Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
    okay you don't have to tell me i'm that awesome all the time
    Hehehe, I know you are amazing, but I haven't seen any online personal training services offered by you. :P Plus, the only rave reviews I hear about you are from the ladies..
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Update (another post following)

So, today was a weight day at the gym, I went back cautiously as I've been out for a while from full on lifting due to my shoulder. The weights were WAY down, but I left my ego at the door and focused on form and not hurting myself.

I went with a full body routine just to not kill myself on the first day back.

Leg Curls - 10x130, 10x160, 10x175, 10x190 (my hammies were BLASTED at this point)
      Leg Extensions - 10x130, 10x150, 10x170, 10x180 (after these, I squatted down to get my water bottle and almost got stuck, heh)
      Flat DB Bench - 10x35s, 10x40s, 10x45s, 10x50s (last set felt a little hard on the shoulder, might have to back down on these next time. Again, must leave ego at door)
      Lat Pulldowns - 10x100, 10x130, 10x140, 10x150 (I will not be doing lat pulldowns again until shoulder is healed up completely, that constant tension on the shoulder is too harsh when vertical, will move to barbell rows instead)
      STRICT Barbell Curls (back against wall) 10x45, 10x50, 10x55, 10x55

I skipped triceps because shoulder was feeling a tad tight. No time for cardio due to wife wanting time together. But going to knock out some INSIDE cardio (blistering from saturday's outdoor cardio) tomorrow after work.

SCT
      Back to the basics!

Comment

Exciting News

Starting on Monday I will begin a 12 week program with one of the top personal trainers in the country, Michael Elias. He will be designing a custom diet and training program suited to my needs.

I know that I am more than capable of designing my own training and diet, but I hope to learn even more from Michael. Michael is a WNSO natural bodybuilder and a member of TEAM ALRI along with his BEAUTIFUL wife Kendra Elias, who happens to be an IFBB Pro Fitness Competitor.

I feel that this pairing with them will help me to learn even more about nutrition and training, which will in turn allow me to only better help the Controlled Labs forum members. This is an exciting time..

time for..

Back to the basics!

Comment

thats awesome man
          Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

oh ya that guy lol knew his name from pure energy's links for bulk/cuts

awesome to hear! || blast dat fat barrier

Comment

Today's Menu

Since I KNOW that Michael won't have me on a ketosis diet, I am trying to just streamline things until Monday when I start with him.

Today's Menu:

M1 - 1 cup skim
              1/2 cup oats
              1 scoop ON Whey

Snack - 1/4 cup almonds

Lunch - 1/2lb Ground Turkey
              1/2 cup Brown Rice
              2 TBSP Taco Sauce
              1 Slice Cheese

Snack - 1 cup Multigrain Cheerios
              1/2 cup skim

Supper - 1/2lb Ground Turkey
              1/2 cup Brown Rice
              2 TBSP Taco Sauce
              1 Slice Cheese

Post Workout - 2 Scoops Whey

Pre-Bed - 2 scoops Casein Protein
              2 TBSP Peanut Butter

I'm going to go shopping after work and try to pick up some veggies to throw in there, my produce section of the fridge was barren this morning!

SCT

- After work cardio today
              Back to the basics!

Comment

there is no TRY-Yoda

You WILL pick up those vegetables especially the cruciferous kinds! they will help you so much STC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas68
                  there is no TRY-Yoda

You WILL pick up those vegetables especially the cruciferous kinds! they will help you so much STC!!!
                  I hate the veggies.. HATE them..
                  Back to the basics!

Comment

The Variety Show

Today was cardio only at the gym. My gym has recently added a new satellite location RIGHT BY MY HOUSE. This is awesome for me, as they keep the same hours as the main gym. I went by there tonight to do some cardio, and I had the place to myself. Well, me plus the HOT girl working the desk.

Cardio:

Warmup:
                    5 minute brisk warmup walk (3.5mph)

H.I.I.T:
                    15 minutes Running/Walking Intervals

I had to work my way up to full on runs. My first run interval was at 5.5mph, then 6, then 7, then 7.5. At 7.5 I began POURING sweat and getting the lovely 'sideaches' I get when my breathing gets out of sync. So that is going to be my 'top speed' for running over the next few months. I'm going to work on increasing endurance before increasing speed.

Cooldown:
                    10 minutes Elliptical, Resistance 9

Postcardio Stretching.

The girl who was working the desk also happens to be one of the sales agents for the gym, so I was joking around and asked her if she could discount my membership any (which was a total joke considering I pay less than any other member already).. she smiled and then told me she'd knock it down another $10 a month. So I am now paying $20 a month for a COUPLES membership at the best gym in town.. gotta love it.

All in all a GREAT day. Off to cook tomorrow's meals and then contemplate veggies.. heh.

SCT
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

20bucks a month?! for 2 people
                      I am officially paying 8 times more

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                        20bucks a month?! for 2 people
                        I am officially paying 8 times more
                        Well, you can always come use my wife's membership.. they've never seen her at the gym so you could say you are her... muwhahaha.
                        Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                          Well, you can always come use my wife's membership.. they've never seen her at the gym so you could say you are her... muwhahaha.

I ain't falling into that trap you sneaky one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe

I ain't falling into that trap you sneaky one!!!
                            Damn, we don't have an angel/halo icon.. oh well, we all know I'm really the anyways.
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                              Damn, we don't have an angel/halo icon.. oh well, we all know I'm really the anyways.

wouldn't you wanna test drive the ride first before claimin' it yours?
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Help Me!

This is an update for both Sunday and Monday as I've been prepping for my new log lately.

Saturday was a 'free day' before my 12 weeks of Team Torture, but Sunday and today are spot on diet days

I should be starting Team Torture tomorrow morning, so be prepared for 12 weeks of kickass logging! I might be starting a new log, but I'm not entirely sure yet. More on that below.

Originally posted by WORKOUT

Sunday - Hard cardio
                                5 minute warmup walk @ 4.0mph
                                10 minutes walking/Running intervals (1 min walk, 1 min run)
                                20 minutes Elliptical, Resis 10, dual hills
                                5 minutes cooldown walk

Monday - 5AM CARDIO(fasted w/ bcaas)
                                20 minutes Elliptical, Resis 10, dual hills
                                10 minutes Elliptical, Resis 11, trip hills
                                5 minute cooldown treadmill walk @3.0mph

So I need some advice on logging stuff, PLEASE respond.

1) How often would you like to see update pictures? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?
                                2) Do you prefer charts/graphs or simple text for workout logs?
                                3) Do you prefer to see detailed diet breakdowns or just the total cals/macros?

SCT
                                Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                                X