strester vs. genetics: the Green MAGnitude log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taste and Mixability

Already had my workout today, but Green MAGnitude was at the door and I had to try it out.

As soon as I unscrewed the lid I could smell the apple... wide-eyed like a kid on christmas morning, I put some (less than 1/4 a cup just to try it out) in a glass of ice cold water and mixed with a spoon ...and the taste was AWESOME!!!! Huge thumbs up to Controlled Labs on a great tasting product. I don't see how anyone will be able to complain about the taste. Mixability is great as well. Pretty much completely dissolved for the quick test that I ran on it. Simply amazing, and can't wait to try it out at the full dosage.

Taste / Mixability

10/10 -- I wouldn't change a thing
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Log looks good man. Good Luck!
      + =

Comment

Measurements

Found my Myotape, so here are the measurements that I'll be using as a starting point to measure growth when this is all said and done...

Waist: 36 1/4"
        Chest: 41 1/4"

Left Wrist: 6 1/2"
        Left Forearm: 11 1/2"
        Left Bicep (Flex): 15 1/2"
        Left Bicep (Relax): 14"

Right Wrist: 6 1/2"
        Right Forearm: 11 1/2"
        Right Bicep (Flex): 15 3/4"
        Right Bicep (Relax): 14"

Left Thigh: 22"
        Left Calf: 14 1/2"

Right Thigh: 22 1/4"
        Right Calf: 14 1/4"
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 1 - Training

Just got back from the gym ... WOW!!! ... great energy ... sweatin' like I've been mowin' the lawn in 100 degree heat ... 1hr 15min workout and I've still got tons of energy ...

Weighed in before starting the workout @ 190.4 lbs ... the ppl @ Gold's couldn't find the bodyfat calculator so I'll just have to wait until Monday to see if they found it ... or I'll check tomorrow if I decide to fit in an extra cardio day this week

Back / Hams/ Grip

Wide Grip Pullups
          bodyweight x 9
          bodyweight x 6
          bodyweight x 4
          bodyweight x 3

Underhand Lat Pulldowns
          100 x 8
          100 x 8
          105 x 8

Bench DB Rows
          60 x 8
          65 x 8
          70 x 6
          75 x 6

T-bar Rows
          45 x 10 (warmup)
          70 x 8
          80 x 8
          90 x 8
          (could have gone a little higher, but was concerned about form since it's been a while since I've done T-bar's)

SLDL
          4 x 10 x 110
          (I misread my log book and did 4 sets instead of just 3 ... affected Leg Curls)

Lying Leg Curls
          70 x 6
          70 x 6
          70 x 4
          (cheated on 2 more last reps, so they don't count)

Grip Work
          3 x 15 x Sport Captains of Crush Gripper
          (only counted full closures so reps were anywhere between 15 and 20)

Overall, I'm feeling really pumped (usually respond very well to creatine products and I'm impressed with what I'm feeling like after my first day) ... I can't wait to see how things progress during this log ... already looking forward to cardio tomorrow and chest on Monday
          jdouchebag for president

Comment

yea im liking the energy. could be placebo, but so far, ive experiened more energy since taking the GM for 2 days so far. hopefully the energy keeps up for us both

good log thus far

Comment

Great looking log! Im really looking forward to trying out GM when it arrives.

Can I just ask one question, im not too knowledgable with bodybuilding programs, but why is it that when you work quads and hams, that they are the 2nd body part worked out for the day? I would imagine that the blood flow and hormone release from going heavy first with legs, working your bodies bigger and stronger muscles, could even help raise the quality of work for the other body part you are training that day?

Comment

my old routine had Monday entirely dedicated to legs ... this is a new routine that I got from powerbuilt over at bb.com ... just using this to switch things up for the next few months ... will probably go back to dedicating a day to legs around the winter season
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 2 - Off

Was out really late for a wedding last night, and my hams are killing me from the workout yesterday ... decided it best to not do any cardio and just hydrate and let my legs rest ... took one scoop with cold water ... didn't feel as lazy today as I usually do after a wedding .... contributing that to the GM

can't wait for chest and calves tomorrow
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 3 - Training

I'll be posting my diet for the day later this evening, but wanted to go ahead and log my numbers from my workout this morning.

Chest/Calves

Flat Bench DB Press
                    70's x 10
                    75's x 8
                    80's x 6
                    85's x 6

Incline DB Press
                    65's x 8
                    65's x 8
                    70's x 8

Flat DB Flyes
                    35's x 10
                    35's x 10
                    40's x 10 (up 5lbs. from last week)

Standing Calf Raises
                    Dropset 3 x 15 x 180/120/60

lots of sweat during this workout ... just like Saturday's workout ... lots of energy ... i'm usually burned out by the time I finish my last set on the second DB Press exercise, and this morning I went up on my last set of Flyes ... I couldn't believe the energy that I still had

nothing changed in my supplementation other than the addition of Green MAGnitude ... mixed it up with 2 scoops of PW that I had let chill overnight and the taste was great ... i'll be mixing it up this way from now on ....

didn't sleep that well lastnight and thought that this morning's workout wasn't going to be very productive .... quite the opposite
                    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 3 - Diet

