Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaymdubb's GREEN MAG INTENSITY MMA log

jaymdubb’s MMA/Athlete Green Magnitude Log

I was lucky enough to be selected to test out Controlled Labs new creatine matrix, Green Magnitude. My current goal is to continue to stay lean. My daily intake is around 3000, so I am really not trying to lose or gain weight (of course if I lost more body fat and gained more LBM I wouldn’t complain). I am always in the search for that truly awesome PUMP. It’s like crack. Ha.

I recently got off of an alternative German Volume Training I created for full body workouts that really leaned me up, but my strength suffered. I am on the 4th week of a new full body routine that is maximized to bring back my strength gains along with some explosive firepower to really make me a lethal opponent in and outside fighting.

I started some White Blood a week ago because I felt I was lacking something, and sure enough it did the trick.

After I am done testing Green Magnitude I plan on going on the Controlled Labs Mega Stack because I think it will be the ultimate test for both the company and myself 

Here it goes!!!

PRODUCTS

(please note, this log is for GREEN MAGNITUDE, however, I am still on Purple Wraath, GlycerGrow, and White Blood)

GREEN MAGNITUDE
    From the company that brought you Green Bulge™ capsules...

Green MAGnitude™ is an advanced powder creatine matrix. It combines
    Magnesium Creatine Chelate (a patented form of creatine), with Dicreatine
    Malate (creatine bound with Malic Acid) to deliver synergistic benefits you
    can actually FEEL working during your workout.

Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Dicreatine Malate are important during both
    anaerobic and aerobic workouts and are involved in the efficient production
    and utilization of ATP. This KEY COMBINATION also has oxygen-sparing
    effects and helps optimize mitochondrial function to directly and
    indirectly "boost energy" during your workout or cardio session. As a
    bonus, when combined with Betaine Anhydrous, this potent combination may
    also help neutralize lactic acid build-up indirectly, and signal the body to
    use oxygen to burn fat as fuel.

Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous, and Tyrosine have a wide variety of
    physiological and metabolic functions and were added to Green MAGnitude™
    for potent volumizing, antioxidant, ergogenic, and cognitive benefits.

Key Attributes:

- Juicy Green Sour Apple Flavor
    - Exclusive Synergistic Creatine Formula
    - Instantly Dissolves
    - Patented Form of Creatine
    - Improve Strength, Stamina, and Athletic Performance
    - Greater Protein Synthesis
    - No Bitter CEE Taste
    - Caffeine Free

PURPLE WRAATH
    Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:

Fast absorption/fast acting
    EAA & BCAA
    Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    Delicious tangy grape flavor
    Natural anabolic environment
    Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    Explosive strength, power, and energy
    Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    Dextrose/maltodextrin free
    Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...

We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs.

PurplEAA Complex:

The Purple Wraath PurplEAA Complex is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes training:

Leucine:
    - Primary anabolic trigger
    - Enhance recovery
    - Optimize hormone levels

Valine:
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Anti-inflammatory

Isoleucine:
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Hormones

Lysine:
    - Beta-oxidation
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Calcium absorption
    - Energy

Arginine:
    - Vasodilator
    - Nutrient delivery
    - Anti-Catabolic

Histidine:
    - Vasodilator
    - Sexual function

Threonine:
    - Nutrient uptake
    - Immune system

Methionine:
    - Enhance metabolism
    - Energy
    - Mood
    - Antioxidant

Phenylalanine:
    - Energy
    - Hormones
    - Mood

It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research shows that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions. Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side affects, we designed Purple Wraath to be completely tryptophan-free.

By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.

What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex.

PurplEndurance Complex:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

So what does each of the ingredients in the PurplEndurance Complex do?

