No announcement yet.

My 2007 Upper / Lower protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pt, how exactly are you doing Lat Pulldowns - 3x8-12 w/ extreme stretch? Are you doing a stretch at the end of each rep, or set, or just at the end of the 3rd set? I'm guessing you're seated and using the resistance of the weight for the stretch (??)
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      pt, how exactly are you doing Lat Pulldowns - 3x8-12 w/ extreme stretch? Are you doing a stretch at the end of each rep, or set, or just at the end of the 3rd set? I'm guessing you're seated and using the resistance of the weight for the stretch (??)
      Typically only after the 3rd set, and yep I max out the weight and then stretch (using wrist straps if necessary). Afterwards I rehydrate and take a breather.

Comment

thanks pt ... I figured that's what it was ....

few more questions for you, cuz you don't enough questions in one day ...

on day 1, for CG Bench / Tri's - 3x6-8, are you saying CG Bench and another Tri exercise, or CG Bench or some other Tri exercise?

on day 4, for Arms (Supersets), do you just do 1 Bi and 1 Tri superset or 2 different ones? Or does it vary weekly based on how you feel? Which superset exercises have you seen the best gains from?

Finally, what kind of grip work do you do on the weekends? I've got CoC's and Close the Gap straps that I work with from time to time ... what about you?
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

on day 1, for CG Bench / Tri's - 3x6-8, are you saying CG Bench and another Tri exercise, or CG Bench or some other Tri exercise?
          Depends on how I "feel" at that point. You'll notice that the 6-8 is with heavier weight (what some call positive failure) so my tris are getting hammered. If it was volume (or if my tris were a lagging bodypart), then I might throw in another tri exercise.

I then hit arms again (directly) 3 days later, and it seems like less is sometimes more (I can't really complain about my tri's).
          on day 4, for Arms (Supersets), do you just do 1 Bi and 1 Tri superset or 2 different ones? Or does it vary weekly based on how you feel? Which superset exercises have you seen the best gains from?
          3 sets (supersets) is usually enough, because my arms aren't lagging. If I was bulking I could get away with more, but the whole workout is intense and focused, so it's plenty intense.

As far as best gains (arms)... almost any bi / tri SS where you can focus on MMC (making each rep count [harder] vs making it easier). This is the opposite of just throwing up as much heavy weight as possible.
          Finally, what kind of grip work do you do on the weekends? I've got CoC's and Close the Gap straps that I work with from time to time ... what about you?
          My grip itself (NOT my forearms) has always been a weakness for me. I have regular grippers, but grippers work my forearms. To work my wrists and hands, I use a weighted wrist roller. It's my actual hands that give out, unlike MANY guys with weak forearms.

It's still hard to tell in this photo, but my forearms are actually relatively big (or "growing" at least):
          Last edited by pu12en12g; 08-07-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

thanks for all the details, pt ... very much appreciated

jdouchebag for president

Comment

thanks for all the details, pt ... very much appreciated

I was 1/2 asleep when I replied above... it's funny to read it now !!

Comment

Here it is Ice

Comment

Working...
                X