Snowfly log :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnowFly
    I dont know where I fail either with the ab roller... I have a strong back etc but maybe a poor core... I could never do well on push ups either... I may do some push ups tonight though... maybe Im underestimating myself
    (I know I said Id go to the gym but I had to shave my legs first and now eating a little bit of cottage cheese LOL)

Ok now Im really off
    If you have difficulty on push ups, perhaps your shoulders and upper/mid back is lacking. Can you do the push ups from your knees, or is it just standard form gives you problems? Something you can do at home which will help in your free time is walk on all fours. I'm not trying to be dirty, so please don't take it that way. If you more or less put your butt up in the air, legs extended and walk on your legs and hands (all fours), it'll work to strengthen and build endurance in your shoulders, rotators, back, hamstrings and calves as well as helping with the ligaments in your elbows and shoulders. Do this for about a week and then try push ups off the knees and see how many you can do. Let me know. I can suggest other stuff too.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I want to see if I can take measurements maybe tonight, but possibly have to wait til the weekend. You take the measurements relaxed muscles right SB?
      I do everything relaxed except I do biceps relaxed and flexed.
      "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

how was the shoulder/abs/leg workout?
        1 Corinthians 9:24
        Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Aries~~
          Lord Woman, what I wouldn't give to have a body like yours. Grrr, why did I stop growing at 5'3? Good luck on your transformation. I was going to join but my camera is still busted.
          Awww thanks Aries.... I think you still have a week??? Can you borrow someone elses cam? I really just joined for motivation.

I probably couldnt tell you the prizes right now at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
            If you have difficulty on push ups, perhaps your shoulders and upper/mid back is lacking. Can you do the push ups from your knees, or is it just standard form gives you problems? Something you can do at home which will help in your free time is walk on all fours. I'm not trying to be dirty, so please don't take it that way. If you more or less put your butt up in the air, legs extended and walk on your legs and hands (all fours), it'll work to strengthen and build endurance in your shoulders, rotators, back, hamstrings and calves as well as helping with the ligaments in your elbows and shoulders. Do this for about a week and then try push ups off the knees and see how many you can do. Let me know. I can suggest other stuff too.

I did 1 set of pushups on my knees tonight (8 reps) just to see and that was hard. Im thinking its because of my shoulders/traps. I have a pretty strong back for my frame (at least based on me rowing 100 lb). I would have done more but i beat the crap out of my legs tonight ... i will concentrate on my upper body this weekend though so I welcome all ideas!

I didnt see an ab roller anywhere... but i WILL find one over the weekend, even if I just start out with very low reps.

Now.... you KNOW I have to ask........ do you walk on your Fours a lot in your free time Spar? It's a great idea....and I MAY do that... though Id likely never admit it

Comment

Originally posted by sarahalyse
              how was the shoulder/abs/leg workout?
              Nevermind the shoulders!!! :lol

Just abs and legs... my Keyboard (space key) is stuck ...its..super..hard..to..write..right..now..so..il l..report..tomorrow...

In..fact...my..thumbs..are..killing..me...right..n ow..replying..to..the..last..two..posts..!LOL

DAMNIT!!

Comment

I did 1 set of pushups on my knees tonight (8 reps) just to see and that was hard. Im thinking its because of my shoulders/traps. I have a pretty strong back for my frame (at least based on me rowing 100 lb). I would have done more but i beat the crap out of my legs tonight ... i will concentrate on my upper body this weekend though so I welcome all ideas!

I didnt see an ab roller anywhere... but i WILL find one over the weekend, even if I just start out with very low reps.