Beta-Alanine:
    - Helps increase aerobic efficiency
    - Helps enhance oxygen transport
    - Helps to reduce lactic acid accumulation

Citrulline Malate:
    - Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
    - Boosts energy production
    - Has an oxygen sparing effect
    - Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous:
    - Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
    - Enhances muscle fullness
    - Acts as an energy enzyme protector
    - Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
    - Elevates glutathione levels
    - Promotes liver health
    - Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
    - Enhances metabolism

Ginger:
    - Aids in nutrient absorption
    - Enhances digestion/stomach function
    - Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline:
    - Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

GLYCERGROW
    GlycerGrow is the most advanced standalone cell volumization breakthrough ever to reach the market. GlycerGrow combines a proprietary and synergistic blend of pharmaceutical grade ingredients to increase cell volume, aid the osmotic effects of creatine, and enhance the natural anabolic responses of weightlifting. When combined with a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet, and a solid workout protocol, this product helps give the user increased gains in size, strength and vascularity.

During a cutting (calorie deficit/fat loss) phase, GlycerGrow can be stacked with Red Acid and Green Bulge to keep workout intensity levels high. GlycerGrow may also help minimize cramping. As an added bonus, GlycerGrow appears to have little impact on insulin and blood sugar levels. During a bulking (calorie surplus) phase, GlycerGrow can be stacked with Green Bulge and White Blood for extreme pumps and to optimize your lean gains. GlycerGrow may also enhance your extreme stretching protocol. During a bodybuilding or fitness-related contest preparation phase, GlycerGrow can be used to improve vascularity as well as maintain both workout intensity and electrolyte balance, which may help reach the muscle hardness, fullness, and density needed to win. During endurance training, GlycerGrow may improve hydration and stamina. During power-lifting training, GlycerGrow may improve explosiveness, recovery, and conditioning, helping to avoid the symptoms of over-training.

What exactly is Glycerol MonoStearate?

Glycerol occurs naturally in the body. When it is ingested as a supplement, it is absorbed and increases the concentration of the fluid in the blood and tissues. The concentration of these fluids is held constant by the body, so water consumed with glycerol is not excreted until the extra glycerol is either removed by the kidneys or broken down by the body. In laymen's terms, taking glycerol in supplemental form quickly improves hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. The end result is faster delivery of nutrients when and where you need them the most and the prolonged "pump effect" during your workouts. Our Glycerol is esterified with stearic acid to form Glycerol MonoStearate. Glycerol MonoStearate is a colorless, odorless and sweet-tasting flaky powder that is hygroscopic (it absorbs water from the air, so keep this tightly closed at all times).

As far as the FDA is concerned, Glycerol MonoStearate is a fat and therefore results in calories, 9 per gram. But you have heard that saturated fat is bad for your cholesterol? True, in most cases, but not with stearic acid. Stearic acid is one of the only saturated fatty acids that actually have a neutral effect on serum cholesterol levels in human studies.

Key Attributes:

Intracellular nutrient / electrolyte delivery
    Cell Volumization
    Vascularity
    Growth
    Recovery
    Intensity
    Improve thermoregulation and endurance

WHITE BLOOD

White Blood is the most complete nitric oxide and transport enhancing formula around. It uses ethyl ester technology to enhance the delivery of the two key ingredients, arginine ethyl ester di-hcl (AEE) and ornithine ethyl ester di-hcl (OEE). These two amino acids are bonded to an ester, which increases the absorbability of both compounds. Esters are formed by a reaction between carboxylic acid and alcohol. The problem with most first-generation nitric oxide enhancers is that they degrade severely when ingested and do not reach their target to perform their duty. With esterfication, the arginine and ornithine can pass the digestive system intact and deliver incredible pumps and greater vasodilation than arginine AKG (alpha-ketoglutarate), which is contained in the most popular nitric oxide products, or any other nitric oxide enhancer could ever have achieved in the past.

The beauty of esterficiation is that less of the active material is needed to do a better job than the underlying non-esterfied compound. For instance, the average 200 pound man only needs about 1.5-1.75 grams of arginine ethyl ester before a workout for amazing pumps and enhanced nutrient uptake, whereas he would need more than three times the amount of arginine AKG to even come close to the same type of pumps. Larger doses of these compounds put stress on the body so AEE and OEE are much better choices since less of each is needed to illicit the same or better response as larger doses of the first-generation materials. Esterfication also prolongs the effects that each of these two compounds has. When you are in the gym you want your pump to last as long as your workout. You are tired of the current nitric oxide enhancers that last 15 minutes into your workout then the effects fizzle out. White Blood's pumps and increased nutrient uptake will last your entire workout and then some.

