Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
    Day 5 - Chest

Thoughts: Good workout today, although I was exhausted from work. GFH tasted especially refreshing tonight.

Recovery: Developed some soreness in my ham and quads from the leg workout, but hey, it was leg day. I dont think any supp can help with leg day

Other than that, feeling pretty good.
    Any difference in the shake if its cold or not?

Comment

Originally posted by JOakman
      I find that an Icecube in the shaker cup will make a world of difference with nearly any product. I'm assuming you're referring to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        I find that an Icecube in the shaker cup will make a world of difference with nearly any product. I'm assuming you're referring to taste.
        Correecct

Comment

Originally posted by JOakman

luckily the water at my gym is freakin cold, so i dont really need to worry.

i have tasted it with warmer water, still tastes good, but not nearly as refreshing (thats a given)

Comment

Day 7

Day 7 - Back

Thoughts Back day has been my favorite workout lately, i think mainly because of my supersets of wide grip pull ups and super set of rows. the pump is pretty intense.

it was a good workout though

Recovery deep muscle soreness in my arms and chest from the other day, but it is a good soreness (if such exists)

still feeling pumped and energized. i find that with the GFH i am more hungry before i have my post workout meal than just using whey iso

good stuff. i tricked my GF into trying GFH and she said " o that tasted good, what kind was that?" surprisingly, she always asks me to tasted them ebcause she enjoys them as well.

Comment

Day 7 - Back

Thoughts Back day has been my favorite workout lately, i think mainly because of my supersets of wide grip pull ups and super set of rows. the pump is pretty intense.
              I love when my lats get pumped (it feels like I actually have some lats )

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                I love when my lats get pumped (it feels like I actually have some lats )

exactly. i dont exactly have the widest back, but when they are pumped i feel big for about 1 hr hahaha

Comment

Day 8

Day 8 - Legs/Shoulders

Thoughts So - so workout - i worked an 8-8 today, so i was exhausted. thank god for WF, even with sporadic eating when not busy, WF was enough for me to still kick it in high gear.

i have begun to notice that after consuming GFH, i have a sugary taste in my mouth (similar to being in Keto) that doesnt go away - even when i eat something, it is still there. brushing my teeth only helps for about 15 minutes and then returns. it is always gone in the morning though. i am not complaining however, just stating an observation

Recovery Soreness was gone today that lingered from the other day. a little more fatigued today, but i KNOW that is from work

I am not planning on trying it in this log, but I was thinking about when i purchase my next tub of GFH, trying out this protocol -

GFH
                  1.5 scoops pre workout

15 mins later have 2 scoops White flood

During have 2 scoops PW

post workout 1.5 scoops GFH + 1 scoop green mag

then 45 post workout meal

do you guys think there would be ANY benefit to this? Ive read about people having rice ***** w/White flood workout for some better pumps, but obviously GFH has a better ingredient profile just curious

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                    Agreed, it tastes even better watered down
                    Discovered that too. Now I do two 1 and 1/2 scoops in each shaker.
                    And I do really like the taste.
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                    www.controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Day 9

Day 9 - Chest

Thoughts
                      awesome chest day, (shoulder joint was sore, so hit the chest press machine because its easier on the joint) repping 315 machine and it cant go any higher.

Recovery no soreness from the day before, felt good post workout today - i will be posting measurements tomorrow for a mid-log update

Observation: Just to serve as an FYI, my diet and training has been consistent - for this log, the only addition was GFH. At day 9, i feel my recovery is slightly better - i have been having less muscle soreness/fatigue the following day (which is an improvement from before)
                      Last edited by jaymdubbs; 01-15-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
                        Discovered that too. Now I do two 1 and 1/2 scoops in each shaker.
                        And I do really like the taste.

likewise. although, the other day i experimented with 15 oz water (for shits and giggles) and it still tasted good ( a little strong, but ive grown accustomed to the taste)

Comment

Observation: Just to serve as an FYI, my diet and training has been consistent - for this log, the only addition was GFH. At day 9, i feel my recovery is slightly better - i have been having less muscle soreness/fatigue the following day (which is an improvement from before)
                          Not bad !!

Comment

Day 10

Day 10 - Arms

Measurements - postponed until next workout

Thoughts had a massive pump in the arms today. overall good workout

Recovery still feel great post workouts. ive actually reduced the water used with GFH to avoid an overly bloated feeling (15oz) and it seems to be working fine

Comment

Day 11 & 12

Day 11 - Back

Measurements morning - 184 lbs, 6.6 BF
                              evening - 189 lbs, 10.4

The one strange thing about the tanita scales, the BF adjusts per your "hydration" level

Thoughts lower back pain, skipped stiff legged deadlifts today, did weigthed back extensions instead

Recovery felt good besides the lower back pain (probably from sleep wrong) Usually i can muscle through it, but it was a sharp pain - i was grimacing throughout the entire attempt

Day 12 - Legs/Shoulders

Thoughts decent workout, it wasnt earth shattering, but it def. got the job done

Recovery back felt better from the previous day, lats a little sore. arms a little fatigued as well

Comment

Day 13

Day 13 - Chest

Thoughts Long day at the office day, didnt feel right while lifting, but once i started cardio I was in the zone. lifts havent gone up too much since starting the GFH (but that really hasnt been my goal)

I started FINALLY to play with tempo of my lifts to make them more challenging (as i think my body as adapted to super sets, x reps, drop sets, ultimate sets, etc.)

Recovery still good on recovery, besides the fatigue from work

Comment

Working...
                                X