Now.... you KNOW I have to ask........ do you walk on your Fours a lot in your free time Spar? It's a great idea....and I MAY do that... though Id likely never admit it
                Only if that's an invite to join you. Actually, when I wrestled back in high school, yeah. I probably haven't done it in about 5-6 years though since I jacked up my left shoulder bad back in 2001-02 at work. For me, even doing a military press was difficult and I have limited range on my bench because of it too. Orange Triad has been great for that though. If you have questions or looking for other exercises, pm me. I'd be happy to share.
                Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                Purple Wraath
                Green Magnitude
                Orange Triad
                White Flood
                Blue Up
                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Only if that's an invite to join you. Actually, when I wrestled back in high school, yeah. I probably haven't done it in about 5-6 years though since I jacked up my left shoulder bad back in 2001-02 at work. For me, even doing a military press was difficult and I have limited range on my bench because of it too. Orange Triad has been great for that though. If you have questions or looking for other exercises, pm me. I'd be happy to share.
                  ahhh...a..wrestler!!...Im sorry im .... My KEYBOARD IS WORKING AGAIN!!!
                  What the heck!

Ok... just don't mind me.. I was experiencing some difficulty with my keyboard lol!

Tomorrow is 1 hour on the bike for leg recovery.. and prob nothing else as Im going to happy hour. We will see... but I really intend on doing some hard labor on my shoulders/traps/arms this weekend. Probably saturday. Should I do mostly weighted excersizes or core stuff then to strenghten it?

PS: We would look pretty funny running around in my place on each others respective fours LOL

So now that my keyboard is working..

Tonight I had a pretty great work out..

Beginning with ABS:

Plank 3 sets x 1 minute
                  3 x 20 jackknives (as demonstrated in picture in prev. post)
                  3 x 12 dragonflags (I even held for a while... it was easier than I expected after seeing tarra's post... so maybe I didnt do it right but I think I did)
                  3 x 20 cable pulls @ 100 lb (also held this one in and contracted... It was harder this time, I used a different form, but not sure if it did the trick)
                  2 x 6 dragonflags on steep decline bench..... that one was HARD!

Legs:

3 x 8 one legged squats to warm up (besides flexing)
                  3 x 12 deadlifts 70 lb (I upped it 20lb since last time so this wasn't easy for me)
                  3 x 12 plie squats 45 lb
                  3 x 8 squats against wall w swiss ball and 16 lb ****rotating between this and:
                  3 x 10 lunges 24 lb
                  3 x 30 seated calf 60 lb
                  3 x 10 butt blaster 60 lb
                  3 x 8 one legged squats to finish

and I did my calfs in between all these (rest on one foot and lift up /down until exaustion)

I need to stop with the db's and switch to bb's since it's difficult to work with db's higher than 35 #. It entails me in the men's weight section but it's fine... I'll familiarize myself with it this weekend. I have to if I want to progress! And next time I do my legs I will adjust my weights to see my reps end at 8's instead of 12's.

I suspect, anyway, thaht my legs are pretty much going to kill me the next couple of days.
                  Last edited by SnowFly; 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

PS: We would look pretty funny running around in my place on each others respective fours LOL

Comment

ahhh...a..wrestler!!...Im sorry im .... My KEYBOARD IS WORKING AGAIN!!!
                      What the heck!

Ok... just don't mind me.. I was experiencing some difficulty with my keyboard lol!

Tomorrow is 1 hour on the bike for leg recovery.. and prob nothing else as Im going to happy hour. We will see... but I really intend on doing some hard labor on my shoulders/traps/arms this weekend. Probably saturday. Should I do mostly weighted excersizes or core stuff then to strenghten it?

So now that my keyboard is working..

Tonight I had a pretty great work out..

Beginning with ABS:

Plank 3 sets x 1 minute
                      3 x 20 jackknives (as demonstrated in picture in prev. post)
                      3 x 12 dragonflags (I even held for a while... it was easier than I expected after seeing tarra's post... so maybe I didnt do it right but I think I did)
                      3 x 20 cable pulls @ 100 lb (also held this one in and contracted... It was harder this time, I used a different form, but not sure if it did the trick)
                      2 x 6 dragonflags on steep decline bench..... that one was HARD!