You have tried nitric oxide products in the past and none of them worked for you, right? Well that has been one of the problems with nitric oxide supplements. They were only effective for about 50-60% of the population. 40-50% of individuals were non-responders at the recommended and affordable dosages. White Blood's esterfied compounds work for nearly everybody, even past nitric oxide non-responders. Our tests have shown that White Blood will illicit pumps in at least 95% of the population. This occurs because most of the non-responders damaged the compounds in their digestive system, but with esterfication comes protection and delivery of much more of the underlying ingredient and, therefore, enhanced effects.

Ornithine Ethyl Ester (OEE): was added to the formula because of its synergistic effects with arginine. Like AEE, more OEE passes the digestive system more completely intact so that it can work more effectively at lower doses. OEE primarily increases muscle protein synthesis and makes your protein more effective due to increased uptake. OEE also increases the blood plasma level of arginine, thus contributing to even great nitric oxide stimulating effects. Last, but certainly not least, OEE can help stimulate the production of growth hormone (GH), which can lead to mass gains. High doses of ornithine consumption have been the cause for gastric discomfort, which is another great reason to esterfy it, so lower doses can be utilized efficiently.

Free Form Taurine: was added to increase protein synthesis primarily. However, it also contributes as a muscle cell volumizer, by drawing and holding more water into the muscle tissue. This amino works in concert with the AEE and OEE and amplifies their effects.

Antioxidants: were added to curb any of the free oxygen radicals that are left when the nitric oxide producing ingredients do their job. Nitric oxide works wonders in many ways, but is also leaves behind free radicals. We included the best antioxidants around to make sure that free radicals are "cleaned up" when the nitric oxide effects disperse. In our opinion, any nitric oxide supplement that does not include antioxidants is being irresponsible.

As you can see, we have amassed the most complete nitric oxide formula on the market that works the most effectively and uses the smallest dose possible as not to cause damage to our consumer's bodies. We know that White Blood will become a staple in your supplement regimen. Tip! White Blood also has an amazing effect on erectile tissue as an added bonus.

OTHER SUPPLEMENTATION:

DYMATIZE Z-FORCE (ZMA, nac, trib, etc.)
    GENERIC MULTI-V
    Last edited by jaymdubbs; 06-20-2006, 10:40 PM.

Sex: Male

Height: 6’1

Weight: 188 lbs

Body Type: Meso

Training Experience: Weight lifted on and off since 2000. Played football and basketball. Seriously got into strength training last year when I started to compete in Mixed Martial Art competitions. In a matter of a year I lost a total of 25 pounds, and gained it all back in lean muscle mass - 185 - 160 - and then back to 185 at 8-9% bf. my workouts kept getting better and more intense. now i am the strongest ive ever been, with my cardio being PHENOMONAL. You should pick me because I will thoroughly run your product through the gauntlet to see how effective it works. my sheer training protocol is wicked.

Current Training Protocol: Full Body Workouts 3 Times a week- Mon, Wed, Fri. consisting of exercises that hit every body part- rep schemes differ, but generally are 4x10 or 3x12 depending on my goal that day (strength vs endurance)

a sample might be on Mondays
    Bench
    EZ Curl
    Lat Pulldown
    Hack Squats
    15 Min AB work
    Tricep Press
    Military press
    T bar row
    Upright row
    Time: ~ 60 mins

the exercises are always changed up.

also, i have resistance band/plyometric workouts 2-3 times a week on days I am not lifting. These generally last an hour.

im holding off on Brazilian Jujitsu Classes till I move, and on Tues, Thursday, Fridays and Sundays I have 1.5-2 hr stand up/JKD/Muay Thai classes

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible):
    After every weight training session I will do the following- HIIT on a treadmill for 15 mins, alternating minutes at 7mph and 10mph usually clocking in at around 2.5 miles

after that, I will do intervals on a stair master for another 10 - 12 minutes.
    my heart rate stays around 170 ish the whole time

also, on days i dont weight train i run 2 miles around 160-180 heart rate.

also, those martial art classes I do are cardio sessions in themselves.

