Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HST - Help me out bros

Hi guys.

I've been following a Push/pull/legs routine. On saturday I hurt my back doing squats. I'm blaming it on 1) being tired and still working out and 2) not warming up.

I've decided to take a week off, order a new cycle of supplements and start fresh. I've targeted HST for my routine. BULKING/SIZE is my goal. I've been lifting heavy for too long and I think I need to change it up to 8-10 reps. This HST seems like a good program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hst1b.htm

I was wondering what kind of warmups people do on HST?
    Would I be doing good if I use the routine listed above?

Any additional information on HST or a program that would reap the most benefits 'size-wize' would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you,
    Jon

The more I read about HST (forgive my arrogance), the more it seems this system would be sort of easy. It looks as if it's a Total body workout, 1-2 sets per bodypart 3 times per week. Am I missing something? Is this supposed to work well? PT I"m looking at you guru. I want to add SIZEE!!!!!!HUGGEEE! would this be my ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
      Hi guys.

I've been following a Push/pull/legs routine. On saturday I hurt my back doing squats. I'm blaming it on 1) being tired and still working out and 2) not warming up.

I've decided to take a week off, order a new cycle of supplements and start fresh. I've targeted HST for my routine. BULKING/SIZE is my goal. I've been lifting heavy for too long and I think I need to change it up to 8-10 reps. This HST seems like a good program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hst1b.htm

I was wondering what kind of warmups people do on HST?
      Would I be doing good if I use the routine listed above?

Any additional information on HST or a program that would reap the most benefits 'size-wize' would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you,
      Jon
      The routine in your link is somewhat different from the one on their site....
      where two workouts are alternated.

http://hypertrophy-research.com/maxstim/page3.html

Each Body part should be hit at least 2 times per week with at least 1 set of the primary movement and if needed 1 set of the secondary.

A typical implementation would be-

Monday and Thursday A routine,

Tuesday and Friday B routine, this can be arranged in any fashion depending on your training level or schedule.

Other examples;

3X week

Week 1

Monday-A

Wends-B

Fri-A

Week 2

Monday-B

Wends-A

Fri-B

2X week

Monday-A

Thursday-B
      Work Out A
      Follow the Exercise order, thigh and calf work may be put last if you prefer

Thighs-

Squat or Leg Press

Super set with Leg Ext or Sissy Squat (if desired)

Leg Curl

Super Set with SLDL or Good Morning (if desired)

Calves-

Standing Calve Raise

Superset with Donkey Calve Raise on Blocks (if desired)

Back-

Wide Grip Pronated Pull Up/Down

Bent BB Row to Bottom of Rib Cage or similar

Chest-

Flat Bench BB/Dips or DB Bench Press

Superset with Fly (if desired)

Shoulder-

Military Press or Shoulder DB Press

Superset with DB Incline Lateral Raise (if desired)

Traps, Rear Deltoid-

BB Laying Chin Row or Seated High Row

Superset with Prone or Bent Shoulder Lateral (if desired)

Workout B
      Thigh-

Squat or Leg Press

Super set with Leg Ext or Sissy Squat (if desired)

Leg Curl

Super Set with SLDL or Good Morning (if desired)

Calves-

Standing Calve Raise

Superset with Donkey Calve Raise on Blocks (if desired)

Back-

Narrow Grip Supinated Pull Up/Down

Bent BB Row narrow grip to beltline

Chest-

20 Degree BB or DB Bench Press

Superset with Incline Fly (if desired)

Shoulder-

Primary-Upright Row

Secondary-Superset with Upright Lateral Raise (if desired)

Traps, Rear Deltoid-

DB or BB Shrugs Seated or Standing

Superset with Laying or Bent Shoulder Lateral (if desired)
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
        The more I read about HST (forgive my arrogance), the more it seems this system would be sort of easy. It looks as if it's a Total body workout, 1-2 sets per bodypart 3 times per week. Am I missing something? Is this supposed to work well? PT I"m looking at you guru. I want to add SIZEE!!!!!!HUGGEEE! would this be my ticket?
        That's the key thing... bodybuilding is simple for the most part, just not EASY. One thing I have to constantly work on with clients is focusing on the MMC. For size = don't make heavy weight easy, make every weight / set as difficult as you can.

Comment

Thanks for the great info guys.
          One thing I'm confused about is the 15-10-5 scheme they do.

Do they mean:

week 1: 15 reps
          week 2: 10 reps
          week 3: 5 reps

or do you do it like: mon 15 reps, wed 10 reps, fri 5 reps?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            For size = don't make heavy weight easy, make every weight / set as difficult as you can.

hell yea man.. i always tell the kids interested in weight training how to enhance their exercises but making it harder/better...

my one class has 2 kids that fight me to the end about benching and keeping your elbows in/brining the arms straight down instead of flaring out.. (i believe solely because they can bench 2 plates + doing it the wrong way, doing it the right way they can barely bench a plate)

and their from philadelphia so their arrogant and annoying (think eagles fans)

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
              hell yea man.. i always tell the kids interested in weight training how to enhance their exercises but making it harder/better...

my one class has 2 kids that fight me to the end about benching and keeping your elbows in/brining the arms straight down instead of flaring out.. (i believe solely because they can bench 2 plates + doing it the wrong way, doing it the right way they can barely bench a plate)

and their from philadelphia so their arrogant and annoying (think eagles fans)
              You crack me up !!!111

Comment

Working...
              X