next up:

pull downs
    cable rows
    shrugs
    more rows

cardio:

30 yard car pushes
    Used a 2002 Toyota 4Runner (SUV)

Pushed it forward up a 5% hill 3 times, then backwards twice... OUCH!!!
    LOL did you take a break in between your workout to post this?

Comment

where did you manage to do the car pushes? thats one vid we have to see hahaha

absolute beast

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas68
        where did you manage to do the car pushes? thats one vid we have to see hahaha

absolute beast

I push that with my workout partner(s) (both linebackers) in an empty school parking lot.

Yesterday only one of them was around so we ended up resting less and hurting more
        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

That sounds like fun. When I was putting in my pond I use to take my wheel barrow that was filled with rock or curt and push and pull it around the street and yard.

I want to get both of these:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=257&pid=1006

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&cid=257&pid=8

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            That sounds like fun. When I was putting in my pond I use to take my wheel barrow that was filled with rock or curt and push and pull it around the street and yard.

I want to get both of these:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=257&pid=1006

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&cid=257&pid=8

one of the linebackers (drew) made this sled out of tires and a rope... that stuff is ridiculous to drag on grass... .
            www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Insane workouts man!!! Where do you live/train? What level of football are your friends playing at? I'll be watching this log to learn how to train like an animal!

Comment

Originally posted by rcp197inIZ
                Insane workouts man!!! Where do you live/train? What level of football are your friends playing at? I'll be watching this log to learn how to train like an animal!

I live in TEXAS baby!!!!!!!!!

My friends play either IA or IIA football, not sure.. They are both awesome and their work ethic is insane. We are seriously training like animals and with me so depleted all the time, it sure as heck ain't easy!

Soon we'll begin swimming pool training sessions where we do all the exercises in water: running in water, high-stepping in water..

Also coming up are plyometric cardio sessions and kick-boxing workouts for cardio.

I aim to be an all-around athlete who can grasp any concept and perform at acceptable levels fast.

Oh yes, on my team is also an aspiring amateur boxer. He's about to turn pro.
                Last edited by Mr. Aries; 06-16-2006, 01:32 PM.
                www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                  I live in TEXAS baby!!!!!!!!!

My friends play either IA or IIA football, not sure.. They are both awesome and their work ethic is insane. We are seriously training like animals and with me so depleted all the time, it sure as heck ain't easy!

Soon we'll begin swimming pool training sessions where we do all the exercises in water: running in water, high-stepping in water..

Also coming up are plyometric cardio sessions and kick-boxing workouts for cardio.

I aim to be an all-around athlete who can grasp any concept and perform at acceptable levels fast.
                  Nice, did that last weekend, good thing I had my floaties on so my head was above water. Yeh I still remember your comment from yesterday!

Comment

one of the linebackers (drew) made this sled out of tires and a rope... that stuff is ridiculous to drag on grass... .
                    I should go get a couple, I so have a sled (my kids) and a couple bags of crushed rock I could use. Have you ever ran with a parachute?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                      Nice, did that last weekend, good thing I had my floaties on so my head was above water. Yeh I still remember your comment from yesterday!

next time try to stick to a pool more shallow than the 4' one you used and you won't have to need a floatie to stay above water
                      www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

today is the first day in about 4 weeks that I truly had a complete day off from weight training and cardio..

It has been very stressful for me lately and the low carb dieting has not helped.. I feel the stress weighing me down and it's starting to affect me mentally and emotionally.. I can feel my anger flaring up and going back down again at random times, and I really am stretching myself a bit thin than I intended to.

Tonite I just sat and relaxed. Drove over to the house of the head of my church and enjoyed a nice evening of movie-watching with him and his family. We watched Pink Panther and I enjoyed laughing my butt off silly.His family was good company.

On my way home it was complete darkness and I wondered if all the sacrifices of the last few years have been worth it. Professionally and fitness-wise, I've invested a lot of time and energy, not to mention all the blood, sweat and tears taht comes with the territory when you dedicate yourself to a dream of success..

Tonite, in the darkness driving home with no one else on the road, I realized that I am still in the game because like any young man should, I still have something to prove.. I want to stand up for the little guys in the world, guys who are struggling in their lives with limited opportunities because they haven't quite been blessed enough to have things land in their laps. I want to fight for them, and set a good example that you can indeed be a self-made man with little support and outside help.

It's ever more important to me as I come closer to my dreams. Inside, I'm still just as passionate, maybe even more so now that I'm seeing the fruits of my labor. I have not forgotten where I come from, and for that my eyes are completely focused on where I'm going. I want the world to see that someone coming from a limited background can indeed rise to be the cream of the crop..

My ambitions are big.. I have big dreams.. THey are not all fitness-related, nor are they all financially-related.. Step by step, right guys? Talk is cheap, so we'll just have to see how things unveil themselves to me and the world in the next few years..

tomorrow is cheat day, and back on my workouts.. I believe it's chest/abs day, along with some serious football cardio at nite..
                        www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Your previous post just compounds my already mt. everest level of respect for you bro.

Josh
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

On my way home it was complete darkness and I wondered if all the sacrifices of the last few years have been worth it. Professionally and fitness-wise, I've invested a lot of time and energy, not to mention all the blood, sweat and tears taht comes with the territory when you dedicate yourself to a dream of success..
                            Look at it this way... your current lifestyle is what most of the bodybuilding community DREAMS about but will never achieve.... to actually have a job / career with purpose and meaning.... to actually make a decent living by helping others:

live better...
                            feel better...
                            perform better...
                            look better...

You already have a legacy and you aren't done yet !!

Last edited by pu12en12g; 06-17-2006, 03:51 AM.

Comment

My respect and admiration just hit a new level for you man. You are what bodybuilding needs as a role model!!!

Comment

tomorrow is cheat day, and back on my workouts.. I believe it's chest/abs day, along with some serious football cardio at nite..

hey, speaking of cheat day.. talk about banana cream chocolate fudge cake pie.... and pizza.. and fettuccini and cream sauce.. i haven't eaten icecream for 8 months, and it's all ruined now.. i can feel it... 8|

Comment

Working...
                                X