This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    Granola bar immediately postworkout and a whey shake as soon as possible. My post-workout currently isn't "optimal", but my pre-workout is pretty solid.

Always looking to improve it.
    I find that I'm the same way, my preworkout nutrition is down to a science, but my postworkout is more just 'getting it in'. I recently dropped the post-workout dextrose in an attempt to gauge it's effect on glycogen levels as it relates to ketosis. Many ckd'ers swear by a post-workout insulin spike to not only shuttle nutrients but also to some extent to refill muscle glycogen, however I am finding that there appears to be VERY little difference strengthwise and recoverywise so far without the dextrose. More on this later I'm sure.
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
      I find that I'm the same way, my preworkout nutrition is down to a science, but my postworkout is more just 'getting it in'. I recently dropped the post-workout dextrose in an attempt to gauge it's effect on glycogen levels as it relates to ketosis. Many ckd'ers swear by a post-workout insulin spike to not only shuttle nutrients but also to some extent to refill muscle glycogen, however I am finding that there appears to be VERY little difference strengthwise and recoverywise so far without the dextrose. More on this later I'm sure.
      Can't wait to hear more about that.

My PWO shake is 48g OH Whey and 60g Dextrose (usually).

Comment

i think 99% of high glycemic carbs are bullshit
        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
          i think 99% of high glycemic carbs are bullshit
          Agreed... they are certainly convenient, but unnecessary at a "certain point". Usually that point is when someone wants pure, lean, optimal gains and the "insulin response" doesn't require dex / malto.

Comment

when are you gonna stop bulking PU?
            www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Agreed... they are certainly convenient, but unnecessary at a "certain point". Usually that point is when someone wants pure, lean, optimal gains and the "insulin response" doesn't require dex / malto.
              I am that someone.... please enlighten me pu12... I just ordered 4 more lbs of dextrose... was that a mistake?!?

Comment

Originally posted by boyscouT™
                I am that someone.... please enlighten me pu12... I just ordered 4 more lbs of dextrose... was that a mistake?!?

you are still pretty light.. wait until you have grown into that body of yours.

for now, you should still use dextrose post workout.
                www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

When I go back off of CKD (probably around the 250 mark for a bit) I'm going to go with 2 scoops AI Elvis + 1/2 cup oat powder, I feel that the insulin response would not be as 'spiked' but that the nutrient shuttling will still be effective. Your thoughts?

Josh
                  Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                    When I go back off of CKD (probably around the 250 mark for a bit) I'm going to go with 2 scoops AI Elvis + 1/2 cup oat powder, I feel that the insulin response would not be as 'spiked' but that the nutrient shuttling will still be effective. Your thoughts?

Josh

glucophase from DS
                    www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

when are you gonna stop bulking PU?
                      Goal was 260lbs... but with you and Ddawg as inspiration I am focusing more on the mirror and less on the scale... with decent results so far.

Next up: Controlled RECOMP

Comment

Originally posted by boyscouTâ„¢
                        Long term goal again ? (otherwise I'll check your log again.. I'm subscribed)

Comment

glucophase from DS
                          *wiggles his 3 bottles of GXR under your nose* So are you suggesting using oats + gxr or dex + gxr or just gxr?
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

glucophase from DS
                            Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                              Agreed!
                              Damnit people explain yourselves before I start putting these guns to use..
                              Back to the basics!

Comment

Long term goal again ? (otherwise I'll check your log again.. I'm subscribed)
                                Short Term Goal: Get to 200lbs (hopefully under 15% bf)

Long Term Goal: Strong, ripped, not too big, 10% bf, 180+lbs

That may change, to reflect more weight, but you get the idea. Bulk HARDDDD and CUTTT!!
                                you are still pretty light.. wait until you have grown into that body of yours.

for now, you should still use dextrose post workout.
                                Alright, so I guess i'll keep using it throughout my bulk. Would you recommend it on a cut?

Comment

Working...
                                X