Here's the overall breakdown of my caloric intake for the day. Not very happy with the way I ate today. I'll make some adjustments for tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that I weighed in at 195lbs this morning ... not sure how accurate that measurement was but it means I've put on 5lbs in less than 3 days ...
                      Attached Files
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

great workout and nice weight gain. Great to hear energy is up as well
                        MY GREEN MAG LOG
                        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Day 4 - Supplementation Update

After getting some feedback from Tank, I'm going to be adding melatonin (3mg) and White Blood (3 pills) to my stack at night ....

this is due to some increased stress at the office and the lack of sleep has been building up for a few weeks now ... this in no way is being contributed to Green MAGnitude since this was happening prior to the start of me taking it

i woke up this morning and hit a wall in the gym .... no energy, no desire to be there, kept yawning, couldn't wait to get back home and take a power nap before getting ready for work ... completely sucked ... skipped abs

i'll be posting my training and diet information for the day later tonight, but wanted to notify anyone subscribed that the supplementation will change a bit starting tonight 6/27/06)

amazingly, I still made it through my bicep and forearm workout and the pumps were great ... noticed a lot of vascularity in the arms for the first time ... my wife even commented on how much fuller I look
                          jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 4 - Training and Diet

As I mentioned earlier, today was a piss-poor day in the gym ...

Biceps/Forearms/Abs

Preacher Curls
                            75 x 10
                            75 x 8
                            75 x 6
                            75 x 6

Alt Seated Hammer Curls
                            35's x 8
                            35's x 8
                            40's x 8

Concentration Curls
                            3 x 25's x 8

DB Forearm Curls
                            4 x 25's x 15

def had a pump in my arms, but was too tired to do any abs ... maybe I'll fit them in if I have time tomorrow

Diet was about the same as yesterday .... need to do some shopping and restock the fridge and pantry

Getting ready for bed and have a 3mg pill of melatonin and 3 WB pills waiting for me ... hoping for a big change in how I feel tomorrow
                            Attached Files
                            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 5 - Training

Just got home from my workout ... what a difference a good night of sleep will do for a person (the addition of melatonin and WB pm has already made a difference after the first dose) .... energy levels were above normal today .... lots of sweat, which I am contributing as a side to Green MAG - but it's a good sweat and not comparable to the constant sweating that I get from thermogenics

weighed in this morning at 193.6lbs ... up 0.2lbs from yesterday ... I've been slacking on cardio, but will get back into it in a couple more days (Hams are still really tight from the workout last Friday 6/23) and I expect my weight to drop a little bit

not as much vascularity as I noticed yesterday, but I'm still looking bigger / more full

Shoulders / Traps

Overhead DB Press
                              45's x 10
                              45's x 8
                              50's x 6 (up 5lbs from last week)
                              55's x 6 (up 5lbs from last week)

Leaning Side Laterals
                              20's x 8
                              25's x 8 (up 5lbs from last week)
                              25's x 6 (up 5lbs from last week, but 2 reps short from last week)

Alt Front DB Raises
                              25's x 8
                              25's x 8
                              25's x 8
                              (usually do 10 reps per set, but the front delts were on fire today)

Bent-over DB Laterals
                              20's x 10
                              20's x 10
                              25's x 10 (up 5lbs from last week)

Behind Back BB Shrugs
                              155 x 15 (up 5lbs from last week)
                              155 x 15
                              155 x 15
                              165 x 15 (up 10lbs from last week)

based on what I've seen over these 5 days, I can safely say that this stuff works ... at least for me, and I'm stoked that I already have a second tub on hand when the tester tub runs out
                              jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                                Just got home from my workout ... what a difference a good night of sleep will do for a person (the addition of melatonin and WB pm has already made a difference after the first dose) .... energy levels were above normal today .... lots of sweat, which I am contributing as a side to Green MAG - but it's a good sweat and not comparable to the constant sweating that I get from thermogenics

weighed in this morning at 193.6lbs ... up 0.2lbs from yesterday ... I've been slacking on cardio, but will get back into it in a couple more days (Hams are still really tight from the workout last Friday 6/23) and I expect my weight to drop a little bit

not as much vascularity as I noticed yesterday, but I'm still looking bigger / more full

Shoulders / Traps

Overhead DB Press
                                45's x 10
                                45's x 8
                                50's x 6 (up 5lbs from last week)
                                55's x 6 (up 5lbs from last week)

Leaning Side Laterals
                                20's x 8
                                25's x 8 (up 5lbs from last week)
                                25's x 6 (up 5lbs from last week, but 2 reps short from last week)

Alt Front DB Raises
                                25's x 8
                                25's x 8
                                25's x 8
                                (usually do 10 reps per set, but the front delts were on fire today)

Bent-over DB Laterals
                                20's x 10
                                20's x 10
                                25's x 10 (up 5lbs from last week)

Behind Back BB Shrugs
                                155 x 15 (up 5lbs from last week)
                                155 x 15
                                155 x 15
                                165 x 15 (up 10lbs from last week)

based on what I've seen over these 5 days, I can safely say that this stuff works ... at least for me, and I'm stoked that I already have a second tub on hand when the tester tub runs out
                                glad you got the much needed sleep
                                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                                Purple Psyko
                                Gold Feast
                                Blue Gene
                                Blue Growth
                                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                                Orange TRIad
                                White Flood (5 Flavors)