What are your Thoughts on Pyruvate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your Thoughts on Pyruvate

I like to scroll through different ingredients that are foreign to me and this is yet another.

Has anyone ever taken it? results? like it?
    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

pyruvate acid is an end product in glycolysis and is used for energy through oxidative metabolism... unsure if its usefulness as a supplement

Comment

Bodybuilding.com reasoning.

Comment

thats basically what I said... just they used more detail and random info on it..

i guess if it is stable (ie combined with a salt) it is a good supplement as it will increase ATP production through oxidiation (krebbs cycle)

at the same time it could be bad, as ATP levels remain constant (very low, but with rapid turnover rates after degradation) - using a supplement to increase it's production through oxidation may reduce your bodies natural production.. ?

.. course, not many consider the possible negatives of supplementation prior to beginning use -- go for it! it'll increase energy lol

Comment

I don't really need it. Just like to hear peoples thoughts on it.

Comment

fyi: lactate (lactic acid) provides more energy than pyruvate -- as the lactate is required to shuttle pyruvate from the cyosotol into the mitochondria where it can than begin the krebbs cycle (aerobic oxidation)

w/o lactate, pyruvate cant pass the mitochondrias double membrane walls -- the acid which everyone believe is bad (due to the soreness) in reality is supremely beneficial as the link between glyoclyitic (anaerobic) and oxidative (aerobic) metabolisms

more to come next week after class. haha

Comment

Working...
            X