I recently ran a 20 mile relay cracked out on Purple Wraath and completed in under 4 hours.

Current supplements (exact brand/product name): Dymatize Elite Whey, Countdown Post workout Dex/malto, Dymatize z-force, CL purple wraath, CL glycer grow, GL Green Magnitude

Current Diet and macros (as much detail as possible):
    Breakfast- Oats, Cottage Cheese, Protein shake (w/milk), water
    mid- banana, cottage cheese, water
    Lunch- lean turkey or tuna, veggies, cottage cheese, whole wheat bread, diet soda
    mid- EAS myoplex original, water
    mid 2- cottage cheese, turkey/chicken, water
    dinner- chicken/lean beef, veggies, if fatigued take in extra carb
    snack- EAS myoplex carb senses (before bed)

hard to total because theres slight variations, however, im at

3000 calories, give or take 250-400,
    ~250 g protein
    ~200 g carbs
    <100 g f

i know im off a little bit but thats a rough estimate

Current Daily water intake: 1 - 1.5 gallons

Short Term Goal: stay lean, optimally train for fight

Long Term Goal: stay lean at 200, great fighting shape

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:none

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
    NO xplode, GNC whey protein, UN Storm, UN shock therapy, Xyience NOG cg 3, Sans V12, Dymatize Xpand (also energized), ON Whey, Dymatize Megamilk, Cytosport fast twitch, NX CARE nitro t3, Primaforce Thermal Rage, Thermolife Zappetite, CL Green Bulge, White Blood, Blue Rhino, Red Acid, Yohimbe, ECA stack. EAS nutritonal shakes, Scivation Anagen, MN X-Factor

Other product reviews / logs you have done (with links):
    WB, GB, BR review (will update links)
    thermal rage (tester)
    Zappetite (tester)
    x-factor/anagen log/review

Current / Progress Photos:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1146698360

new pics will be up in a day or so
    Last edited by jaymdubbs; 06-20-2006, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Looks awesome man! You got one helluva stack going there! Your pic link at the bottom of your post is dead, just fyi.
      + =

Comment

looking good, felt like I just read a freakin book
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

my daily posts wont be so long

if im gonna do an extensive log, im gonna do it right

PLUS good logs equals more testing for the future

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
            Looks awesome man! You got one helluva stack going there! Your pic link at the bottom of your post is dead, just fyi.

you are correct my dear sir, i will fix

Comment

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1146698360

and

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...0&d=1146697329

NEW link for progress pictures

btw tank, i took some new photos the other day, but in all seriousness they look exactly the same as my newest ones in the above posts.

if you want me to post em, i shall (its just a bitch to set up the stuff for it, thats why im asking)

Comment

Great intro and I like how you have your stats right in your sig... it adds perspective.

Is this one up on BB.COM yet ?

Comment

not yet, but it will be later this evening

Comment

check that, its up NOW

on a side note i am going to liven it up a bit tonight when i have more time.

Comment

looks like a great log good luck!
                      MY GREEN MAG LOG
                      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Good luck bro!

Comment

oh yea, here are my measurements

as of 6/21/06

i guess it helps my GF is a dietary consultant, so she knows all the measurments n stuff

Weight: 187

Neck: 15in relaxed 16in flexed
                          Chest: 37 3/4 relaxed 41 1/4 flexed
                          Biceps: 13 3/4 relaxed 14 3/4 flexed
                          Forearm: 10 1/2 relaxed 11 flexed
                          Waist: 34 relaxed 33 1/3 flexed dont get this one
                          thigh: 23 1/4 relaxed 24 flexed
                          calves: 15 1/2 relaxed 16 3/4 flexed

Comment

subscribed

good lookin' log so far
                            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day 1

Took the delicious GM pre cardio.

About 15 minutes in I began to feel a slight pump (nothing to write home about), but because i wasnt lifting it wasnt a sustained feeling.

The pump was problably from all the punching i was doing on the heavy bag. Either way, i cant wait to work out after work today (june 23) to really put it to the test.

i am going to take the GM and GG pre workout, and PW during my workout.

let u know how it goes......

Comment

Working...
                              X