Legs:

3 x 8 one legged squats to warm up (besides flexing)
                      3 x 12 deadlifts 70 lb (I upped it 20lb since last time so this wasn't easy for me)
                      3 x 12 plie squats 45 lb
                      3 x 8 squats against wall w swiss ball and 16 lb ****rotating between this and:
                      3 x 10 lunges 24 lb
                      3 x 30 seated calf 60 lb
                      3 x 10 butt blaster 60 lb
                      3 x 8 one legged squats to finish

and I did my calfs in between all these (rest on one foot and lift up /down until exaustion)

I need to stop with the db's and switch to bb's since it's difficult to work with db's higher than 35 #. It entails me in the men's weight section but it's fine... I'll familiarize myself with it this weekend. I have to if I want to progress! And next time I do my legs I will adjust my weights to see my reps end at 8's instead of 12's.

I suspect, anyway, thaht my legs are pretty much going to kill me the next couple of days.

What's that comment about "a wrestler" suppose to mean?????
                      Are you worried what the neighbors would think concerning the "all fours"????

Moving right along, looked like a good workout. Personally as far as your next workout goes, I would just go with what feels comfortable. Making a sudden change in a workout is direction to quit in my opinion. What you could do is do a day of shoulders/traps weighted and then the next day they come up, do support exercises to improve them. I'm not up on how normal you workout or your physical conditioning, but don't blast everything so you're so sore you won't want to come back and do it again the next day. Give yourself something to look forward to, not look to avoid. Also, it's good to hop between DB's and BB's as it's added variety. Don't eliminate one if you can avoid it. Also, what is a "butt blaster" and "dragonflags". I'm not familiar with those terms. Oh, and one more thing, I know it's a book. After legs, I'd suggest a light jog and stretch to minimize soreness and lactic acid build up in the legs.

Great start!

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g

Hater.

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

What's that comment about "a wrestler" suppose to mean?????
                          Are you worried what the neighbors would think concerning the "all fours"????

Moving right along, looked like a good workout. Personally as far as your next workout goes, I would just go with what feels comfortable. Making a sudden change in a workout is direction to quit in my opinion. What you could do is do a day of shoulders/traps weighted and then the next day they come up, do support exercises to improve them. I'm not up on how normal you workout or your physical conditioning, but don't blast everything so you're so sore you won't want to come back and do it again the next day. Give yourself something to look forward to, not look to avoid. Also, it's good to hop between DB's and BB's as it's added variety. Don't eliminate one if you can avoid it. Also, what is a "butt blaster" and "dragonflags". I'm not familiar with those terms. Oh, and one more thing, I know it's a book. After legs, I'd suggest a light jog and stretch to minimize soreness and lactic acid build up in the legs.

Great start!

Im not sure I made any sudden (drastic changes) to my legs work out.... Today I really just went up 20 lb on the deadlift, added a few sets of the one legged squats and added 8 lb db's to my swiss ball squat... I have to start going up because Ive been doing the same routine for a while and I think I will see more results with 8 reps instead of 12...

Generally, I do my legs twice a week (I try) with emphasis on my butt
                          Abs: x 3
                          Back: x 2
                          Chest: x 1 (not much)
                          Arms / Shoulders: x 1 (but may need to step up my shoulders some more.....?)
                          Cardio: x 4 / 5 (I try!)

Dragonflag (as terra suggested I should incorporate..)

Buttblaster (machine):

As for the jog... is it enough if I do an hour light cardio on the bike tomorrow? I am never sore the first day.. REAL soreness usually comes the second night anyway.
                          Thanks!

Sincerely,
                          BigPimpin
                          Last edited by SnowFly; 07-12-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g

Whats wrong with Twister!!

Comment

Im sure I can handle it in the abs, but I am so completely uncoordinated that the one time I tried I gave up right away. I really want to do it because I can see how intense it is on your abs but Im just not sure Ill ever get a handle on it. If I see an ab roller laying around at the gym tonight and there arent 5 people watching me, I'll give it another shot lol. at least by the weekend I intend on giving this another try. I may have to buy one for at home and learn on my own first.

How many, as a beginner, ought I be able to do?
                              At least one !!!

Comment

LOL I was hoping you'd say that!

Comment

Working...
                                X