• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women like muscular men . . . for a fling

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...04599320070710
    Women drawn to men with muscles
    Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:13AM EDT
    By Julie Steenhuysen

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Muscular young men are likely to have more sex partners than their less-chiseled peers, researchers at the University of California Los Angeles said on Monday.

Their study, published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, suggests muscles in men are akin to elaborate tail feathers in male peacocks: They attract females looking for a virile mate.

"Women are predisposed to prefer muscularity in men," said study author David Frederick of UCLA.

"Most research is focused on what men find physically attractive in women and the career traits women find attractive in men," Frederick said by telephone. "Much less research is devoted to what women find attractive."

He said prior studies concluded a man's desirability was influenced more by his earning potential and commitment. His study found physical characteristics mattered more.

Women were more physically attracted to brawny men, especially for a fling. But when it comes to finding a long-term partner, they tend to pick a regular man over a mate with huge biceps.

"On the one hand, it makes them more sexy to women. On the other hand, it makes women more suspicious about their romantic intentions," Frederick said.

He and colleagues interviewed 99 male undergraduates about their sexual histories. Muscular men were twice as likely to have had more than three sex partners than less-built types.

Frederick and colleagues also asked 141 college women to look at six standardized silhouettes of men ranging from brawny to slender. Most preferred a toned man who was more likely to commit over a muscle-bound man they perceived as more volatile, aggressive and dominant.

© Reuters 2006. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
    Well . . . working out is good in the short term at least
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
    Well . . . working out is good in the short term at least
    It's all about the:

(just kidding ladies I swear !!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      It's all about the:

(just kidding ladies I swear !!!! )

" i joke when i say im the best, but alot of truth is exposed in jest "

Comment

so I'll get big, but keep my biceptz small to keep the ladies?

Comment

Originally posted by hypnotikk
          Just shrink back down like Kevin Levrone

Comment

good idea that will fool them
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

for what its worth, i think my gf tries to sabotage my diet to make me fatter. shes pretty skinny herself (tiny collegiate cheerleader) , but i think she prefers me a little less lean (i have no idea why)

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                tiny collegiate cheerleader
                In for pics ?

Comment

My girl always says to me "I dont want you to get TOO big and muscley" but we all know that she would love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                    In for pics ?

hhaahah let me find one

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                      for what its worth, i think my gf tries to sabotage my diet to make me fatter. shes pretty skinny herself (tiny collegiate cheerleader) , but i think she prefers me a little less lean (i have no idea why)
                      my g/f tries to get me fat, too. wtf? that's wrong

Comment

my g/f tries to get me fat, too. wtf? that's wrong
                        fattening you up for the kill!

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                          My girl always says to me "I dont want you to get TOO big and muscley" but we all know that she would love it!!!
                          I got that too - but then gets on my case if she thinks I'm not eating and trying to be skinny. Only reason she thinks I'm not eating is because I ate 10 minutes before and she didnt see me.

I'm like listen, I'm 260lbs, I'll never be "skinny".
                          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                            I got that too - but then gets on my case if she thinks I'm not eating and trying to be skinny. Only reason she thinks I'm not eating is because I ate 10 minutes before and she didnt see me.

I'm like listen, I'm 260lbs, I'll never be "skinny".

Comment

theyre just worried well leave them for bikini-clad supermodels

Comment

Working...
                              X