High blood pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High blood pressure

I had to go to the hospital a couple days ago for a yearly checkup (a rare disease on my spine which i am so thankful for:P). Well anyway, i got the are you on steroids question again because despite the fact im 18 and going to uni this year, i for some reason went to the peadeotrician (sp?). Well im not on steroids, never have been and never really intend to take them. For some reason the doctor decided to check my blood pressure which was kinda weird since thats never been checked on one of these occasions. The result was 162 (i think) and all he said was that it is slightly high and kinda left it at that. Now i am a hypercondriact at the best of times but i was wondering if this is at all dangerous? Should i see my GP about it?

.... yes i know i should have asked the Dr at the time but he was kinda rushing me out of the door for some reason
    Your opponent can only win if you allow them too

Your bp should be 2 numbers. A systolic over a diastolic such as 116/76
    >120 over >80 is normal
    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Doctors shoudl always check blood pressure. if its a rare occasion when you get your BP checked, you should worry abotu your health care providers.

if your on creatine it will raise your BP some; as well as any stimulants you may of used in the recent past. your dr saw you were big, prolly decided to sterotype you as a weight lifter, figure he would ask if you juiced - prolly hoping he could judge if you were being real or not with him - than decided to check BP just to see how that is, and i bet at some point he gave you the roids are bad, so are most supplements dont use them speech , right?

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
        Your bp should be 2 numbers. A systolic over a diastolic such as 116/76
        >120 over >80 is normal
        Edit:
        <120 over <80
        Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          Doctors shoudl always check blood pressure. if its a rare occasion when you get your BP checked, you should worry abotu your health care providers.

if your on creatine it will raise your BP some; as well as any stimulants you may of used in the recent past. your dr saw you were big, prolly decided to sterotype you as a weight lifter, figure he would ask if you juiced - prolly hoping he could judge if you were being real or not with him - than decided to check BP just to see how that is, and i bet at some point he gave you the roids are bad, so are most supplements dont use them speech , right?
          oh yes i had that speach and all the way through i was just thinking im not on roids, this guy blatantly doesn't believe me and i use to work with some one who juiced and told me just about every little detail about all the different kind of steroids so im pretty up-to-date on the knowledge.... oh well, i just get use to it now

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
            Edit:
            <120 over <80

do those numbers have some kind of ratio in order to determine if a blood pressure is high?

cos otherwise 162 is quite frightning, i remember seing 72 on the machine aswell but i think that was my pulse

Comment

No, not a ratio It is a measure of the pressure during systole (contraction of the heart) and diastole (relaxation of the heart) perhaps you looked at the machine wrong because if your bp was 162/72 at your age the Dr would have almost def mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by burg
                do those numbers have some kind of ratio in order to determine if a blood pressure is high?

cos otherwise 162 is quite frightning, i remember seing 72 on the machine aswell but i think that was my pulse
                If your systolic was 162 then a BP lowering med would probably be in order. However, to get the clinical Dx of high BP it has to be measured on 2 separate occassions (some like to have 3 separate occasions). Definitely worth following up on b/c early treatment can save you many hassles down the road and BP meds are pretty cheap (at least what they would start you with)
                Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

OK im deffinetly going to the GP because the screen really did say 162 but im pretty sure the 72 was my pulse

He asked me if my exams (which finished mid-June) were streesing me but i am seriously the least stressed person in the world, which does my parents heads in, because i never really see them as a big deal so i dont really revise... because i always get decent grades. So i have no idea where this has come from, must be one of the supps. im on, even though a trip to the Dr.s is in order

Comment

ok, just went to my GP's and got checked again.... the two numbers were 178 and 91, im now being monitored and have to go back in 2 weeks

Comment

if you have been exercising or took any stimulants before your BP would be higher.

:S 178/91 is high :S
                      Started: 114lbs
                      Maximum Weight: 197lbs
                      Currently: 191lbs
                      Preparing for 2007 INBA or ANB Mr. Teen Vic/Aust

Comment

Didnt do anything the day of or before i got checked up the second time. The first time i took some supps and worked out the day before going to the checkup but not on the day

Comment

whats your stimulant history like?

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                            whats your stimulant history like?
                            pretty much just creatine (which i dont take regularly), glycergrow and whey at the moment

i have taken white blood and NO-Xplode in the past

Comment

Holy sheat, i was reading a newspaper in work yesterday which coincidently was talking about high blood pressures. It said that Dr's usually subscribe 2 meds to control your blood pressure and another for controlling colesterol if your blood pressure is higher that 140/90..... man im to young for this

Comment

Working...
                              X