View Poll Results: how many protein shakes do you drink per day?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll

24 13.11%

57 31.15%

62 33.88%
  • 4 or more

40 21.86%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: how many protein shakes per day?

1 shake a day for me
    I fill up a full shaker cup with 2 scoops of Gasparis myofusion and fat free milk.
    Im only 160lbs
    Proper food intake is just as important as the shakes keep you full were you dont want to eat and not a good thing for me.
    I try to take mine post work out.

Quote Originally Posted by tsifreak View Post
    1 shake a day for me
    I fill up a full shaker cup with 2 scoops of Gasparis myofusion and fat free milk.
    Im only 160lbs
    Proper food intake is just as important as the shakes keep you full were you dont want to eat and not a good thing for me.
    I try to take mine post work out.
    I usually take in 2 daily. One Post workout and one pre-bed. When it comes to my whey protein, I get whats the cheapest. Right now I using Lipotropic by LG Science.
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

I use ON whey and casein. I have GGS post and drink a mix off casein, whey and steel cut oats, in between meals.

I blend the oats to a fine powder and it mixes well in the with the protein and water. I got that from Jdiritto a while ago.

2 or 3... 1 as soon as I wake up, 1 post work out and maybe another in the afternoon/evening depending on the timing of my meals.

4-5 shakes per day here...morning, pre-workout, post-workout and before bed and sometimes one in the middle of the night. but I take a total of 6 shakes a day, 2 shakes that has 50gm of protein and the other 4 has 60gms, 2 mass gainers and 4 protein shakes
    Last edited by semiferger; 02-23-2010 at 06:11 AM.

You find your weight in KG first. So you take your weight in lbs and divide by 2.2 and this gives you your weight in KG. Remember this number! If you dont work out at all, have a slow life you multiply it by .8 , if you workout and are trying to stay thin/lean you multiply it by 1.4, if you workout and are trying to build some size

I usually take 2 to 3 shakes per day, One with breakfast and one post-workout and sometimes as one of my 6 meals if i am short on time

3 a day

post workout
    mid day mix it in with my smoothie choc fruit smoothie
    before bed

Love ON proteins

If your worrying about how many protein shakes a day you should be aiming for you should probably pay a bit more attention to learning about nutrition. I agree, a protein shake after a workout is a given, but at all other times you should be getting your protein through your foods. I understand protein shakes come in handy if you miss a meal or whateva but just because the protein container says 4 shakes a day doesnt mean it's necessary
    Last edited by jazz2903; 07-20-2011 at 08:38 AM.

1 on training days. Non training days its all real food.

Currently using generic bulk unflavoured acid whey (for the high immunoglobin content), but will give Golden Gains a good blast next month.
    Higher Conciousness through Heavier Weights

I usually have one mid day and one post workout. I try to get the rest of my protein for the day from my diet. If I'm short for the day, I'll improvise with an evening shake.
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

I generally have 1 scoop of Met-RX (Ultramyosyn Whey) upon waking, and 1 scoop immediately after a workout.

Workout days= I have a 2 scoop Syntha-6 shake mixed with 1/2 cup raw oats for breakfast and 1- 2 scoop shake of GNC Amplifyed Wheyabolic extreme 60 post workout
    Non workout days= I have a 2 scoop Syntha-6 shake mixed with 1/2 cup raw oats for breakfast and 1 Met-Rx protein plus bar in the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic Foam View Post
    This is really such a nice information..it is very helpful to everyone even me!!!Thanks for this keep update!!
    Always here to help!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Thread Information