DB Flat Bench ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Flat Bench ROM

After doing some warm up stretches with plates for my rotator cuff, I started off w/ some db flat bench this morning ... I was bringing the weight down till the inside weights of the db were touching my chest, then I would explode the weight back up - just short of locking out my elbows .... great stretch on every rep, and chest feels really good and sore already ...

anybody else use this range of motion or does the majority of people stop the db's once the elbows are parallel to the bench?
    jdouchebag for president

if im going lightweight yes and i tend to hold the weight at the bottom and contract the weight up and squeeze it at the top of the motion but if im going heavy i try not to spent too much time at the bottom of the motion due to the tendency of not being able to get the weight moving again

Comment

I use the same ROM with a pause and then explode up for heavy and light.

Comment

I always touch my chest with the dumbells. I am almost up to repping 70's baby. Thats right, i am a BIG BOY!

haha

Jdub

Comment

Originally posted by JDub
          I always touch my chest with the dumbells. I am almost up to repping 70's baby. Thats right, i am a BIG BOY!

haha

Jdub
          Hey yoru making progress so that's all that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by JDub
            I always touch my chest with the dumbells.
            I must go pretty wide then... my DB's can't touch my chest.. too far out.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              I must go pretty wide then... my DB's can't touch my chest.. too far out.
              Do you do elbows straight out to the side?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                Do you do elbows straight out to the side?
                Nope.. not totally straight.. I think I just have long arms

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  Nope.. not totally straight.. I think I just have long arms
                  Sounds like it then.

Comment

whatever you do, dont click/slam the weights together at the top of the rep. never do that when you can with DBs.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      whatever you do, dont click/slam the weights together at the top of the rep. never do that when you can with DBs.
                      i try to maintain control through each rep and keep them about 1" apart when I squeeze at the top
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        We can't at our gym, the ends are rubber! If you touch them a little too hard together then they bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                          We can't at our gym, the ends are rubber! If you touch them a little too hard together then they bounce back.
                          I've seen a guy who was doing that on purpose, basically going from a DB bench to flyes like that, however I feel bad for his shoulders the day he fucks that up.
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

yea when the click, even if its a small tap its a negative muscle shock sent thro the hands/forearms maybe even the bicep/tricep if you click them hard enough.. i see some people that practically get workouts clicking the weight at the top of the reps they click em so hard.

Comment

When I do flat bench db's they don't touch my chest either. I only only 5'8 but I have a 6'2-6'4 inch reach so there is no way they are touching my chest. I normally do barbell though for chest. I use to go all the way down to my chest with extremely heavy weight (at least for myself), but after hearing about EME screwing up his pec with moderate weight, I now try not to go all the way down to my chest on my last few sets, definitely when I am a bit fatigued. I stay about 1-2 inches above my chest and lock out.
                              Supplement King Representative
                              www.supplementkings.com

Moderator @ ironmass.com
                              Moderator @ supplementchat.com

Comment

Working...
                              X