Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Workout Shake

Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Agreed... they are certainly convenient, but unnecessary at a "certain point". Usually that point is when someone wants pure, lean, optimal gains and the "insulin response" doesn't require dex / malto.
    I am that someone.... please enlighten me pu12... I just ordered 4 more lbs of dextrose... was that a mistake?!?

Quote Originally Posted by boyscouT™
    I am that someone.... please enlighten me pu12... I just ordered 4 more lbs of dextrose... was that a mistake?!?

you are still pretty light.. wait until you have grown into that body of yours.

for now, you should still use dextrose post workout.

Agreed... they are certainly convenient, but unnecessary at a "certain point". Usually that point is when someone wants pure, lean, optimal gains and the "insulin response" doesn't require dex / malto.
    When I go back off of CKD (probably around the 250 mark for a bit) I'm going to go with 2 scoops AI Elvis + 1/2 cup oat powder, I feel that the insulin response would not be as 'spiked' but that the nutrient shuttling will still be effective. Your thoughts?

Josh
    Back to the basics!

Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldtruth
    When I go back off of CKD (probably around the 250 mark for a bit) I'm going to go with 2 scoops AI Elvis + 1/2 cup oat powder, I feel that the insulin response would not be as 'spiked' but that the nutrient shuttling will still be effective. Your thoughts?

Josh

glucophase from DS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Aries
    when are you gonna stop bulking PU?
    Goal was 260lbs... but with you and Ddawg as inspiration I am focusing more on the mirror and less on the scale... with decent results so far.

Next up: Controlled RECOMP

Quote Originally Posted by boyscouTâ„¢
    Long term goal again ? (otherwise I'll check your log again.. I'm subscribed)

glucophase from DS
    *wiggles his 3 bottles of GXR under your nose* So are you suggesting using oats + gxr or dex + gxr or just gxr?
    Back to the basics!

glucophase from DS
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by ddawg91
    Agreed!
    Damnit people explain yourselves before I start putting these guns to use..
    Back to the basics!

Long term goal again ? (otherwise I'll check your log again.. I'm subscribed)
    Short Term Goal: Get to 200lbs (hopefully under 15% bf)

Long Term Goal: Strong, ripped, not too big, 10% bf, 180+lbs

That may change, to reflect more weight, but you get the idea. Bulk HARDDDD and CUTTT!!
    you are still pretty light.. wait until you have grown into that body of yours.

for now, you should still use dextrose post workout.
    Alright, so I guess i'll keep using it throughout my bulk. Would you recommend it on a cut?

Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldtruth

Josh
    In your current scenario cardio... protein.. lots of healthy fats.. and **** the rest IMO (experiment but don't lose focus). To all readers, this only applies to his current scenario.

Also.. Sesamin *should* have helped in theory... possibly needed a higher dose.

In your current scenario cardio... protein.. lots of healthy fats.. and **** the rest IMO (experiment but don't lose focus). To all readers, this only applies to his current scenario.

Also.. Sesamin *should* have helped in theory... possibly needed a higher dose.
    *nod nod* Cool, then my current methods are right on par And I'll be getting more sesamin soonish.
    Back to the basics!

Short Term Goal: Get to 200lbs (hopefully under 15% bf)

Long Term Goal: Strong, ripped, not too big, 10% bf, 180+lbs
    Ok, in your scenario I don't think it's needed, BUT I wouldn't throw it out... just experiment / use it in moderation.

In your scenario I would actually consume it over a extended period of time. Pre / During / Post... NOT just post.

Ok, in your scenario I don't think it's needed, BUT I wouldn't throw it out... just experiment / use it in moderation.

In your scenario I would actually consume it over a extended period of time. Pre / During / Post... NOT just post.
    Interesting... Pre/Post is easy to manage... but the during will be difficult. Looks like i'll need to carry another bottle to the gym! Makes that 3 bottles

Thanks pu12e

Quote Originally Posted by boyscouT™
    Interesting... Pre/Post is easy to manage... but the during will be difficult. Looks like i'll need to carry another bottle to the gym! Makes that 3 bottles

Thanks pu12e
    When I was using malto / dex I would just mix it with gatorade in my water bottle.... (ideally you would want some Purple WRAATH in there as well... but it's optional).

You should notice a sustained energy (and possibly some strength gains) with this method.

When I was using malto / dex I would just mix it with gatorade in my water bottle.... (ideally you would want some Purple WRAATH in there as well... but it's optional).

You should notice a sustained energy (and possibly some strength gains) with this method.
    PW and Xtend are pretty much the same thing right?

PW and Xtend are pretty much the same thing right?
    As far as the timing above... yes

As far as the timing above... yes
    I know this is a CL board and you're a CL rep, but should I ditch Xtend and just get PW, to make it complement my CL stack better?

Or should I just stick with Xtend... aka don't fix it if it aint broke.

don't fix it if it aint broke.
    I like that one or since they are around the same price... compare them (check with Tank to see when the New improved flavor hits stores).

I like that one or since they are around the same price... compare them (check with Tank to see when the New improved flavor hits stores).
    Will do... and i'd also like to know, is being well hydrated while stacking GB + WB, essential to its effects? What's the science behind this? Who do I ask?

Thread Information