This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdiritto
    i did go overboard, i will give you that ... yesterday was a moody-weird day for me, you can get one of them a month as a man right?

what it boils down to is that I don't take kindly to be called out that I am just like anyone (no two people are alike in my eyes). I am extremely individualistic and will admit I am just as narcissistic (I would rather say over-confident ?) ..... he said some words and i flipped on my asshole switch

I do agree with you that kines is not nutrition – I am torn between a kines, sports nutrition, or coaching doctorate, all 3 fit perfectly in line with my interests

I am sorry for the ranted/ahole thread.. ... but I hope the other post(s) relating to the issue of protein intake are taken into consideration
    One a month as a man? I got a few more than that

I hear ya about being torn. Hell I am a (Sport) Management major/Law Concentration wanting a minor in Nutrition/Kin. Haha.

Comment

yea...

its my dream to get into collegiate/NFL coaching..somehow...or general coaching of elite atheletes.... just being a strength/conditioning coach would work

I interviewed this guy the other week that was the str/cond coach at UPenn for 15 years (not a major school but still a good gig-- he pumped out some pro players from the ivy league) and now he owns/operates a training facility thats pumped out a couple of elite atheletes... i wanted to be like "dude, i want your life".. but i had to keep my cool and figure out how he did what hes done and got where he is

Im teaching these weight training classes, and though it pays out extremely well, it makes me realize how much I dont want to work with the general population... getting PT certs so I can get some part time work til i finish with school..prolly wont like that any... by the time i graduate i should have my CSCS and hope to find some kind of strn/cond coach work somewhere..
      Last edited by jiritt0; 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I thought we dispelled that whole Protein causes Kidney Damage things a while ago? Unless you already have kidney damage or another unlying condition you will be just fine taking in 70g of WPI in one go, you pocket book on the other hand will not be.

Im not sure why you would want to take that much fast protein anyway, but if you feel it works have at it. IMO a better option would be 15-25g of WPH or really good WPI and then a whole food meal of anywhere from 40-80g of protien along with an equal amount of carbs or so 30-60 mintues later.
        "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          right..

...You know how I know your from jersey?
          haha soon as i saw that i had to read the rest of the rants..

on the SLIM chance someone here hasnt seen this video, think you might enjoy: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

most of the guys at my gym (yea i live in jersey but am not one of those) are like this and sit in the gym for 3+ hours drinking protein all day..

as for my post-workout.. as soon as i finish my last rep, i pop my 2222 amino pill, then back at my apt i have 2 scoops (48g total) ON.. pretty much chug down the first 1/2-3/4 and drink the rest a little more slowly over the next 1/2 hour or so giving time for the first 1/2 to digest a little
          Last edited by Greek Elite; 04-13-2008, 12:52 PM.
          "We Spartans are said to be descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield, in service to Sparta, is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans, the finest soldiers the world has ever known."

Rutgers University
          I'm in grad school for chicks..

Comment

2/3 oats
            2 scoops of On Whey Protein
            1 cup of milk

thats a good 560-570 cals i think?

not sure on the carbs and fat but protein is like ..hmm

48 from the whey i think its 10 from the oats or is it 12?

and not sure of the milk 8-9

so a possible 12+9+48=69 grams of protein.

PS: i just had 2 cups of cottage cheese with apple sauce and cinnamon

Comment

ive been using 2 scoops of golden finish immediate and a meal (usually chicken+rice or a huge ham sandwhich) about an hour later for the past few months

guess i would use the recommended 3 scoops of golden finish if i had more money

Comment

my post workout shake is 3 scoops Golden FinisH mixed into 40 oz of water. I finish this off by filling it back up with water. Then I'll have some bananas or something that's easy to take with me in my gym bag. I might switch to some oatmeal or granola bars since I go to work after the gym.

Comment

water, ON whey, dextrose, and L-glutamine for post workout.

water and ON casein before bedtime.
                  -Kim

Comment

Golden Finish FTW.

Comment

I take purple wraath intra then as soon as I get home I mix:

1/2 frozen banana
                      skim milk
                      1/2cup steel cooked oats
                      1 scoop muscle milk mocca latte
                      1 scoop unflavored whey isolate
                      1tbs honey
                      1tbs peanut butter or udo's choice omega blend

they you are arround 50g pro and 50gr carbs all in a delicious shake...look forward everyday post workout
                      here, near to the polar circle, heading towards the long & cold winter ....but I got my CL stack: OT, BG, PW, OX

Comment

My post workout shake consist of 2 scoops of golden gains mixed with 1 scoop of cytosport vanilla whey isolate. I also try to keep my fat intake below 8 grams post work out as fat slows down protein uptake, definitely something you dont want to do post workout.
                        If you have to tell people how good you are, you probably arent that good.

Comment

Its come to a point where I cant truly have a post workout shake. After doing my weight workout followed by sled pull, prowler push, or hill sprints, Im going to throw up whatever I put down. I usually wait about 90min after words for a hefty clean meal. And I havent seen any negative effects or lack of gains. But to each his own. Just dont major into the minors. There are alot of more important aspects to your training and nutrition.
                          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                          CFD

Comment

mine is 2 eggs (whole, not just white or yolk), two scoops of ice cream, 8 ounces of milk, and i serving of glutamine powder. easy and tastes extremely good...got this recipe from a bodybuilder who has been lifting for 30 years now, and has been using it since he started.

Comment

2 scoops of GNC Amplifyed Wheyabolic Extreme 60 which is actually 40 grams not 60. 3 scoops equals 60 and that's way to much.
                              4 scoops of CYTOCARB 2
                              16 oz water
                              Total
                              40 grams of protein
                              60 grams of high complex carbs
                              Then I eat a grilled chicken salad or tuna sandwich, or chicken sandwich within 1 hour of post workout

Comment

Two scoops of Vanilla Real Gains by Universal and two scoops of CL Gold Feast with whole milk... Every hard gainer's dream come true!
                                sigpicDarren Conroy
                                Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
                                ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
                                dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
                                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
                                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Comment

Working...
                                X