Sexyback's GIRL POWER Transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sexyback
    And if I don't bloat now from dairy, then why take it out right away?
    Some form of TKD **could** be the answer, you just limit most of your carbs to the pre / post-workout window

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark86.htm
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-10-2007, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Some form of TKD **could** be the answer, you just limit most of your carbs to the pre / post-workout window

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark86.htm

Some for sure, I agree! Thanks for the link PT!
      "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Workout

Front Squats: 8x3 @ 95lb BB (trying to focus on going lower)
        Lying Leg Curls on Decline Bench: 8x3 @ 35lb DB between feet
        Seated Calf Raises: 8x3 @ 75lb
        Ab work

Diet

Breakfast (6am): shake with 1 cup milk, 1 scoop vanilla whey, 4 frozen strawberries
        Snack (9am): 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp jam,
        Lunch (11:30am): 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 oz almonds
        Snack (2pm): 1 can tuna, 1/2 oz almonds
        Preworkout: 1/3 cup All Bran Buds, 1/2 cup milk
        Postwokrout (6pm): 1 scoop whey with water,
        Dinner(7pm): 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup salad, 1 tbsp dressing, 1/2 serving feta cheese, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cucs, 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds
        Snack (8:30pm): 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp jam

Calories: 1707
        Protein: 165g
        Carbs: 138g
        Fat: 58g
        Fiber: 24g

Notes

I upped my dosage of Red Acid to 2 pills per serving. This morning I felt fine, but this afternoon (a couple of hours before my second dosage) I got a killer headache. My water consumption was right on so I don't know if it was because of the Red Acid or perhaps staring at the computer all day! I'll have to hit the hay early tonight and try to sleep it off

Random Thoughts

I worked on my diet today and planned out a carb cycling diet where I'll have 2 low days, one medium day and one high day, then repeat. I will start this next week once I get all my food prepared and all the 'extras' out of the house. I will be changing my weight routine very soon as well, but I'm not even sure where to start on that. I'm more worried about my diet then anything.

Comment

just saying hi & good luck lady!
          1 Corinthians 9:24
          Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Comment

I make a shake just like the one you have at breakfast but with some other fruits as well, do you blend that up? Yum, I think I might make one

Nice workout and good luck with the carb cycling!

Comment

Originally posted by cboesger
              I make a shake just like the one you have at breakfast but with some other fruits as well, do you blend that up? Yum, I think I might make one

Nice workout and good luck with the carb cycling!
              yup, I use my blender every morning. I'm so sick of cleaning it on a daily basis! With my carb cycling, I won't be able to have the strawberries, so I think I might try a shake with cold coffee, milk and chocolate or vanilla whey! mmmmm
              Last edited by Sexyback; 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I thought you would keep the same workout?

Comment

Originally posted by terracotta
                  I thought you would keep the same workout?
                  well, it's been 6 weeks on this one, so it's time to change it up I think. I"m going to keep the same 4 day upper/lower body split, but I think I'll change to 5x5 and add a couple more exercises for strength.

Comment

I wouldn't add 5x5's on a 4 day per week split. I prefer them a lot better with a full body split.

Anyways, if you are still progressing well (which I think you are), you can stay on the same program for as long as you like. The program I am on is designed for 16 week cycles.

Comment

I wouldn't add 5x5's on a 4 day per week split. I prefer them a lot better with a full body split.

Anyways, if you are still progressing well (which I think you are), you can stay on the same program for as long as you like. The program I am on is designed for 16 week cycles.
                      Ah well I'm getting kind of bored with it, I miss doing some exercises such as lunges so I'm ready for a change. I'll think of something new. I still want to keep the heavy to moderate weight range though.

Comment

5x5 rep/ set scheme could work on a heavy/ volume (light) type program.
                        With the 5x5 obviously on the heavy days. This would be a 4 day split of heavy/ upper, heavy/ lower, volume/ upper and volume/ lower.
                        I agree that if there's progress , there's no necessity to change the program.

Not trying to sound like a chauvinist, but props for not being afraid to do 5x5.
                        kane@controlledlabs.com
                        Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                        Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                        www.controlledlabs.com
                        www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
                          With the 5x5 obviously on the heavy days. This would be a 4 day split of heavy/ upper, heavy/ lower, volume/ upper and volume/ lower.

Not trying to sound like a chauvinist, but props for not being afraid to do 5x5.
                          I can do any thing the boys can do baby! well maybe....

Do you know of any good links on how to set up a 5x5 split like you mentioned? That's exactly what I was thinking of doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sexyback
                            I can do any thing the boys can do baby!
                            That's the spirit.
                            kane@controlledlabs.com
                            www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf

Thanks

Yeah, that would be a westside style program.. not my kind of thing, but sexyback might like it.

Here you go SB - http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Of course, what you were thinking of doing would be a modified version of that.. but that should give you an idea.

Comment

While not the same thing I was talking about but here's a 5x5 rep/ set scheme on a 4 day split...

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255

and here's a vid of women performing the rack pull...
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7Wg...elated&search=

DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards is a three day split but its asy enough to add a 4th day for lower body/ repitition.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Lower Body Day - Unlike a traditional Westside template, you'll notice there's only one major lower body day in this modified program. There's a reason for this: most beginner/intermediate athletes couldn't recover from two lower body days a week in conjunction with their running and conditioning work. Their legs would never fully recover and it would take away from their speed and conditioning workouts. One day has worked out much better for many of my athletes.
                                kane@controlledlabs.com
                                www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Working...
                                X