GM+WF before workout, holy bloating batman, PW during tastes so nasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM+WF before workout, holy bloating batman, PW during tastes so nasty

Hey all... So here's my long-winded story... I've found a lot of good info on here in the past...

Been using Orange Triad for a few months now, no worries, I like it.

For the past couple months have taken 1/2 scoop WF before workout, then 1-1.5 scoops WF and 1 scoop of GM together during my workout because it's easier to take and I love the taste of the two together.

Unfortunately, this way seems to not agree with my stomach (but no bloating)... I'll be sitting on the can for a good amount of time during the night after my workouts...

----

I have a couple sample packets of grape GW that I've wanted to try and I wanted to change up the timing of the WF/GM to try to make it easier on my stomach and try the GW, so yesterday I did this:

GM 1 hour pre with 20oz of water (before my commute home)
    WF 2 scoops 15min pre with 25-35oz water (when I got home from work)

When I got home I had to sit on the can again again... Then took the WF and I was about to walk out my apartment to the gym when the bloating hit me and it hurt like MAD. I had to wait about 20min for it to subside a bit and had to work through the bloating throughout my workout.

I filled up my 64oz bottle with water and the free sample packet of PW and it tasted HORRIBLE. I'm not sure if you have to get use to it, but it was god awful. I stuck through it and drank it for the majority of my workout, but I have to say I had a great workout with all three together.

So a couple questions in the finale...

Is this the normal first reaction to PW? Need less/more water?

Any other suggestions of timing for the GM/WF so it won't kill my stomach?

Thanks all!

mix the gm and white flood together in 20 ounces of water.

let the purple wraath sit in 20 ounces of ice cold water for 15 minutes to dissolve and taste better.

take some carbs with the wf and gm to alleviate any gastric issues.
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

I would split the GM in your scenario:

1/2 scoop pre with small snack
      1/2 scoop post with solid food meal

It also sounds like you have a old version of Purple WRAATH. The new / improved versions have been out for MONTHS and taste outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        I would split the GM in your scenario:

1/2 scoop pre with small snack
        1/2 scoop post with solid food meal
        For the stomach issues?

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        It also sounds like you have a old version of Purple WRAATH. The new / improved versions have been out for MONTHS and taste outstanding.
        Is there anyway I can tell if the sample is an old or new version? I have/had two packets, one was pretty old, and one I just got from bb.com, not sure which I used yesterday, but will use the other one today. Hell even when I opened the packet I wanted to gag from the smell

Comment

I must say that the new formula together tastes f*ckin amazing. I got my sample from bb.com yesterday and went to hit my legs. I mixed with 24 oz. of water with both together. Sipped 5 min pre workout, through workout, and then finished it 15 minutes after my post-workout shake. When I run out of X-Tend and GB I am jumping over to snag the PW/GM stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
            mix the gm and white flood together in 20 ounces of water.

let the purple wraath sit in 20 ounces of ice cold water for 15 minutes to dissolve and taste better.

take some carbs with the wf and gm to alleviate any gastric issues.
            I'll try a bit less water overall with the GM and WF and take with some carbs. I think I'll stick with the splitting of them though and try that out for now. Hopefully the packet of PW I had was just the old version!

Comment

Originally posted by JOakman
              I must say that the new formula together tastes f*ckin amazing. I got my sample from bb.com yesterday and went to hit my legs. I mixed with 24 oz. of water with both together. Sipped 5 min pre workout, through workout, and then finished it 15 minutes after my post-workout shake. When I run out of X-Tend and GB I am jumping over to snag the PW/GM stack.
              Used PW and what together? Kinda forgot the other supplement 24 oz before/during/after your workout? Damn, I near hit a gallon of water just during my workouts...

Comment

Originally posted by finger11
                For the stomach issues?
                Yep

Comment

Today I'm gonna try 1 scoop of GM 1 hour pre w/ only 10-15oz water (already have it in a drinking container and I'm at work) and some carbs, WF with the same oz. right before the gym, and my other PW sample during...

I didn't get the bloating till after I drank the WF yesterday which is odd bc I've never had that problem drinking WF/GM together.

Tomorrow I'll try to divide the GM scoop pre and post and leave my findings.

Comment

When I cycle back on GM and WF i notice some gastric cramping issues as you said. but after 2 or 3 workouts its bearable. for me, timing is key because if i dont space them apart enough I will fill so full of liquid that it makes me feel sick for about 20 minutes until my body absorbs it all.

my timing is this -

4:15 1 scoop GM 10oz

5:00 start sipping slowly on WF 15oz
                    5:15-20 finish WF, head to gym
                    5:40 - arrive at gym, start sipping PW 25oz

if i have nothing in my stomach like on sat and sun mornings, i have to space them further apart, or I will be p$%ing out of my @$$ (sorry for the visual )

i must stress that FOR me, its all about timing. if i time it right, no problems whatsoever

Comment

Ok... so I tried spacing it out, first day still bad bloating, second day no bloating, and it seemed that I had a old version of PW as my sample, the other sample didn't taste as bad. I might go in for a tub of PW I think.

It seems that no matter what I do though when I take these supps + protein, my stomach still can't handle it well and I'm sitting on the can with the most horrid gas all day/night too... it sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by finger11
                        Ok... so I tried spacing it out, first day still bad bloating, second day no bloating, and it seemed that I had a old version of PW as my sample, the other sample didn't taste as bad. I might go in for a tub of PW I think.

It seems that no matter what I do though when I take these supps + protein, my stomach still can't handle it well and I'm sitting on the can with the most horrid gas all day/night too... it sucks!
                        Consume it with a solid carb snack (rice cake / granola bar = perfect) and keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                        X