Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenn's Road to Her First Figure Competition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsofgold
    Steadily cutting the diet and adding cardio and noticing more and more definition every day!

Comment

Alright, so here is my current diet!

Meal 1
      1/3 c oatmeal
      4 egg whites & 1 whole egg

Meal 2
      2 scoops Max Gourmet strawberry shortcake protein

Meal 3
      4 oz whitemeat
      12 almonds
      1 c fibrous veggies
      1 t. olive oil

Meal 4 - postworkout
      1.5 scoops whey protein
      1/2 scoop waxy maize starch

Meal 5
      5 oz. whitemeat
      1 c green beans

Supplements:
      women's multi vitamin
      green tea
      acetyl l-carnitine
      Ultra 40
      Sesaglow
      flax oil/epa
      GreenMag
      Xtend

Also, I am having one cheat meal a week. I decided last week was my last eating out cheat meal, so I am making them at home from now on.

Will post more about my training later

Comment

Alright, so here is my current diet!
        ...for the next few days. Time to get leaner!!! Cut-time this weekend.

Be ready to smash legs hard on Friday with us. Sue Diesel expects you to kill it (as if I don't, haha)!!
        **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
        **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
        WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
        http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
        http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

oh man... leg day looks like its going to be FUN!.. damn i so want to be there

Comment

Alright.. going to try and get better at updating this thing now. I actually wrote out my reps while I trained last night and should hopefully remember to start doing that now. Also, I've started the next cut phase in my diet and it's working awesome! Currently my weight is 130 and my waist is 26.5" and I'm feeling leaner every morning I wake up!

10 weeks out diet plan:

Meal 1:
            1/2 grapefruit
            1 c spinach
            4 egg whites + 1 whole egg

Meal 2:
            1 scoop gourmet protein
            1/2 scoop maxpro protein

Meal 3:
            4 oz. whitemeat
            12 almonds
            1 t olive oil
            1 c green beans

Posr 4 (Postworkout)
            1.5 scoops whey
            1/2 scoop waxy maize starch

Meal 5:
            4 oz whitemeat
            1 c green beans

Supplements are still the same.

Current Cardio:
            4 days of moderate 45 minutes
            2 days of 25 minute intervals
            1 day totally off from weights and cardio (I usually plan this day to hit 2 days after leg day because that's usually when I'm the most wiped out)

Last night was legs. I'm finally getting to a point where I can push myself. It helps having Rich around the gym to help me push out a couple more reps on things. And I'm loving the new training sessions with Sue. It really helps being able to watch another female push weights. Brings a different perspective and helps me understand proper form better too.

1/31 - Legs

Squats 110 x 8 x 7 x 8 (Rich assisted last set)
            A1 Front Squats 70 x 13 (Rich asst.) x 10
            A2 Low Wide Leg Press 45 x 11 x 9
            Seated Leg Curls 52.5 x 13, 55 x 10 x 8
            Lying Leg Curls 45 x 12 dropset to 30 x 13

Followed up by 25 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. My butt was kicked after all was done. The stairs to the lockerrooms and back up were quite rough hah. Good times good times.

On a side note: Things are getting quite frustrating with the boyfriend. The better I look, the more controlling he is seeming to get. He never wants me going out without him and is pulling the b.s. line of "I trust you, I just worry." He's kicking and screaming about me having a girls night with two of my coworkers when all we are doing is hanging out at her house and bitching about work. Right, ok, because this whole thing makes sense especially when he is the one that has cheated in past relationships and I never have and would never think of it. Jeez! And he keeps bringing over candy and shit when I keep telling him to stop because that makes it really rough on me. I have a lot more to bitch about with this, but I'll leave it at that. Getting a little too aggravated right now. End rant!
            Last edited by dogsofgold; 02-01-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

On a side note: Things are getting quite frustrating with the boyfriend. The better I look, the more controlling he is seeming to get. He never wants me going out without him and is pulling the b.s. line of "I trust you, I just worry." He's kicking and screaming about me having a girls night with two of my coworkers when all we are doing is hanging out at her house and bitching about work. Right, ok, because this whole thing makes sense especially when he is the one that has cheated in past relationships and I never have and would never think of it. Jeez! And he keeps bringing over candy and shit when I keep telling him to stop because that makes it really rough on me. I have a lot more to bitch about with this, but I'll leave it at that. Getting a little too aggravated right now. End rant!
              Just remember it's his guilt that makes him insecure but that's his problem not yours. Your doing an awesome job so don't let him distract you from your goal. Keep kicking ass!!

