Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pu12en12g, I have a question about your bulking diet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pu12en12g, I have a question about your bulking diet.

From what I've been reading at BB.com, did you seriously eat/drink nothing but Oats and Whey for majority of your meals?

If so, did you make some quality gains doing this?

Thanks.

Originally posted by -Aaron-
    From what I've been reading at BB.com, did you seriously eat/drink nothing but Oats and Whey for majority of your meals?

If so, did you make some quality gains doing this?

Thanks.
    Correct... not many people remember that my budget was VERY rough back in 2001-2005. I found that to survive and add any mass at the same time, I had to cut out the daily expenses, which are primarily food and transportation. I saved money on gas AND improved my conditioning by biking 9 miles to and from work every day.

I went with oats for calories (anabolic burst cycling) and whey was the cheapest complete protein per gram. I got the 32oz big yogurts when they were on sale, to aid digestion.

Last edited by pu12en12g; 11-13-2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Correct... not many people remember that my budget was VERY rough back in 2001-2005. I found that to survive and add any mass at the same time, I had to cut out the daily expenses, which are primarily food and transportation. I saved money on gas AND improved my conditioning by biking 9 miles to and from work every day.

I went with oats for calories (anabolic burst cycling) and whey was the cheapest complete protein per gram. I got the 32oz big yogurts when they were on sale, to aid digestion.

That actually sounds like me right now... Medical School, daily driving, working full-time, and studying, I barely have money for food, let alone gas.

From what I've been reading about on your log "War on Genetics", which is by far one of the best I've read, you were a skinny guy... Me on the other hand was quite the big guy and am wondering if experimenting with this would do well for me. I'm an endomorph by nature and supplement with Insulean K, among many CL products.

By the way, thanks for the speedy response.

-Aaron

Comment

..i really need to utilize my oats more. i got this meal plan for campus, and i get dependant on it...may not get one for the spring, my gf will be living w/ me and she cant eat on campus, so.. we'll seeee

Comment

What kind of diet were you doing with only oats? I am in college looking for something that will be cheap and easy to use in a dorm room. Oats seem like it would be do-able. I am just looking for a diet that I would be able to do in the dorms because the food here is just not doing it for me. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Comment

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/steelcutoats50lb.aspx

i blend them up and add to whey powder for a good meal replacement type shake that is cheap... still do it to this day sometimes... good for a postworkout shake too IMO

and a 50lb bag lasts a really really reallyl long time

Comment

Originally posted by whodey1
              What kind of diet were you doing with only oats? I am in college looking for something that will be cheap and easy to use in a dorm room. Oats seem like it would be do-able. I am just looking for a diet that I would be able to do in the dorms because the food here is just not doing it for me. Any info would be great. Thanks.
              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45

Comment

Oatmeal is awesome. I learn to nom nom it up.
                CONTROLLED LABS
                Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Do you stay on creatine all year around? And how many grams per day do you take?

Comment

Originally posted by red_guy View Post
                    Do you stay on creatine all year around? And how many grams per day do you take?
                    Yes, and I take 3-5 grams (I've experimented in the past with up to / around 20g)

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                      Yes, and I take 3-5 grams (I've experimented in the past with up to / around 20g)
                      Thanks. I have two more questions for you:

1. Which brand would you recommend for steel cut oats, Quaker or Azure Farm?
                      2. Do you know any websites that I can order them in bulk or maybe a store?
                      Last edited by red_guy; 01-28-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by red_guy View Post
                        Thanks. I have two more questions for you:

1. Which brand would you recommend for steel cut oats, Quaker or Azure Farm?
                        2. Do you know any websites that I can order them in bulk or maybe a store?
                        see my earlier post -- you can bu steel cut oats for like near 50$ for a 50lb bag

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                          see my earlier post -- you can bu steel cut oats for like near 50$ for a 50lb bag
                          ^^^^

Yep, and if shipping keep getting crazier.. check out your local food co-op, whole foods store, sometimes also listed under "natural foods" in the yellow pages.

Save your protein tubs (clean) to store the oats.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                            ^^^^

Yep, and if shipping keep getting crazier.. check out your local food co-op, whole foods store, sometimes also listed under "natural foods" in the yellow pages.

Save your protein tubs (clean) to store the oats.
                            honeyville grains ships anywhere in the US for 4.49 *very random number, yes, i know*

so for just around 55$ you get 50lb of steel cut oats
                            thats a steaalllll!! and 50lb lasts a good long time

Comment

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X