"Distended stomach" / avoiding a "distended stomach" when bulking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCWTRAINER
    Stomach vaccums are great because you can do them anywhere at any time without anyone ever knowing what you are doing (unless you make funny faces while doing it). I like to do them in the car or when sitting at my desk...
    Agree I travel alot so I do them while sitting on a flight or driving.....
    MY GREEN MAG LOG
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

I was reading this and realized that one of my main complaints was the distened midsection while bulking.

I do vaccums once in a while but what really helps out my midsection is focusing on compound exercises which help my core. I'm referring to exercises such as squats and deadlifts, but exercises such as front squats and clean and presses also hit the core quite well. Also jdiritto had something going on with the high protein consumption. I dont' count macros really but I know I consume more carbs than I do protein at the moment. That could benifit me also.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        /\/\ I notice when i drastically increase protein consumption I have more of a bloated feeling throughout the day.. the opposite is true when i drastic reduce it as well.

For me tho, if I tighten my abs the bloat/distended look disappears..its when im relaxed that its visible for the most part. hopefully by cutting this summer, and increase abdominal work I can reduce or eliminate this distend/bloat.
        This discribes me exactly! I always bloat it sucks!

I have tried the stomach vacuums, seemed to help when I was consistant. I'm going to start again.

Also for the person who asked you should be able to breathe while holding/tightening your muscles.
        What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

seems like you and I have somethings in common booty...

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            seems like you and I have somethings in common booty...
            Yes we do

Note: I started the stomach vacuums yesterday I did them for 12minutes while I was tanning. lol
            Last edited by Booty; 05-25-2006, 04:28 PM.
            What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

i think looking at the pro's and saying that thier distended stomaches come from when they eat high protein meals is pretty silly...
              imo, their distended stomachs come from all the GH and other shit they are on.

having a healthy bulking diet wont give u a distended gut - if ur just talking about ones stomache increasing in size, if ur bulking right u should be eating 6-8 meals a day.

though u will be eating more then most people, your stomach shouldnt be all that bigger (possible smaller) because though u eat more, its over several smaller meals so your stomach doesnt have to process/store as much food as what u would if u had 3 big meals.

Linaz, Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
                Yes we do

Note: I started the stomach vacuums yesterday I did them for 12minutes while I was tanning. lol
                No pics... no care...

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  No pics... no care...

j/k
                  OUCH

I'll have a pic for you sometime this evening! (not doing stomach vacuums)
                  What typos?

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
                    OUCH

I'll have a pic for you sometime this evening! (not doing stomach vacuums)
                    YAY! ...is it of ur booooty

okay i better stop now.

Comment

linaz -- your saying protein causes no bloat?

i know a lady i work with, her son started taking just solely whey to add mass (he was like 6'3' 175 - straight shredded but skinny and weak) and she said within 2-3 days he bloated and lost his abdominal defnintion..

Comment

bloated abd.

does this mean that once you bloat your stomach it will not go back in shape?
                        Originally posted by marlon
                        I think my thoughts on this have been influenced by someone else's theory but I can't think of who on the top of my head.

I think it has to do with today's increased emphasis on deadlifts and squats, most especially the deadlift. Back in the 70's and 80's deadlifts were not very popular, evident by the visible improvements we have made in our lower back and errector areas.

Because of these huge advancements in the lower back and errector areas, it "overpowers" and disturbs the proper balance between the abdominal muscles and the lower back. This, therefore, rounds out the abdominal wall and pushes the "gut" out.

And to add to this is the huge amounts of food bodybuilders consume. Bodybuilders are going to extreme lengths to eat more calories constantly stuffing themselves until they cannot have another bite. This overtime may stretch the abdominal fascia which does not shrink back to normal.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Hey cool info. Thanks.
                          + =

Comment

Working...
                          X