Glycer Grow and Green Mag log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeneas26
    Overall my intensity and strength are slowly improving. The GG is giving me good pumps, and I really hope to be able to start up the GM soon.
    Slow and steady for the win

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Slow and steady for the win

Sometimes patience is the hardest thing about lifting. I get really down sometimes about how much strength I lost in my legs. Regardless of how I feel, this is where I am, so I will keep grinding.

Diet is in check

Supps are definitely in flux the last two days. I forgot to take GG before my workout b/c I had to workout in the afternoon so I could take my kids trick or treating. Beofre I get too sloppy, I am going to have to sit down and recommit to the proper timing of my supps.

Squat 120x5x3
      My form was good, and the weight wasn't too hard. I am going to keep going up by 5 lbs a session until I feel my form is suffering. I did one squat this last time with bad form, and my knee let me know immediately. I had too much weight on the balls of my feet. Aside from that all went well.

Bench 145x5x3

I think I put 155 in my last log by mistake. I will have to edit that out. I was going fine until my last lift on my last set and I got completely stuck. That was no good.

Pendlay rows 145x5x3

Form was a little shaky on a few of the reps.

Oveall it was not a good workout, I really had to force myself to lift, just didn't have my usual verve.

Comment

Supps: Still not on target. I think a lot of my problem might be that I am doubting how much I need GG without GM. Regardless I will be more disciplined

Diet: In check, and I discovered a good trick for eating cottage cheese. I am sure everyone else knows this, but I just put a little bit of sugar free jello into my cottage cheese last night and it tastes great. This is a big improvement for me.

Squat 130x5x3
        These went pretty well. Last couple of ones were a little hard. I will keep on increasing the weight by 5 lbs.

Military press 105x5 105x4 105x4
        I will stick with this weight until I can knock out three sets of five. For some reason, this is the lift I want to increase the most. I am going to have to think of some good short term and long term goals for this lift, because I really want to be able to get some good weight up.

Pullups 8xbw 7xbw 5xbw
        This is a substitution for one set of deadlifts b/c my knee and my lower back felt really tired. I wasn't going to risk screwing something up, and it is really easy for me to get sloppy with deadlift form.

Abs

Overall my workout was much better than the last. My energy was ok, and my desire was pretty high. One thing I wish I could incorporate into my supplement regimen was some type of stimulant to help energy and focus, but I lift late at night and I don't want to compromise my sleep.

Comment

Sometimes patience is the hardest thing about lifting. I get really down sometimes about how much strength I lost in my legs. Regardless of how I feel, this is where I am, so I will keep grinding.

Comment

Supps are in check- I am thinking about starting GM up again and see if I am still having any kidney pain.

Diet: Is going ok, although I had one meal an hour later than usual today.

Workout: squat 135x5x3
            My knee is on fire right now, although it didn't hurt at all when I was doing squats. However I did trip on my way up the stairs (big thanks to my son for leaving his wheelies on the stairs) and I am really hurting. I might have to take Wednesday off, then again, I really hope not.

Bench Press 145x5x3
            I tore through these. Good form, no problems at all

Pendlay rows 135x5x3
            I worked through these pretty easily.

Overall it was a great workout. I had good energy and felt strong in all of my lifts.

Comment

Supps: Just picked up some PW, I am excited to try that. Aside from that, everything is on course

Diet: In check

Squats 140x5x3

Military Press 105x5x3

Pullups BW 8x3

Comment

Supps: In check, still not taking GM, but I did pick up some PW.
                Diet: Ok, but yesterday I fell asleep before I ate my cottage cheese for the night

Squats 145x5x3
                These went well

BP 1150x5x3
                These were pretty easy except for the last one

Pull ups
                BW 8x1 7x1 5x1

It was a good workout, I think the PW helped as I am not sore at all today. My knee is really hurting today, but that is to be expected every now and then. The weather is changin and it is getting colder, so that might have a lot to do with it. Once I run through my multi I am thinking of trying OT, but I will have to think about that one.

Comment

diet: in check
                  supps: the same, I am still not on GM, but I am taking PW, and wow

Squats: 150x5x3
                  Not too hard at all

Military press 110x5x3
                  Didn't get stuck, which is unusual for this lift, last couple of times I have had to stick on the same weight for two workouts

pullups BW6x3

PW is simply amazing. It has noticably improved my endurance and allowed me to easily get through my workouts. PW has already become a staple for me, I won't workout without it again.

Comment

Diet: It was a little so-so. My water consumption was a little low, and I was lacking about 300 calories yesterday. I didn't miss a meal, I just didn't eat quite enough.

Supps: In check, although I still need to get to the doc to check out the source of my kidney pain

Lifts:

Squats 155x5x3

PW is great, after every rep I keep expecting to feel tired, and I just don't. It has a huge effect on my lifts.

Bench Press 155x5x3

These were hard although I suspect some of my problem was my form. I don't think I was holding the bar properly.

Rows

135x5x3

ab work

Comment

Diet: Way off the last few days. I have been sick, and that has really slowed me down, but no matter I will keep on grinding.

Supps: Been holding off due to illness

Workout: I was so weak it wasn't much of a workout.

Squat 135x5x3

Military Press

115x2 115x5 115x3

This was weird, but I just didn't have much energy and I felt really weak. So I did what I could

Pullups
                      BWx3x4

This was one of those days where I lifted just to keep in the habit of lifting. I did not feel well, so this was more of an exercise in discipline than in bodybuilding. I am starting to feel better, so I am sure Monday's workout will be great.

I am buying an elliptical machine sometime this week. It will be nice to be able to do cardio in my basement. Since I am trying to get up to 225, I won't be doing a ton of cardio, but I will do it once or twice a week.

Comment

Supps and diet are way off, I just haven't been disciplined like I need to be.

Squats: 160x5x3

BP 160x4
                        160x4
                        160x3

I didn't have a spotter, so I was hesitant to puch too hard for fear of getting stuck.

Rows 140x5x3
                        These were really crisp

I need to do a better job eating, and with my supp timing. It was just a couple of bad days. A few bad days won't be a killer, just time to right the ship.

Comment

I need to do a better job eating, and with my supp timing. It was just a couple of bad days. A few bad days won't be a killer, just time to right the ship.
                          Keep on keepin on !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X