Purple Wraath Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath Question

Alright guys, I am from the Bodybuilding.com forums, and I have decided to post here in your forum rather than clutter up the supplement forum over there with yet another discussion with me and CL products.

I have been thinking about adding PW to my supp stack. I have read to begin sipping on it 15 mins preworkout then continue to drink it during the workout.

I do not want a N.O. product or a Hydroxycut type product. I just do not think those things are optimal for long term health. I have read the sticky on PW before making this post. I also read where some ingredients were kept out of PW for health's sake because more research is needed in an area.

I also need to know which is the best tasting version of PW, I think it is ver 3?

Please help with all of the above. Thanks guys.

Diet is perfect, been lifting for 3 years, 19 years old, 5'10 190.

Originally posted by ya heard right
    Alright guys, I am from the Bodybuilding.com forums, and I have decided to post here in your forum rather than clutter up the supplement forum over there with yet another discussion with me and CL products.

I have been thinking about adding PW to my supp stack. I have read to begin sipping on it 15 mins preworkout then continue to drink it during the workout.

I do not want a N.O. product or a Hydroxycut type product. I just do not think those things are optimal for long term health. I have read the sticky on PW before making this post. I also read where some ingredients were kept out of PW for health's sake because more research is needed in an area.

I also need to know which is the best tasting version of PW, I think it is ver 3?

Please help with all of the above. Thanks guys.

Diet is perfect, been lifting for 3 years, 19 years old, 5'10 190.

the best tasting version is definately version 3, although i enjoyed every version myself.

not quite sure what you are asking, but as far as timing goes, I drink my PW during my workout as you have listed above. some people use it pre, some use it post, some use it just for cardio, etc.

the fun part of PW is experimenting with the best time for you to take it.

Comment

Well I am wondering what classification PW would be under for my supp stack.

I really don't want a N.O. product or a fat burner...as I don't believe in those being good for long term health.

I know it deals with EAA's and BCAA's. I was wondering if somebody like Pu could help me with classifying this product.

Comment

I know it deals with EAA's and BCAA's. I was wondering if somebody like Pu could help me with classifying this product.

ok then, guess im not qualified to answer this :-/

Comment

Where are you Pu!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, BCAAs and EEAs are just the amino acids found in protein, except they're already broken down for you. This means you can absorb them quicker and they take up less space in your stomach. Ingesting them before working out:
            1) Provides nutrients to fuel your muscles promoting strength and endurance
            2) Aids recovery
            3) Most importantly, gives your body some protein to burn for energy that's in your stomach instead of in your hard-earned muscle mass.

Not to mention the beta-alanine in PW which is great for endurance (hence the whole FLOODurance thing and the fact that it makes my scalp tingle oh so pleasantly).

I know they kept out stuff like tryptophan cause it makes you sleepy.

But alas, unfortunately my name isn't PU. I mean, I've heard some crazy things about the guy.
            Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

The only product I know that compares to PW is Xtend or so I have been told.

I would just like to know some more about PW please.

Comment

Well I am wondering what classification PW would be under for my supp stack.

I really don't want a N.O. product or a fat burner...as I don't believe in those being good for long term health.

well, if you read the sticky, you know what is in PW and what it is classified as. it is an ERGOGENIC (meaning "Increasing capacity for bodily or mental labor especially by eliminating fatigue symptoms") EAA workout drink

"The Purple Wraath™ PurplEAA Complex™ is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath™ fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex™:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes to training:"

It is not a NO product or fat burner in a traditional sense. Through other MOA's and ingredients it enhances bloodflow (vasodialator) and enhances metabolism in ways that are benefical to the body (through amino acid assimilation), so you're concern over the long term risks are not really needed.

Honestly, if you read the stick you would already know this:

Leucine:
                - Primary anabolic trigger
                - Enhance recovery
                - Optimize hormone levels

Valine:
                - Energy
                - Recovery
                - Glucose production
                - Nitrogen balance
                - Anti-inflammatory
                - Analgesic

Isoleucine:
                - Energy
                - Recovery
                - Glucose production
                - Hormones

Lysine:
                - Beta-oxidation
                - Nitrogen balance
                - Calcium absorption
                - Energy

Arginine:
                - Vasodilator
                - Nutrient delivery
                - Anti-Catabolic

Histidine:
                - Vasodilator
                - Sexual function

Threonine:
                - Nutrient uptake
                - Immune system

Methionine:
                - Enhance metabolism
                - Energy
                - Mood
                - Antioxidant

Phenylalanine:
                - Energy
                - Hormones
                - Mood

The FAQ tells you EXACTLY what PW is and what it is supposed to do.

