This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travis71902
    So what do you think of this routine DDawg? Everyone seems to think it sucks, not that that matters since its working for me though. Any improvements I could make?

Monday:

Squat 3x8
    Dumbell Bench 3x8
    Barbell Row 3x8
    Barbell Curl 2x8
    Pullups 2xFailure

Wednesday:

Deadlift 3x8
    Military Press 3x8
    Lateral raises 3x8
    Flyes 3x8

Friday:

Squat 3x8
    Dumbell Bench 3x8
    Barbell Row 3x8
    Lying Tricep Ext. 2x8
    Pullups 2xFailure
    I find these full body routines interesting but still have not really formed an opinion on them. I personally don't see wher ethey really work that well even though others hav eseen good results.I did help a guy set up a 3x a week routine for powerlifting and it worked pretty good so it is possible.

I have 2 preferences for routines and that is the one like Mr. Aries and another like mine or even WS4SB. I ams till doing my reading of them a=to see how they exactly they are productive and their theory.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
      No that looks pretty good, what do you do for reps and sets?

Which looks good, keeping it the way it is, or taking out the incline? Reps and sets typically are as follows....

flat bench: 4 sets (12, 10, 6-8 range, 4-6 range)
      incline: 3 sets (8-10, 6-8, 4-6)
      Dips: 3 sets (8, 6-8, 6-8)
      Fly Machine: 3 sets (15, 12, 10)

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
        Which looks good, keeping it the way it is, or taking out the incline? Reps and sets typically are as follows....

maybe move the dips to triceps day?
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

That is a very nice writeup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff

Oops sorry, keeping it the way it is. You have higher reps for good volume and are keeping the sets in a decent range.

Comment

great read, thanks

Comment

5 ? Keep the elbows tucked and the bar directly over the wrists and elbows.

This is probably the most important aspect of great pressing technique. The elbows must remain tucked to keep the bar in a straight line as explained above. Keeping the elbows tucked will also allow lifters to use their lats to drive the bar off the chest. Football players are taught to drive their opponents with their elbows tucked, then explode through. This is the same for bench pressing. Bench pressing is all about generating force. You can generate far more force with your elbows in a tucked position compared to an "elbows out" position.
                The most important aspect of this is to keep the barbell in a direct line with the elbow. If the barbell is behind the elbow toward the head, then the arm position becomes similar to an extension, not a press.
                Wish I would have read this before I hurt my shoulder!!!!!
                i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

HST is the only full body workout i have tried and well i like it.

i like the rubber DB's cause thy dont make noise when ou drop them. atleast not as much noise as metal ones.

If i wanted to boost my bench. ( i dont really do BB bench anymore just dumbell) but lets say i wanted to gain strength back aside from JM presses and lock outs what should i do?
                  i already do yates rows and deadlifts( i DO need to thicken my back more) and work on the powerlifting benchpress form. back slightly arched, shoulder blades contracted, wide grip pulling apart the bar and all that. i figure ill finish this HST cycle 2 weeks left, then do a classic 5x5 so heavy you want to puke after a set cycle for another 6 weeks or so.

probably not the right place to post this

Comment

DAM this thread is F***in loading with good info..........!!
                    Faith is the substance of things hoped for......HEBREWS

Comment

i think that workout above is fine

although doing deads and squats on diff days might make it hard cuz ur gonna be really sore. just do em same day like me
                      Current LOGS
                      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...8#post12694688
                      http://forums.1fast400.com/?showtopi...0&#entry363619
                      http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...2042#post42042

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
                        So what do you think of this routine DDawg? Everyone seems to think it sucks, not that that matters since its working for me though. Any improvements I could make?

Monday:

Squat 3x8
                        Dumbell Bench 3x8
                        Barbell Row 3x8
                        Barbell Curl 2x8
                        Pullups 2xFailure

Wednesday:

Deadlift 3x8
                        Military Press 3x8
                        Lateral raises 3x8
                        Flyes 3x8

Friday:

Squat 3x8
                        Dumbell Bench 3x8
                        Barbell Row 3x8
                        Lying Tricep Ext. 2x8
                        Pullups 2xFailure
                        Just a thought. Why not as was said earlier, move some stuff so that you are getting concentration on the certain muscles rather than throwing full body each time out? Like, go chest/bi's monday, back/tri's wednesday, legs/shoulders friday. I say that, since you'll have direct impact exercises hitting the muscles plus you'll have the non-direct impact on the other days so you're muscles won't be "forgotten" on the other days. I do a similar routine to what I suggested, but I lift 4-5 times weekly on the average, so I hit them alittle more often. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, keep it up!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Shutup
                          What about having one hand regular, and one hand reversed?
                          Sounds like you'd lack stability. The ROM would be jacked too since one arm would bend one way and the other the opposite almost. Should leave the altered grip to deadlifts IMO.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Working...