X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowfly log :)

Before Photos:

6ft, approx. 143 lb

Goal: Cut and tone (see those abs more and higher definition on those legs)
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM.

I generally try to stay at around 1800 cal, and limit my carbs on off days. I avoid carbs / fat in the evenings after working out except the usual dose of carbs to fuel your work out recovery.

Supplements: BCAAS Xtend, Hot Rox (going on almost 1 month), whey protein, fish oil, multivitamins.

Will log my work outs as I go..

Today I did my back...
    Deadlifts 3 x 12 @ 50 lb
    Standing (bend over) row 3 x 14 @ 35 lb
    Side bends 3 x 12 @ 35 lb
    Pull ups 3 x 12 at 60 lb (last set til exaustion, PB on last set: 8)
    Back extensions 1 x 12 @ 25 lb (not comfortable), 2 x 12 @ 10 lb
    Seated row 3 x 12 @ 90 lb

Cardio: You will learn Im no good at cardio. I'm not a runner but I tried today. Stayed on the threadmill for 22 minutes, did over 2 miles rotating between 3.7 and 6 mph. In hindsight I feel I could have given it more.. will do next time.

Comment

Nice intro good luck
      MY GREEN MAG LOG
      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

::: peaks in thread:::

:::wowzers!!!:::

:::runs:::

Comment

Glad you were able to join the contest!! Good luck, and you look great!

Comment

Hey there, glad to see you started your log.

good luck! have fun!
            "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Ok, so you currently have the body I want *after* my transformation... haha. You look great!
              Good luck!
              *Sarah*

Comment

Oh thanks

I hope it's not too late for me to add a side frame picture. I took one last night in the same outfit.. I will add it tonight when I get home. I will also work on my measurements later this week and add those stats.

Todays cal:
                Totals 1740 53 136 178

Does not include the shrimp I will eat after my work out (coupled with protein shake)... so I'm looking more at about 1820 cals for the day.

Tonights work out: My beloved abs, Chest and 30 min cardio

Comment

anyone have ANY idea how much BF I still need to lose to show more definition / abs etc? I dont even know what my BF% is

Comment

Your bodyfat percentage does not look very high. I suggest adding in weighted ab exercises and other hard ab stuff 3x/week. I also suggest dropping the reps down to about 8 (ie. increase your weights). Lots of ab exercises are linked on my website.

Comment

thanks, I checked out your website!

Right now I usually do abs 3 times a week...

Plank (30 seconds)
                      3 x 30 bicyle
                      3 x 15 Jackknives
                      Side Planks (?) with side arm push ups (not sure of term) (15 seconds)
                      And then I take a 25 lb and rotate from side to side.

I will try to incorporate more weighted ab exercises.

Tonight I still do the plank for my warm up, jackknives (love them), bicyle and a 3 x 15 weighted crunch... Sound good Terra or would you recommend something else??

Comment

Do you feel like you are isolating your abs... like do you feel them *borderline* cramping at all on your last sets ?

Have you ever tried ab wheel, swiss ball crunches, or kneeling pulldown crunches ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          Do you feel like you are isolating your abs... like do you feel them *borderline* cramping at all on your last sets ?

Have you ever tried ab wheel, swiss ball crunches, or kneeling pulldown crunches ?
                          I am terrified of the ab wheel lol I am too tall and uncoordinated to even attempt that. I'd probably break my back doing it too.

Ive done swiss ball crunches and kneel down pulldown crunches on the machine (pulling rope behind your head).... but I never seem to get as much of a burn from those as I do from jackknives. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I also seem to be able to lift pretty heavy wen I am on the machine which always makes me wonder I must not be doing it right. I mean is it normal to be able to do 90 lb on those for long sets?

Comment

Do you do single arm planks? When I do them with clients, I lift one leg up so supporting myself on opposite leg. The key point IMO (whether with one or two legs) is to keep your back flat with shoulders level with one another.

Looking good already so can't wait to see 'after' pics.
                            kane@controlledlabs.com
                            Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                            Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                            www.controlledlabs.com
                            www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFly
                              thanks, I checked out your website!

Right now I usually do abs 3 times a week...

Plank (30 seconds)
                              3 x 30 bicyle
                              3 x 15 Jackknives
                              Side Planks (?) with side arm push ups (not sure of term) (15 seconds)
                              And then I take a 25 lb and rotate from side to side.

I will try to incorporate more weighted ab exercises.

Tonight I still do the plank for my warm up, jackknives (love them), bicyle and a 3 x 15 weighted crunch... Sound good Terra or would you recommend something else??
                              Plank should be about 1 minute each x3, drop the bicycles, they're pointless. I wouldn't do any rotations (if you are using enough weight that they work, you will widen your waist, a no-no).

I highly recommend dragon flags (hard as hell to do them right.. if all you can do is 2-3 reps a set, that is great even)

Weighted crunches should be holding the weight straight behind your head.. use as much weight as you can, and really contract the abs hard, hold the crunches at full contraction for 2 seconds before lowering. Try not to lose tension when lowering! I'd go for sets of 10-15 here.

As well, I think overhead squats would be really challenging for you (at your height esp.) and could help a lot. Probably sets of 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X