Magnesium, Multivitamins, and Muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnesium, Multivitamins, and Muscles

Being on Green MAGnitude right now, I have been wondering for the past few days about magnesium. Not only is there added magnesium in the formula, but also in the form of MCC - magnesium bonded with creatine (chelate).

I was also reading my multi vitamin formula, which IMO is one of the most important supplements anyone, especially bodybuilders, can take. It drives me nuts when I see people buying the cheap-o drug store brand. These might work for a regular individual, but for us bodybuilders we can't cut corners when it comes to vitamins and minerals. In my opinion, it's one of the most important aspects of our supplemental regiment and should NOT be considered lightly or cheaply.

For multi vitamins, I use the EcoGreen (NOW), because it contains Green tea, Spirulina, and Ginseng ... it also contains many other anti oxidants. Orange TRIad is another wonderful multivitamin.

--
    Magnesium
    So while reading my multi vitamin (which I take 1-2 a day), and my Green MAG, I realized I was taking 150-200% of my Daily value of magnesium. Being ignorant of what it was, what purpose it served, I googled and this is what it came up with.

Magnesium is an essential mineral for human nutrition.

Magnesium in the body serves several important metabolic functions. It plays a role in the production and transport of energy. It is also important for the contraction and relaxation of muscles. Magnesium is involved in the synthesis of protein, and it assists in the functioning of certain enzymes in the body.

Toxic symptoms from increased magnesium intake are not common because the body eliminates excess amounts. Magnesium excess almost always occurs only when magnesium is supplemented as a medication.
    So, this is an excellent, overlooked mineral. No wonder it was put into the GM formula.

According to MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia, the recommendation for an adult male is *400 milligrams*.

Let's take a look at how much I am consuming per day:
    350mg * Green MAGnitude
    50mg * Multi vitamin

So there is the RECOMMENDED magnesium intake for an adult in my 2 supplements. But I'm no ordinary adult, I'm a weight lifter!

The magnesium chelated to the creatine, I don't count. And I beleive the magnesium in food would not contribute to stomach irritation as it is natural occuring and not supplemented.

Final Thoughts

I beleive Magnesium is an essential HEALTHY mineral that can really help performance, and is overlooked by the supplement community. By taking Green MAGnitude and a standard multivitamin, you are able to reap the benefits of magnesium without getting toxic high levels, which would cause basically a stomach ache.

We need to get you some Orange TABS... after 2 to 3 weeks you will never consider a different multi.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      We need to get you some Orange TABS... after 2 to 3 weeks you will never consider a different multi.
      Hells yeah, I've been wanting to try them, waiting till my current supply runs out!

Comment

the magnesium listed on the green mag container is from the mcc, there is no additional added
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
          the magnesium listed on the green mag container is from the mcc, there is no additional added
          oh i see! good info, thanks tank!

Comment

Working...
          X