Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenn's Road to Her First Figure Competition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sethva
    lol I graduated, thank god

Though I'd go back in a heart beat, nothing like waking up at 1pm for 1 class, and then sleeping the rest of the day.

those were the days.
    Heck yea! My winter quarter schedule is awesome. I have 1 class Monday evenings at 530. Then a few super easy classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm-8pm. There will be sleeping in, and LOTS of it!

Alright, last night Rich did a major bashing on my legs! Muscles were burning on just about every exercise. And I got my first hamstring burning, which I was really excited about! Also was quite nauseus through donkey calfs and hanging leg raises. Good times, good times. Before cardio, Rich gave me my first taste of Purple Wraath. Made me feel SO much better! So sipped on that through cardio and also got my first taste of some waxy maize starch at the end of everything. Purple Wraath is awesome, though it does have a bit of a chocolatey aftertaste, and I can't stand chocolate, so I think I'll just be sticking with my Xtend.

LEG ANNIHILATION!

Squats - 65 x 13, 70 x 11 x 10

A1 Leg Extensions - 50 x 12 x 10 x 8
    A2 Lying Leg Curls - 30 x 15, 35 x 15, 40 x 13

Straight Leg DB Deadlifts 25 x 15, 30 x 15, 35 x 25 (just kept going until I couldn't go anymore, will definitely keep bumping up on this one, went lighter to get a feel for it first, <3 deadlifts)

B1 Donkey Calf Raises 110 x 13 x 11 (followed last set with 20 freestanding calf raises on the floor, hooray calf burn!)
    B2 Hanging Leg Raises 19 & 15

30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical (about 6.2mph)

Woke up starving this morning! My metabolism has officially kicked back in with a vengeance! Time to get lean!

Comment

I forgot to post my new diet macros yesterday.

Calories: 1542
      Carbs: 78g
      Protein: 181g
      Fat: 51g

Today is supposed to be a cheat day on diet. Going to head to the gym in a while to hit chest and back. Not really craving anything food-wise, so I may just keep it clean today and wait it out until I'm actually hungry for something. Although it's very likely that will change after the gym!

Comment

Wanted to ask where @ in Cbus are you training?
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Wanted to ask where @ in Cbus are you training?
          Metro Fitness (World's Gym) downtown

Comment

You go girl!
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Things got crazy on Sunday, so I wasn't able to hit the gym that night But I did end up getting to have some chicken and shrimp on some pasta for my cheat meal

So, Monday was Chest and Back

A1 Decline BP
              65 x 11 x 9 x 8
              A2 BentOver BB Rows
              65 x 12 x 10 x 8
              B1 Incline DB Flys
              15 x 17 x 16 x 15
              B2 Asst. Wide Pullups
              (15) x 16, (14) x 13 x 11
              C1 Asst. Dips
              (13) x 14 x 12
              C2 Hammer Low Rows
              27.5 x 13 x 11 x 10

Went up in reps on the last 4 and was able to use a little less assistance on pullups. LOVE that I can finally feel those in my lats! Finally getting some really good muscle-mind connection on all my exercises.

Tuesday - Abs and Extended Cardio

Did a whole mess of ab stuff. Weighted crunches, regular crunches, hyperextensions, decline oblique crunches, weighted leg raises, and leg tucks. Good stuff, they are still a little sore this morning.

Did 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. Kept it right around 6mph and level 4 for a total of about 4.5 miles. I was pretty tired afterwards! First time doing 45 minutes of cardio in months.

Wednesday - Off Day

Diet has been perfect all week. So proud of myself I'm totally in the zone for this! Gotta look as good as possible my first time up on stage!

Today I'm hitting Delts, Bis, and Tris. Headed to the gym in a little while

Comment

Thursday - Delts, Bis, and Tris

This was a bit of an annoying day. The short barbell turned up missing at the gym. So on a couple of exercises where I really needed it so I could go up a little in weight, I had to just stick with one of the little 30s and go higher rep. Oh well. I was also really messed up mentally on close grip bench and barbell curls because last week that was when I got my really intense stomach pain. But once I made it through those with no pain, I pushed hard on my next two exercises and felt much better about things.

Standing Military Presses 30 x 16 x 16 x 12

A1 Wide Grip Bar Upright Rows 30 x 13 x 12 x 12

A2 Rear Delt Machine 30 x 16, 32.5 x 14 x 12

Standing DB Lat Raises 10 x 13 x 13 x 12, 5 x 10 dropset

B1 Close Grip BP 60 x 7, 55 x 9 yuck

B2 Barbell Curls 30 x 13 x 11 yuck

C1 VBar Cable Pushdowns 60 x 16, 65 x 13

C2 Across Chest Hammer Curls 15 x 12 x 12

Friday - Leg Bashing!

<3 Leg day! Yes, I'm weird. Had another awesome leg day of pushing myself to the point of almost puking. Haha, I love it. I wish I could push myself that hard on other days! Was SUPER excited because I was able to overcome a mental barrier between myself and my leg muscles and made gains on everything I did whether in weight or reps

Squats 70 x 13, 75 x 13, 80 x 10

A1 Leg Extensions 50 x 13 x 12 x 12

A2 Lying Leg Curls 40 x 16, 45 x 12 x 10 burrrrrrn

Straight Leg DB Deadlifts 40s x 13, 45s x 13, 50s x 10 (my legs could have handled more, but by this point my grip was shot!)

