Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 serving green magnitude, 35 grams Waxy Maize Starch, 70 grams Whey isolate

then eat a low GI carb with a lean protein 1.5 hours later

Comment

70g whey isolate.... ?? do you weigh 400lb? or more?

treat your kidneys right (before its too late), cut that in half (or more)

Comment

a prolonged intake of protein like that will hurt someone but 70g pwo is the most protein i take in at one sitting during any day.

Comment

right..

...You know how I know your from jersey?

Comment

oh please. you're a college student just like me cool your jets guy

so even if ur saying take in less than half that so 30g protein pwo....right....so thats pretty much sayin dont take in more than 35g protein in a sitting...how would u like me to get big doing this??? It's eat big to get big

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseyfury2
              you're a college student just like me cool your jets guy

... bad choice of words ..

I am a college student that teaches weight training classes to undergraduates while obtaining a masters in the exercise sciences and in the next 2-3 months I will be a ceritifed personal trainer (NSCA, not some weak organization)

After that I will be a certified strength and conditioning coach (NSCA again - before may 09 (graduation)) in which I will problaly continue on in Kinesiology with a doctoral program, hopefully while working as an assistant STR/COND coach (or still teaching weight training classes--pays great)

if I do not continue with my current focus in kinesiology, I will more than likely shift gears to some kind of sports nutrition program, so that I can be a certified PT, CSCS, and dietician/nutritionist... plus maybe a masters level certified sport psychology consultant..

so yeah -- what are your goals as a college student that is just like me? Did you just get a scholarship for being the academic standout in your post-grad dept in exercise/sport sciences ? do you get paid to go to school?

IMO -- consume no more than 30-40g protein in one sitting (based on weight) -- spread it out longer in smaller doses so your body constantly draws protein from your diet, rather than being overwhelmed at once. it's the same as alcohol in theory -- a drink every night is good for you, 15 drinks (ala binge drinking) in one night is not.

eat big to get big, don't OD your kidneys on protein trying to get big. would you drink a protein shake while eating a can of tuna, cause that is pretty the amount of protein you are consuming post workout... (hopefully you said no)

more realisitically, put it this way : "Eat smart to get big" or you could even rephrase it "Eat smart to get lean"

...of course, i'm just a college kid trying to get by... but it is this passion and desire that will get me where I want to one day.. and of course, it does not hurt I am building my future around training. I consider it a twopher

... and how in the world will a prolonged intake of lesser protein doses compared to fewer mega-doses of protein hurt someone?! please elucidate upon that thought

BALL OUT TIL U FALL OUT / end rant
              Last edited by jiritt0; 04-08-2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

wow many u got some insecurity issues u need to deal with bro.
                I'm a student that is going to go to villanova university for finance and then to upenn's wharton grad school. i'm determined myself. Yea, i understand what ur saying with protein intake per sitting. Yea, people that eat like that stay the same size mostly for long periods of time. And don't tell me wrong choice of words....u didnt know my point of what i was trying to say so stfu. and i dont care if you're nsca certified....whoopdie doo

Comment

Stick to finance, leave the exercise sciences to those that understand such. (wouldn't want to go to a marine-biologist if you needed an accountant to help with your taxes would you?)

and FYI: I wrote bad choices of words, it wasn't the wrong choice, it was just a bad choice (maybe you should stop skipping your english gen.eds.?)

goodluck getting into UPenn, I am sure a sophisticaed man like yourself won't have any problem at all...
                  Last edited by jiritt0; 04-08-2008, 03:23 PM.

Comment

so with 30g protein or so per meal...u want to eat every 2 hours or so...thats maybe 8 times a day....so 240g protein a day.....good luck gaining on that. Just because you're in school doesn't mean you know it all...you're in there for kinesiology...not nutrition.

Come to think of it....how do you know that 70g is too much for me? I never gave stats...not in this section at least. I never said if i was on an anabolic that would enhance my protein turnover, I never said if I was on anything....what if I was? Good job not assesing the situation correctly Mr. Grad student

Comment

research is mixed on the affects of steroids/phs on protein turnover rate -- it really is variable across different forms

Comment

this is dumb im not gonna argue with you man, you wanna power trip with your degree in progress go ahead but im done here.

Comment

fyi:

at 215pd, and 3.5kg protein per pd of bodyweight, your daily total would be 342grams.

8meals at 40grams intake = 320gram (pretty close)

The take home message is that protein consumption is a key factor in strength and size adaptations from resistance training and an intake of 1.7g/kg a day rising up to a possible 3.5g/kg during intense microcycles in order to reap maximum gains from resistance training.

Comment

Just because he is a finance major doesn't make him less knowledgeable than others in the field. I know tons more about nutrition and the whole nine yards than people who actually major in it. Hell, I even proved my Nutrition professor wrong yesterday in class.

No need to brag/rant about ones self on the board.

Kineisiology is a whole different world from Nutrition.

BTW: I do not agree with 70 grams of protein PWO.I wouldn't exceed 50, thats just me though.

Comment

i did go overboard, i will give you that ... yesterday was a moody-weird day for me, you can get one of them a month as a man right?

what it boils down to is that I don't take kindly to be called out that I am just like anyone (no two people are alike in my eyes). I am extremely individualistic and will admit I am just as narcissistic (I would rather say over-confident ?) ..... he said some words and i flipped on my asshole switch

I do agree with you that kines is not nutrition – I am torn between a kines, sports nutrition, or coaching doctorate, all 3 fit perfectly in line with my interests

I am sorry for the ranted/ahole thread.. ... but I hope the other post(s) relating to the issue of protein intake are taken into consideration

Comment

its actually 60g now that i take in from ON Pro Complex pwo. yea. nice rant though

Comment

Working...
                                X