DDawg's Road to the Monster Muscle Raw Bench Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddawg91
    Actually I do legs with back. My first exercise is a compound for back and legs such as deads and olympic lifts. I use to have a seperate day for legs but decided to change things up a bit and replace my old leg day with a conditioning/ GPP day.
    so you put legs and bak on the same day? thats crazy talk!!!! lol j/k

Comment

Originally posted by LiGymRatt
      so you put legs and bak on the same day? thats crazy talk!!!! lol j/k
      Yep, and I love it!

Comment

ME Day 11-19-07

Back/Bis/Rear Delts
        *does not include warmup sets

Exercise Training Log

1. Deadlift [ 3 Sets ]
        2x405|1x455|1x455

2. Barbell Snatch [ 4 Sets ]
        6x135|6x155|6x155|6x165

3. Ghetto Glute Ham Raise [ 4 Sets ]
        6xBW|6xBW|6xBW|6xBW

4. Cable 21s [ 3 Sets ]
        21x8|21x9|21x9

5. Rear Cable Fly [ 3 Sets ]
        12x20|12x20|12x20

Workout Time:
        10:00 AM

General Feelings:
        Good energy and mood all day, not too much to report as I stayed home with the family and relaxed.

Workout:
        Tried to make up for missing a workout on Thanksgiving day as the gym will be closed. Felt really strong but lifted conservatively as to not chance any injuries as time gets loser for my contest. Felt more explosion and strength out of the bottom for deads and more explosive for snatches.

Conditioning:
        None

Comment

DE Day 11-20-07

Chest/ABs

Exercise Training Log

1. Speed Bench [ 3 Sets ]
          3 Grips x 3reps @ 185 + mini bands

2. Push Press [ 3 Sets ]
          10x185|10x185|10x185

3. Tate Press [ 3 Sets ]
          10x85|10x95|10x120

4. JM Press on Hammer Row Machine [ 3 Sets ]
          12x100ea|10x145ea|10x145ea

Workout Time:
          3:00 PM

General Feelings:
          Pretty busy day getting ready for my grandpa’s funeral and viewing. I am handling the loss much better and am able to focus more and not be consumed by the loss.

Workout:
          I really hate working out in the afternoon on a full stomach, but due to the schedule of things I had to. Was really impressed with my speed workout today, probably one of the best ones I have had in a very long time. Every set was very explosive and powerful.

Minimal rest was needed between sets and very little fatigue.

Conditioning:
          Sprints.

Comment

ME Day 11-23-07

Chest/ABs

Exercise Training Log

1. Flat Bench [ 3 Working Sets ]
            2x425|1x475|1x505

2. DB Flat Bench [ 3 Sets ]
            6x140|6x150|2x170

3. Hammer Incline Press [ 3 Sets ]
            6x160ea|6x185ea|6x15

4. DB Front Raise [ 3 Sets ]
            10x25|10x25|10x205ea

Workout Time:
            7:00 AM

General Feelings:
            Had some very bad dreams about my Grandpa and other things, very restless sleep. Woke up not motivated or even feeling that great, I did get some nice energy and better mood after breakfast and some venting to my mom.

After my workout I did have to move all my grandpa’s belongings out of his house. So basically me and my brother moved all the furniture by ourselves including a piano, desk, file cabinet, and 2 safes (all full). I somehow managed to injure my index figure to the point I could not bend it without severe pain and strained my peck somehow.

Workout:
            Not a good start to my last serious workout before my contest, I just over evaluated each press and ended up expending a lot of extra energy that could have been used better. Plus my palm is still causing some issues and hurting but was more bearable today.

The rest of the workout went really well and even was nice to toss around the 170Lb DBs for a few reps. I stopped at 2 just to play it safe and not risk injury, plus they were also hard to hold due to my palm issue.

All workouts next week will be just to keep blood in the muscles, conditioning, and some rehab. Thursday and Friday will be off days and Saturday is the big day. I am planning my lifts and follows for the contest. Open with 435, 2nd lift will be 475, 3rd will be 495 and if I get a 4th it will be 515.

Conditioning:
            Moving furniture!

Comment

Well 2 more days to the contest, tomorrow is travel and then on Saturday it is LFH (Lift Fing Huge!) time.

This week was deload week and just keep the blood in the muscles and a lot of hot tub time.

Last edited by ddawg91; 11-30-2007, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                Well 2 more days to the contest, tomorrow is travel and then on Saturday it is LFH (Lift Fing Huge!) time.

This week was deload week and just keep the blood in the muscles and a lot of hot tub time.

Tear the place up !!!

Comment

Good Luck Bud!!!

Comment

Contest Day
                    Results:
                    The day started off a little nerve racking as I had no one to lift off for me but then I found a guy that would. Well needless to say that he had to bail and leave so that left me right back to where I was. Well warm up time came and still no one to lift off for me. Well I ran into the guy who owned the gym/ store and he said he would and I ended up handing off for him as well (he lifted right before me).
                    Well what can I say, I made my lifts but for some odd reason I could not keep my butt on the bench. I have never had this problem except this contest. A few guys did notice that I was not setup the same as I was in warm-up. This really ate at me the rest of the weekend and I might have more of an answer. When I lift heavy on my own I will lift my butt to help me unrack and rack the weight. So I think this with me not getting my legs tucked as I normally do and less of an arch played into the whole picture.
                    I had plenty of power and each lift was real easy (I stayed at my opener of 435 for each just so I could focus on getting one good lift, which did not happen) I just could not keep my butt planted.

I did have a awesome time and the guys at Mosnter Muscle run one awesome contest. I met a great bunch of people and look forward to the next contest!

Comment

couldnt you get a big strap and strap your waist around the bench, so it's pretty much impossible to lift your butt off? would look diff, but uh, it'd work.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        couldnt you get a big strap and strap your waist around the bench, so it's pretty much impossible to lift your butt off? would look diff, but uh, it'd work.
                        LOL I only wish! Not too worried about it, won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                        X