Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyweight Exercises

Lately I've been focusing on the following:

* Pushups (Done at the end of my chest day)
    * Chinups (Done on their own day)
    * Dips (Done on the same day as Chins)

I've seen a signifigant strength and size gain in the past couple weeks.

Thursdays I do:

Week 1:
    Deadlifts: 8 sets of 8
    Chinups : 10 sets of 7-10
    Dips: 10 sets of 10

Week 2:
    Squats: 8 sets of 8
    Chinups : 10 sets of 7-10
    Dips: 10 sets of 10

I've just been seeing a major improvement in all fronts of my training since implementing this bodyweight-specific day into my routine.

I've also seen a big improvement with my triceps, lats and shoulders from implementing multiple sets of pushups at the end of my chest day. By the time I get through my chest and tri workout, I can only do about 30 pushups at the most because I'm so fatigued.

It seems like I hit my shoulders and back indirectly with the pushups, as my arms and chest are burned out. Then I hit my back and shoulders an additional time later on that week, with my normal weight routine. It's good because the pushups stimulate those secondary muscle groups slightly, enough to cause extra growth; but not enough to sideline me on back day.

How do all of you guys and girls implement bodyweight exercsies? Do you throw in sets at the end of your weight routine, inbetween, or seperate days?
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 07-20-2007, 01:45 PM.

About the only bodyweight exercises I do are dips on arm day and occasionally do "big mans" after legs. However there is a summer conditioning circiut in the new Ironmind catalog that I am going to start someone at the gym gave me a copy.

Circuit
    jumping jacks x 20
    bodyweight squats x15
    pushups x15
    burpees x15
    walkng lunges x20
    situps x25
    mountain climbers x50
    divebomber pushup x15
    jump squats x10
    alt leg v-up x20

take minimum rest and try to get as many circuits in 30 min as you can
    Last edited by Obeast; 07-20-2007, 05:08 PM.
    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
      About the only bodyweight exercises I do are dips on arm day and occasionally do "big mans" after legs. However there is a summer conditioning circiut in the new Ironmind catalog that I am going to start someone at the gym gave me a copy.

Cicuit
      jumping jacks x 20
      bodyweight squats x15
      pushups x15
      burpees x15
      walkng lunges x20
      situps x25
      mountain climbers x50
      divebomber pushup x15
      jump squats x10
      alt leg v-up x20

take min rest and try to get as many circuits in 30 min as you can
      That sounds like an excellent endurance circuit!

Comment

I typically do weighted dips as a part of my chest routine toward the end, weighted pullups for back toward the beginning of that one, and weighted bench dip for tris at the end of the day . . . all are done in drop set manner

weighted dips 3 sets of BW+135x6, then BW+90x8-9, then BW+45x10-11 and then on last set BW to failure typically 20-25 at that point

Weighted pullups I do 4 sets of . . . 2 wide grip and 2 narrow grip alternating
        typically I do dropsets 115x5-6, 60x8-10, BWx 15-20

bench dips I do 3 sets
        BW+135x12, BW+90x10, BW+45x10
        BW+ 180x10, BW+135x10, BW+90x10
        BW+2255x15, BW+135x6-8, BW+90x6-8
        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
          BW+2255x15,
          Strong
          Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Bodyweight / high rep stuff is great for active recovery. Simply put, with active recovery like that you are stimulating enough to trigger GH, but not enough to annihilate or overtrain. The usual short duration also means optimal recovery, so it's like a win-win for your muscles.
            Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-22-2007, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              win-win for your muscles.

Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
                Strong
                oops 225 or 2255 same thing
                Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Working...
                X