workout:

1 scoop PW in 1L water
                          2 scoops of GG
                          1L of water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Leg Extensions and Curls
                          Leg Presses- 4 work sets
                          12x270lbs
                          12x270lbs
                          12x270lbs
                          12x270lbs

Hack Squat Machine - 3 work sets
                          10x90lbs
                          10x90lbs
                          10x90lbs
                          (Don't wanna deviate away from my routine too much. Not sure how heavy the carriage is either... fun stuff. Can't wait to go heavy)

Laying Ham Curls- 3 work sets
                          10x90lbs
                          10x90lbs
                          10x90lbs
                          (Same as above. Just excited for new equipment)

Leg Extensions- 3 work sets
                          6x150lbs
                          6x150lbs
                          6x150lbs

Seated Ham Curls- 2 work sets
                          6x150lbs
                          6x150lbs

Standing Calf Raises- 4 work sets
                          10x150lbs
                          10x150lbs
                          10x150lbs
                          10x150lbs

Ah man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This new gym is really sweet. Really clean, completely open, laid out perfectly, good owner. I'm stoked!!! If the rate of pay were $12 (I make about that much at my current job) or more, I'd definitely wanna work there and rep the hell outta the place. I've got a good feeling about this gym. I just hope and pray to God that hotties swarm that gym. The college/university had a lot of people scoping out the gym last night, and I realized there's gonna be a lot more cuties. Dammmmn there was a cutie in the gym last night. I think she's single too. If I'm too burnt to go to the new gym, I'll just show up at the college gym because the people working there don't bother me at all. I never drop off my card, and I could probably keep going there forever for all they care. lol

My legs feel goooooooood, good, good. Lighter leg presses were fine by me because the MMC was there, I finished with a lot of volume, and in about 45 minutes!!! That's a far cry from a 2 hour gym session. I'm really proud of myself for cutting down on the excessive breaks and whatnot. I've got about a week's worth of GM left and without changing anything drastic (I only make minor changes when it's appropriate) I would like to finish very strong. Diet's on check, muscles are looking hard and I feel great. Can't wait to snap up some photos when I'm done the log. I'll talk shots of good poses, and then do a small circuit at home and get pumped for some ego pics.

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE !!!

Comment

• Nice !!!

Comment

• lol i am excited for you too!!!! Can't wait for the photos!!!

Comment

• *** Chest Day *** First chest workout at the new gym

My workout today was bloody awesome. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having. The lighting there is great. I've never seen such striations across my delts. Whew boy, my ego. Never really checked myself out much in the mirrors at my old gym or anything, so that was neat.

Started off twitchy but BLASTED through this workout. I think it might be the best chest workout I've had in quite some time.

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops of GG

During workout:

1.5 scoops of PW in 1L water
                                2 scoops of GG
                                1L of water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Incline DB Press, BB press with bar, Flat BB Press with 135lbs for two sets of 8
                                Bench Press (my arch nemesis)- 6 work sets
                                5x205lbs
                                5x205lbs
                                3x225lbs (Haven't done this in over two months!!!)
                                3x215lbs
                                3x215lbs
                                3x215lbs
                                (I feel fucking huge. I'm getting my Flat Bench back!)

Incline DB Press- 2 work sets
                                6x80lbs
                                6x70lbs

Incline DB Flies- 4 work sets, * denotes Weider rest-pause
                                8x45lbs
                                8x45lbs
                                6x45lbs
                                *2x45lbs
                                6x45lbs
                                *45lbs to exhaustion

DB Pull Overs- 4 work sets
                                6x70lbs
                                6x70lbs
                                6x70lbs
                                5x70lbs

Pec Dec Machine- 4 work sets
                                6x215lbs
                                6x195lbs
                                8x185lbs
                                8x135lbs (POOCHED)

Yeah BUDDAY!!!! I don't count these as work sets but I did some High Pulley Cable Flies to exhausting just to sizzle my chest to WELL-DONE. Whew! Good stuff. I stretched after, very deep and could help but toss out a couple of poses. Wowwwww. What flattering lighting at my new gym lol. I can take pics at home when I'm not pumped, but I wouldn't mind taking a few PUMPED pics at the gym. I'll do both just for the sake of not being bias. Gonna have a big review at BB.com in a couple of days

**Depressing News**

Sad shit went down yesterday. Got a call from my Filipino grandma looking for my mom. My mom was at work and my stepdad was in the washroom showering and shaving (came back from camping) so when my grandma called for a second time shortly after so I asked to take a message........ had a really bad feeling........ my poor little grandma was stuttering so bad I couldn't understand her. But through her sweet, thick Filipino accent she said "Tell Mummy grandpa... her grandpa passed away. My father... thank you, Dust. I love you..."

Bahhhhhhhhhhh Jesus H... my eyes are kinda welling up lol. Some tuff guy I am. *breaaaaattthhheeee* So yeah..... poor soul. My great grandfather must have been over 90 years of age, almost 100 actually. He died in the Philippines and left behind his wife and a huge family. RIP. I felt terrible for my grandma... she's so tiny and sweet. Just needed to get this out. I never really knew him too well, but his blood is running through my veins as I type this little rant. I'm sure he was a good guy too, my family are all doctors in the Philippines and help the sick and poor, the thousands that can't afford medicine or even a simple check up. RIP once more, great grandfather.

Tomorrow will be Back Day. I'll probably end up lifting really heavy... I hope. I don't feel depressed at all right now, just a little sad for my greiving family members. I'll do my best to use this as fuel for the fire. I'm really hyped right now. I'm an emotional guy and I don't care who knows. I'll use this energy to rip through the gym tomorrow. Will post my workout ASAP. Peace out, CL forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X