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Been sick. Training's been on hold this weekend. Not happy.

Should be back at it tomorrow hopefully. Will see how work goes.

Comment

Well, even though I had to leave work early today, I pushed on and made it to the gym for some delts and tris with Rich and Sue. And very glad I did. I felt crappy for about the first half of the workout, but progressively got better, and now I feel almost back to normal again I forgot to keep track of reps, though, but I do have current weights. And I threw in a little chest at the end to make up for missed time this weekend. I will also be doing a little makeup back and bis on my normally off day tomorrow.

Arnold DB Presses - 25lbs
                  A1 Lat Raise Machine - 25lbs
                  A2 Hammer Behind Neck Press - 35lbs
                  Dip Machine - 95lbs
                  B1 Decline EZ Extensions - 35lbs
                  B2 Kickbacks - 13.75lbs

Threw in a few sets of fly machine and a few sets of incline db presses at the end.

Did 45 minutes on the elliptical.

The boyfriend is out of town for the week on business, so that's a nice break. I told him to stop smothering me, and so far, he has been really good about not calling me constantly while he's been gone.

Also forgot to add something! I will be trying on some suits with Sue and Rich this Friday and I'm starting to wear my heels around the apartment. I'm pretty much a country girl and this whole heel thing is new to me. So I need all the practice I can get! Posing starts on Sunday. Should be interesting!
                  Last edited by dogsofgold; 02-04-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Make-up Back Day! Same as usual minus deads.

A1 WideGrip Pulldowns 95 x 11 x 8 x 8

A2 BentOver DB Rows 22.5 x 16, 25 x 12 x 10

WideGrip Seated Rows 62.5 x 13 x 11

BentOver DB Laterals 15 x 13 x 12

B1 Seated Calf Raises 85 x 13, 87.5 x 10

B2 Ground Calf Raises 30 & 18

45 minutes on the elliptical.

My stomach was growling really loud today which got me a few weird glances from people in my classes. I wasn't particularly hungry though, so it was just kind of funny to me. I wasn't thrilled about going to school today, but it ended up being a good day. I did really well on my algebra and sociology tests and we had a guest speaker in my juvenile procedure class. Good stuff, anyway, done rambling. Legs tomorrow morning, woo!!

Comment

any updates jen?
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                        any updates jen?
                        Basically my life went insane. Due to several reasons I had to decide now is not the right time to be training for a competition. The last 2 weeks have been pretty bad, I won't go into details, but I'm really hopeful that things are looking up. If I can get things sorted out and taken care of, maybe I can compete this fall.

I'll probably be starting a new log sometime in the next few weeks. I'm hopefully going to the beach mid-May and then I will be the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding mid-June, so I will need to be looking top notch for those two things.

I'll keep you all posted on how things go as they happen and hopefully get better

Comment

sorry to hear about your struggles!!

I hope everything gets back on track for you soon

Comment

Don't worry, I will keep you still have my support (and nagging).
                            **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                            http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                            http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

I'll keep you all posted on how things go as they happen and hopefully get better
                              That's the spirit !!

Comment

Well, things are on the up and up.

I officially broke up with the boyfriend. He just kept dragging me further and further down and I've had enough. So, yay, me. I feel a million pounds lighter and happier all at once.

I've been awful the past few weeks and haven't gotten any workouts in. Bleh. I honestly just have not felt like it at all, which I really blame on being in a relationship I wasn't meant to be in. Because now that I am out of it, my normal strong urges to smash some weights have come back on me full force. If I can wake myself up tomorrow morning, I definitely need to hit the gym!

On health related stuff. I have another doctor's appointment in a few weeks. They have to do some biopsies so hopefully rule out cancer *huge knock on wood*. So wish me luck with that!

And on job related stuff. I've been talking with a really prestigious grooming shop down in a suburb of Tampa, Florida and they are really interested in having me move down there to work for them. This would be a HUGE opportunity. Their shop is an absolute dream and they are fabulous people. And on top of it all I'd be making about 5 times what I make now (woo!). And you just can't beat being that close to the beach!

So life is definitely looking up and I am happy, finally

Comment

Working...
                                X