Manta Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manta Ray

Has anyone used one of these for squats. Because of my bodytype (Short legs long torso) I have always done low-bar squats. I knew this shortend the lever and gave you a mechanical advantage to lift more weight, but I was reading some articles about muscle recruitment during squats and it was saying because of this change of leverage you recruit more hips and glutes less quads. I like big butts and all but mine is big enough. I tried some high-bar squats to see if I felt it more in the quads but I couldnt get the balannce right. I tried the manta ray today when I worked out at the school and it felt pretty balanced and smooth but I was afraid to go real heavy.

Cliffs: Has anyone tried the manta ray, likes/dislikes?
    If I go heavy am I going to break the little blue bastard?
    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

I have used it, didn't mind it at all. Don't worry about breakign it!

Comment

I have one, and it's hard to get used to, if it doesn't sit right on your back, it hurts, but once you get it, it's good. Except it doesn't fit on my olympic bar very well, so I just use a pad. I think I'll try it again sometime though, as my back has been bothering me during squats, so it might help.
      "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

It won't break with heavy weight. It does force you into a high bar olympic style squat, and I prefer the low bar powerlifting style, so I only use mine for lunges.

Comment

looks like something a high school kid would use.

I'm rough, I don't need a bright blue fairy wand or tampon cushy thing for the squat bar. I get marks on my traps from it, and it makes me look even more intimidating without a shirt on. shoot, i dont even need them stupid biker look-a-like gloves for my man hands... i got blisters, and i picked at them. now i never get em, but my hands are marked, constant reminder of the dedication -- yeaa thats my .02 c

Comment

Working...
          X