Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenn's Road to Her First Figure Competition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn's Road to Her First Figure Competition!

Alright, let's do this thing!

I am officially just over 19 weeks out from my first figure competition!! I will be doing the NPC Northern Ohio on April 5th, 2008.

Met up with Rich at the gym last night and picked out the contest. He started me on a new lifting routine and I got to smash back and chest at the same time last night. Wooo supersets!

A1 Decline Bench Press
    A2 Bent Over Barbell Rows
    B1 Incline Flys
    B2 Wide Grip Assisted Pullups (side note: finally found the correct feeling in my lats while doing pullups!)
    C1 Assisted Dips (leaning over to work my chest.. No clue what these are actually called hah, still learning)
    C2 Low Row Machine

Eating has been mostly clean since the Girl Power contest. Have been treating myself to some lean red meat in some meals. Will be meeting up with Rich again a week from Friday to plan out the beginning of my diet and to smash some legs! Cutting will officially begin at 18 weeks out. I want to come into my first show with some super conditioning.
    Last edited by dogsofgold; 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM.

woot, nice... good luck.

Comment

Congrats on commiting to compete.
      I'm sure you'll do well especially with Rich on your side.
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats on deciding on giving it a try, the coimmitment and struggles are all worth it in the end.

Comment

that's great that you are going to compete! It must be exciting! good luck!
          "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Ah, the spring contest season prep begins already!! Tis the season to unveil a whole new physique!

Get after the new program and kick your cardio intensity up a bit. Train hard and keep it clean!
            **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
            **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
            WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
            http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
            http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Awesome !!! In for this one !!

Comment

nice Iam in too!

Comment

Alright! Finals are drawing to a close at school and this crazy autumn quarter will soon be done! 100% in this now!

Eating has been very clean the past few days.. will get a more detailed diet from Rich on Friday.

Back & Chest
                  A1 Decline Benchpress 60 x 13, 65 x 13, 70 x 10
                  A2 Bent-Over Bar Rows 65 x 12 x 10 x 8

B1 Incline DB Flys 15lb x 15 x 15 x 15 (getting platemates for Christmas yay! 20 is just a little too much on this one)
                  B2 Assisted Wide Pullups (15) x 12 x 11 x 10

C1 Assisted Dips (13) x 12 x 10
                  C2 Hammer Low Rows 27.5 x 12 x 10 x 9

Cardio - 30 minutes of 6mph on the elliptical (I'm officially exhausted from this one.. haven't done serious cardio since September hah)

Also, got back to downing more water. Took in about 1.5 gallons today.

Weight is officially 135 (up 2lbs from Thanksgiving feasting, whoops)

Comment

I feel like I'm losing my mind! School work is driving me up the wall right now. Only two days left of this madness. I have online assingments to do, but the stupid school shut the damn online website down from 9pm tonight until 6am tomorrow morning. I now have no clue when I am supposed to get this stuff done. Ok.. end rant. I'm going to smash some SERIOUS legs at the gym tomorrow and blow off some MAJOR steam! <3 weights

Shoulders and Arms

Standing Military Presses 30lb x 16 x 13 x 10
                    A1 - Wide Grip Bar Upright Rows 30lb x 15 x 12 x 12
                    A2 - Rear Delt Machine 30lb x 16, 32.5lb x 12 x 10
                    Standing DB Lateral Raises 10lb x 12 x 10 x 10, dropset to 5lb x 10
                    B1 - Close Grip Benchpress 60lb x 10 x 10 x 9 (failure)
                    B2 - Barbell Curls 35lb x 13, 40lb x 10 x 8
                    C1 - VBar Cable Pushdowns 55lb x 16, 60lb x 12
                    C2 - Across Chest Hammer Curls 15lb x 12 x 10

At some point about half way through my workout I started getting some abdominal pain that increasingly got worse throughout. Tried stretching myself out, but literally could not stretch my body all the way straight. Stupidly attempted cardio, got in about 8 minutes. Couldn't eat all afternoon, abdominal pain was Extremely intense. Finally felt better around 8pm tonight and ate fine. I have no clue what that was all about, but it was not fun!

Comment

Today is a good day. I am officially stress free from school, YAY!!!

Dropped the class that was giving me so many issues with time restraints. Will just do it over again next quarter or something. Finishing up my last take home test right now. Taking my last final at 11am today. And then I am DONE! Winter break YES!

Legs will be awesome tonight!

Comment

how are you done? I have another week, than finals week. =x

so much work, it's rediculous. I think I took all the extremely hard classes I could in my 1st semester as a grad student.. and I gotta do everything for my teaching assignment I have no idea how to do really, freaking sucks.

...aaannd once winter break comes, i gotta research - research thesises i can do + reformat my TA for the spring! lol your lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                          how are you done?
                          Because I'm a Law Enforcement Academy Track major and all my professors are cops or ex-cops of some kind. Haha. Most of the time they want to be there as little as we do, so they all did their finals a week early to have an extra week off. Good times!

Comment

lol I graduated, thank god

Though I'd go back in a heart beat, nothing like waking up at 1pm for 1 class, and then sleeping the rest of the day.

those were the days.
                            A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

ahh graduation... yeah that was nice... TO DAMN BAD I'm BACK IN SCHOOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X