Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 14 & Day 15

Day 14 Arms

Thoughts: good arm workout, more volume than strength, but very productive nonetheless

Recovery chest a little sore from previous day, felt extremely pumped however

Day 15: Back

Thoughts: supersetted pull ups and bent over rows for a serious back thrashing - played around with tempo too - felt extremely well

Recovery: arms were good, im a little concered about my back though

Comment

Day 16, 17, 18

Sorry for the lack of updates, I moved and was without internet for a couple days - here are a few updates

Day 16 Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts -
      average workout, as the fatigue from work and getting ready to move took its toll on my body

Recovery - arms/back were a little sore from the previous day - became more pronounced throughout the day, but began to subside by evening

Day 17 Chest

Thoughts - sweet pump going today, started with incline to emphasize different part of chest to put up more weight (without fatigue)

Recovery - back was sore from moving, but luckily didnt affect my lifts - overall recovery is still great

Day 18 Arms

Thoughts -
      slight pain in both shoulders, but nothing crazy - still put up some good numbers

Recovery -
      deep soreness in chest, went away as the day progressed

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
        exactly. i dont exactly have the widest back, but when they are pumped i feel big for about 1 hr hahaha

it's all in your head.. im sure if you think about it (really think about it) you are bigger/stronger/leaner whatever than most people you know..

I see your weight is 185 and BF is pretty low-- duno your height which makes it hard to gauge, but i'd assume to the average person your fit/big, whatever. though you (as most of us are) are wrapped up into the physical world, the training life, in reality, there aren't many like us. yea, people workout, go to gyms, etc. but not many do it like we do. and it shows...

BUT -- you oughta read up on muscle dysmorphia.. the adonis complex.. it's vicious cycle you can get lured into just by association of weight training and being a man. I think when I first heard of the topic(s) i really started to change the mental aspect of my training/life for the better.

in the end, being arnold big (a'la steroidded) isnt the most important thing in life --- it is being happy with yourself and who you are. since we associate fitness into that model, it's about being fit and working toward and obtaining o ur goals - which are forever changing to meet the new demands we put on ourselves.

i hope this makes sense and everything -- i mean the best for you to take away (and no harm anything towards your self) sometimes i ramble about things that most think aren't of importance, b ut in my picture i think they are the most... and sometimes i ramble about stupid things too, haha.. =)
        Last edited by jiritt0; 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          it's all in your head.. im sure if you think about it (really think about it) you are bigger/stronger/leaner whatever than most people you know..

I see your weight is 185 and BF is pretty low-- duno your height which makes it hard to gauge, but i'd assume to the average person your fit/big, whatever. though you (as most of us are) are wrapped up into the physical world, the training life, in reality, there aren't many like us. yea, people workout, go to gyms, etc. but not many do it like we do. and it shows...

BUT -- you oughta read up on muscle dysmorphia.. the adonis complex.. it's vicious cycle you can get lured into just by association of weight training and being a man. I think when I first heard of the topic(s) i really started to change the mental aspect of my training/life for the better.

in the end, being arnold big (a'la steroidded) isnt the most important thing in life --- it is being happy with yourself and who you are. since we associate fitness into that model, it's about being fit and working toward and obtaining o ur goals - which are forever changing to meet the new demands we put on ourselves.

i hope this makes sense and everything -- i mean the best for you to take away (and no harm anything towards your self) sometimes i ramble about things that most think aren't of importance, b ut in my picture i think they are the most... and sometimes i ramble about stupid things too, haha.. =)

strong post.

my statement about my back was observational - i really dont have the "widest" back, and while I would love an impressive v-taper, im not obsessed with achieving it.

and you are right, i would say that i am stronger/leaner/ than most of the people at my gym (minus the roid heads with great genetics). as a martial artist, i am perfectly fine with my strength levels, and i really dont want to get any "bigger" - i would have to buy a new wardrobe hahaha. besides, my girlfriend is extremely supportive and tells me all the time she loves me the way i am (not too big, not too small) -

eating right, staying physically fit are important aspects of my life - but i have never allowed them to get in the way of my life - i usually take a sensible approach.

my goals are a little different than a bodybuilders - although we achieve results in a very similar way.

not only do i train to stay healthy, i train rigorously to reach my own potential - i know i will never be the greatest martial artist, but i will train as hard as i can to be prepared should the moment ever arise -

i am extremely happy with myself, and i wish to be able to help others reach their potential in martial arts and life (doing MA is just one of many ways an individual can do this)

i appreciate the time you took to write this post and it does make sense- sometimes rambling can lead to a great truth ....... but in this case i wouldnt know

i am assuming people are concerned about my training frequency...... going on my 3rd year with this type of intensity, my energy levels have never been higher, my strength has never been greater, my mental clarity has never clearer , and my sense of well being and optimism is untouchable.

Comment

Day 19

Day 19 Back

Thoughts - Lower back was a little sore from moving, but wasnt affecting my lifts - took an interesting approach to drop sets on bent rows - 135x10, pause 5 secs, 135x9, pause 5, 135x8, pause 5, 135x7,6,5 with all 5 second pauses - excruciating burn, but it felt great

Recovery - arms felt great today, felt especially pumped while doing back today (i like to call that the after-pump)

Recovery continues to be fairly positive while on GFH

Comment

Day 20

Day 20 Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts average shoulder/leg day, still having some lower back pain. will probably need to keep it light to avoid further injury i hate when that happens. shoulders part was good, but legs was a little difficult with my back

Recovery besides the sore back (not from weights, from moving) recovery is still up

This was my final day of the log. I will be posting my final overview tonight. Thank for the opportunity CL!

Comment

Final Review

It was a very interesting time when GFH was announced. I was in the market for another post workout protein/carb mix, and was comparing Torrent, Replenish, etc. And then GFH was announced. I really liked the ingredient profile of GFH, and was excited when I was made a tester.

I have always had decent recovery (stemming from my nutrition and supplementation) - but I definitely felt my recovery was up while taking GFH.

A recap of my initial measurements:

Weight - 185
                Body fat - (using Tanita scale, lowest 6.6, highest 9.1)

Here are my measurements now

Weight - 181
                Body Fat (lowest 6.3, highest 8.8)

I lost 4 pounds while eating maintenance caloric intake (and that was about 95% strict) - so I attribute some of that loss to waste/water

Visually, I still look full and I feel great. Strength increased slightly, and my muscle endurance increased as my volume increased.

My main goal was add some mass to my shoulders and arms (and I hate myself for not taking measurements, because they do look a little more full)

Overall 9/10

The taste was fantastic - after playing with how much water to add, I found 15 oz was my sweet spot. What I enjoyed the most was the consistency of the shake (weird, I know)

I did always have a sugary taste in mouth that wouldnt go away until the next day (even after brushing my teeth) which is strange as there is no sugar in it.

No gastric issues to speak of, never had any "problems". occasional rumblings from the GM WF combination, but that was well before my GFH shake.

Obviously, this is NOT a miracle shake, but with a good training schedule, nutrition, and hard intensity, GFH is one of the better if not best post workout shake I can recommend that I felt made a difference, and I have tried a lot of different products to compare it to.

No post workout carb coma to speak of either (even with some of the r-ala)

I can honestly say that I have figured out a way to include this in my monthly budget for supplements, and has become a staple in my nutrition.

I would like to thank Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test this awesome product! Now all they need is an anytime whey protein and a stand alone insulin mimicker and then i would never have to purchase from another company again!

Comment

Working...
                X