Snowfly log :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timberwolf
    Do you do single arm planks? When I do them with clients, I lift one leg up so supporting myself on opposite leg. The key point IMO (whether with one or two legs) is to keep your back flat with shoulders level with one another.

Looking good already so can't wait to see 'after' pics.
    That is a really good idea

Comment

Originally posted by terracotta
      really contract the abs hard, hold the crunches at full contraction for 2 seconds
      ^^^^

Agreed, that's the ticket !!

Comment

I'll be your rain bug. <3<3

Comment

just stopping by to say good luck!
          1 Corinthians 9:24
          Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Comment

Definately liking those pictures. Especially #2 IMO. In reference to your question concerning body fat, since women are generally higher in bf% it's harder to narrow down a specific number due to variables of hip size, breast size, etc etc. You look already like you have some definition in the ab area so I'd say with minor retooling of your diet/workout, you'd be cut in no time while retaining feminely features. Definately listen though to Pu and Timber, experts IMO.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Well, I feel like I had a very shitty work out yesterday.

I started on my abs. The Jackknives seem to be the only one that really burns my abs. I did the pull rope behind head thing at 90 pounds at 2 seconds contraction each for a good 15 reps x 3 and it didn't leave me hurting at all. :shrug I dont know what Im doing wrong.

3 x 16:

Then I did the same at 3 x 8 on a decline. 8 a set was my pb.

Then I moved on to my chest:
              DB fly at 16 lb to warm up 3 x 12

Moved on to butterfly: 3 x 8 @ 60 lb
              Incline press: 2 x 8, last set: 1 x 6 @ 60 lb (Exaustion)

So then I was going to go on the treadmil and run for 30 but they were all full so I went on the elliptical... I did 15 minutes until my knee starting hurting A LOT.... so I had just had it and got out of there.

I had a bad day anyway... and then I just got super frustruated.

went home and instead of having my Protein shake and shrimp for dinner, I went to sushi and said screw it. Bad day.

Today was going to be my off day but I may just run for 30 min in my clubhouse to make up for yesterday.

Comment

Keep on it girl! You can do it!

I don't know about you, but hitting the weights hard really helps me out when I'm having a bad day.
                "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

I may have missed it, but any history on the knee issues or was that a one-time thing ?

Keep your head up !!

Comment

Ive always had issues with my left knee, especially on impact or if I move too quickly, that sort of thing. I think I did something to it when I fell off my bike as a child... Ive never had it checked out... but it does bother me if I put too much weight on it. The elliptical seemed to really bring it out last night.

Comment

Maybe the elliptical bothered it in the direction-changing stages.. perhaps stick with something that allows your natural range of motion. Personally I use the recumbent bike and ramp up the resistance.

Comment

So I checked the site, and I guess I didnt do the cable crunch right. My butt was touching my feet like I was sitting, whereas in the picture she is still sitting up more... maybe that will make all the difference. I will give this another shot next time.

Comment

Originally posted by terracotta
                          Maybe the elliptical bothered it in the direction-changing stages.. perhaps stick with something that allows your natural range of motion. Personally I use the recumbent bike and ramp up the resistance.
                          I think I will avoid the eliptical and the step master from now on. Just do treadmill and the bike.

Comment

I don't care much for the way they depict doing rope crunches honestly. I try for the most part, to never arch that much as if you keep your knees under your chest and go head to floor, you'll get the same range as a crunch. Also, 15 reps is nothing in that exercise. I've found that since you're not fighting gravity as much as if you were doing a regular crunch/sit-up, that you don't get the same effect. I shoot for 30-45 per set of rope crunch and will actually allow myself to be pulled up to about 45 degrees before resuming the crunch. This allows a slight stretch in the abs and rib cage as well. Another winner is the decline 45 degree sit ups. However, stop about 3 inches from letting your back hit and then come back up. Great isolation on the abs and great constant contraction too.

As far as the knee goes, I would suggest body weight lunges, seated leg extensions using no weights, if possible, an exercise called shooting the duck/pistols. Each of these done with bodyweight, will strengthen the support muscles surrounding the knee and alleviate some of the pain. If it's an actual joint problem, best to get that examined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdthWDUEKtY

I would do the pistols/shooting the duck(hockey term for same exercise) while holding a rail or poll with one hand for balance until you are strong enough and balanced enough to go without.

Good luck!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Ah shoot the duck! Brings back figure skating memories!
                              "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                                I don't care much for the way they depict doing rope crunches honestly. I try for the most part, to never arch that much as if you keep your knees under your chest and go head to floor, you'll get the same range as a crunch. Also, 15 reps is nothing in that exercise. I've found that since you're not fighting gravity as much as if you were doing a regular crunch/sit-up, that you don't get the same effect. I shoot for 30-45 per set of rope crunch and will actually allow myself to be pulled up to about 45 degrees before resuming the crunch. This allows a slight stretch in the abs and rib cage as well. Another winner is the decline 45 degree sit ups. However, stop about 3 inches from letting your back hit and then come back up. Great isolation on the abs and great constant contraction too.

As far as the knee goes, I would suggest body weight lunges, seated leg extensions using no weights, if possible, an exercise called shooting the duck/pistols. Each of these done with bodyweight, will strengthen the support muscles surrounding the knee and alleviate some of the pain. If it's an actual joint problem, best to get that examined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdthWDUEKtY

I would do the pistols/shooting the duck(hockey term for same exercise) while holding a rail or poll with one hand for balance until you are strong enough and balanced enough to go without.

Good luck!

Good Lord Spartan!!! I hope you dont think I can do those exercises in the video! Particularly not the ab roller ones... ick! But MAN would I love to LOL

I agree with you about the arching of the back.. I was going to say that earlier. Doesn't look safe does it! Thanks for your comments, I'll give that a shot tomorrow!

Tomorrow is abs + legs too No cardio.

Keeping my cals a little bit lower today since Im not doing cardio today either

Comment

Working...
                                X