1 month away from the gym . . . need some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
    For what it's worth I have been primarily going with ddawg's suggestion and picked up some bands. I have been spending 80-90 hours at the hospital per week and in my "free time" I have been having to research and write a presentation to give at their grand rounds at the end of the month. I found a gold's gym nearby and I have been there a few times . . . I have been making it to the gym 2 times per week while in cincinnati, not ideal but add that to the band work and I have been able to maintain my lifts. One unforseen consequence is that I have lost about 5 pounds being at the hospital so much (about half the time I miss lunch b/c I am in the operating room) and relying on meals that I can cook in a microwave and my protein shakes. Half way through it and things are going pretty well.
    Hardcore... keep us updated

Comment

if you cannot workout for a month, go on a bulk and stick with bodyweight exercises 3 times a week..

oh, and good luck to you in med school bro.. Sounds like you are doing great..
      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

like my ole company commander use to say

"if you got time to sleep.. you got time to train"!!!

Comment

I guess I should give ya all the update now that I'm done with the away rotation. All in all it went very well. I made it to the gym some and used the jump bands as well. Diet was subpar as was sleep. The only area I really lost strength in was deadlift but I hope to get that back to status quo soon. All other lifts are back to pre-time-away levels I am down about 5 lbs . . . but if I'm lifting the same I'm fine with that. Thanks all for the input.
          Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Good to hear all went well! I could only imagine how tough it was to try to fit it all in. Butyou made it and not time to get back to the grind stone.

So how much longer do you have left?

Comment

I graduate toward the beginning of May ( I think it's actually on Mother's day) but I will find out where I match (or at least I hope I match) toward the end of January(fortunately NS is an early match program, most match in march). Oh yeah and most of November an December will be spent interviewing at various programs . . . which will probably also make lifting a challenge but hey it's all good
              Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
                I graduate toward the beginning of May ( I think it's actually on Mother's day) but I will find out where I match (or at least I hope I match) toward the end of January(fortunately NS is an early match program, most match in march). Oh yeah and most of November an December will be spent interviewing at various programs . . . which will probably also make lifting a challenge but hey it's all good

Comment

change is inevitable

Comment

Working...
                  X