What is PURPLE WRAATH™ ?

PURPLE WRAATH™ is a Tangy Grape flavored Ergogenic EAA / BCAA Matrix !!

while xtend does contain BCAA's, Purple wraath is in a different league than it.

So no, it is NOT an NO product or a fatburner, however, you CAN lose fat and you can have increased blood flow while using it (vasodilation)

all the info is out there if you look for it.

food for thought- rather then have someone else do all the research for you about what you want to put into YOUR body, try doing it yourself.
                Last edited by jaymdubbs; 07-18-2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Hey man I appreciate the feedback, but I feel that you are getting a little snappy with me and I don't appreciate that.

If you would have read my post I stated that I had read the sticky regarding PW.

Since PW had the same effects as a N.O. and fat-burner product, I wanted to know how it was different, and in my opinion safer.

But you answered my question...by supp. the BCAA's, it is what causes it.

FYI, I do plenty of research on all of my supps, and this is why I asked, this stuff was simply over my head.

Comment

Hey man I appreciate the feedback, but I feel that you are getting a little snappy with me and I don't appreciate that.

welllllllll, next time dont say "I was wondering if somebody like Pu could help me with classifying this product" after posting on a public forum. PM him if you only want his advice. you ask for advice, i give it, and you brush it off because it isnt from PU.

have you looked at my avatar? i am a pure product of my design, as i feel i have a good grasp on what im talking about (both through science and anedoctal evidence)

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                      have you looked at my avatar? i am a pure product of my design, as i feel i have a good grasp on what im talking about (both through science and anedoctal evidence)
                      wishes he could see a bigger picture.

I was wondering if that was you. I mean I know it's you but it's kinda hard to tell.

Now to Ya Heard Right,

Long Answer:
                      Alot of supplements can have similar effects, but they do so in different ways. Speaking for other supp junkies for a second, we are constantly looking for products that trigger different biological pathways and stimulate untapped potential. For example, take "Energy" products. Most of the energy drinks you buy are just caffeine and sugar. Sure, they give you energy. Now take a cup of whole-grain rice, which would give you lots of energy in its complex carbohydrates. Same goes for anything with carbs, protein, fat, or hell, cocaine and meth in it. Now I am being somewhat facetious, but one could call these Energy-related products. It's not about what a similar supplement does so much as how it does it.

Furthermore, advertisers are usually misleading. I've seen scam products advertise to be "ultimate muscle builders" and be nothing but whey protein with a little mono thrown in. Obviously, if you give protein+creatine to someone who takes nothing, they're probably gonna get better results than just taking protein. My college roommate was like this, trying to peddle his Amway-style-marketed protein drink that was 20 g protein 3 mg creatine monohydrate at 3.50 a serving.

Short Answer:
                      -NO and fatburners work in completely different ways than amino acids.
                      -Aminos are about as safe as you can get b/c they're found in protein.
                      -The alanine in PW is an added bonus and sets the product apart (IMHO).
                      -For your own good, I hope you get used to the taste as soon as possible.
                      Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

^^^^

These guys have you covered.. you can also get a free sample of WRAATH to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by matt24002

Short Answer:
                          -NO and fatburners work in completely different ways than amino acids.
                          -Aminos are about as safe as you can get b/c they're found in protein.
                          -The alanine in PW is an added bonus and sets the product apart (IMHO).
                          -For your own good, I hope you get used to the taste as soon as possible.

excellent follow up, thanks for chiming in

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showp...&postcount=552 my avatar is bigger, last photo
                          Last edited by jaymdubbs; 07-19-2007, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                            welllllllll, next time dont say "I was wondering if somebody like Pu could help me with classifying this product" after posting on a public forum. PM him if you only want his advice. you ask for advice, i give it, and you brush it off because it isnt from PU.

Hey man, no harm no foul. I just wanted some help, and I did not brush off your advice. I simply remembered Pu from the bodybuilding forums and knew he definitely would have the answer for me.

You do have a good avatar, but that doesnt mean that the person knows his stuff. I know huge dudes at my gym who I would want to look like, but they can't keep up with me in a simple talk about diet or whey/casein protein, etc.

Comment

Also, to be fair, here is my picture.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X