B1 Donkey Calf Machine 140 x 13 x 12

B2 Hanging Leg Raises 20, 20

Saturday - Extra Rest Day

Had been really cranky.. actually had a chance to sleep in before work on Saturday and I needed it. So opted to get rest instead of doing extended cardio. Glad I made the decision, I feel tons better!

Today is Chest and Back... headed to the gym shortly! Diet is spot on. Get to have my cheat meal at my work Christmas party tonight. But I am still staying away from sweets. I have been over 3 weeks now without any candy or sweets and I'm super proud of myself. Finally got to where I've stopped craving it, so I'm not letting myself get a taste again because I know that'll be bad news!

Weight: 134 (down 1lb in a week)
                Waist: 27.25 (no idea what it was last week, this was my first measurement this time around)

Comment

Chest and Back

Today was a good day. Went up in reps or weight on every exercise. Woo! Did my usual 30 minutes of post-lifting cardio on the elliptical for 3 miles.

A1 Decline BP 65 x 12 x 10 x 9

A2 Bentover BB Rows 65 x 12 x 10 x 8

B1 Incline DB Flys 20 x 12, 15 x 16 x 16

B2 Asst. Widegrip Pullups (14) x 14 x 12 x 12

C1 Asst. Dips (13) x 16, (12) x 12

C2 Hammer Low Rows 27.5 x 14 x 12, 25 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold
                    Metro Fitness (World's Gym) downtown

I was told a few months ago that worlds was bought out, or something close to that?
                    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold
                      Chest and Back

Today was a good day. Went up in reps or weight on every exercise. Woo! Did my usual 30 minutes of post-lifting cardio on the elliptical for 3 miles.
                      Nice !!!

Comment

Doing awesome! Keep it up.
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Leg training should be the most excruciating, because you are working your entire body with more weight than usual. Build that foundation!!!

Keep it up Jen! Stay on that diet and keep pushing yourself beyond your limits! The weeks will go by faster than you think.
                          **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                          **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                          WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                          http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                          http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

I was told a few months ago that worlds was bought out, or something close to that?
                            The World Gym franchise in central Ohio are no longer part of World Gym and have therefore changed the name to Metro Fitness. No big deal. Same gym, different name.

World Gym corporate-wide was bought by Planet Fitness, so as our franchise terms came up we would have converted. Not gonna happen as we appeal heavily to the more serious-minded lifter as well as the average joe's and jane's.
                            **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                            http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                            http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Monday 12/10 Extended Cardio

Was really bored with cardio this day, so I split it up and did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Tuesday 12/11 Shoulders/Arms

Today was a good mental-breakthrough day. Had been having issues with closegrip bench since I failed out a couple times ago and nobody was around to spot me back up. So I just dropped it down even more in weight and focused on my form and took it really slow and got my confidence back. Feeling much better about it now.

Standing Military Presses 30 x 16 x 16 x 13

A1 WideGrip Bar Upright Rows 30 x 15 x 14 x 13

A2 Rear Delt Machine 32.5 x 16, 35 x 12 x 12

Standing DB Lat Raises 10 x 14 x 14 x 12, dropset 5 x 14

B1 CloseGrip BP 50 x 13, 55 x 11 x 10

B2 Barbell Curls 40 x 10 x 10 x 9

C1 VBar Cable Pushdowns 65 x 16, 70 x 13

C2 Across Chest Hammer Curls 15 x 12 x 12

Did 30 minutes of treadmill intervals afterwards. <3 running

Wednesday 12/12 - Forced Rest Day

Was not planning on taking today as a rest day. It was supposed to be leg day. But at somepoint during the workout on Tuesday, I managed to strain my left trap pretty bad. Didn't want to make it worse somehow, so I just took the morning off.

Diet is still 100% on aside from a cheat meal on Sundays. My cheat meal last Sunday at the work party was awesome. Got to have some lasagna and this really spicy shrimp pasta Was very proud of myself and did not have any dessert. That damn apple carmel pie was tempting!

Off to the gym for legs now

Comment

Thursday 12/13 - Legs

Today was a good leg day! I upped my Xtend to 3 scoops instead of 2, and I felt much better throughout my workout. And not having to worry about throwing up let me really push myself on everything.

Squats 80 x 13, 85 x 10 x 10

A1 Leg Extensions 50 x 15 x 13 x 12

A2 Lying Leg Curls 45 x 14 x 12 x 11

Straight Leg DB Deadlifts 50s x 13, 55s x 11 x 6 (grip issues again)

Donkey Calf Machine 140 x 14 x 12

Hanging Leg Raises 20 & 20

Kicked up my cardio a touch and did 30 minutes at 7mph on the elliptical. Have also started going tanning once or twice a week because it's going to take a long time for me to get tan haha.

Weight: 133
                                Waist: 27"

Comment

Working...
                                X