X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout

Incline DB Bench Press: 3x8 @ 25lb DB's
    Bent Over Rows: 3x8 @ 85lb BB
    DB Bicep Curls: 3x8 @ 15lb DB's (much better on my wrists)
    Skullcrushers: 3x8 @ 10lb BB + weight of EZ curl bar

Diet

Breakfast (6am): shake with 1 cup milk, 1 scoop vanilla whey, 4 frozen strawberries
    Snack (9am): 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp jam,
    Lunch (11:30am): 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 oz almonds
    Snack (2pm): 1 can tuna, 1/2 oz almonds
    Snack: 1 cup raspberries, Ritz chips (hangs head in shame)
    Workout: 1 scoop Purple Wraath
    Postworkout (6pm): 3/4 scoop Universal Storm, 1 scoop whey with water, 1/3 cup All Bran Buds, 1/2 cup milk
    Dinner(7pm): 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup salad, 1 tbsp dressing, 1/2 serving feta cheese, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cucs, 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds
    Snack (8:30pm): 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp jam

Calories: 1935
    Protein: 170g
    Carbs: 182g
    Fat: 63g
    Fiber: 34g

Notes

Today was the first day I tried Red Acid Gen 2. I took one pill after breakfast, and one pill 30 mins before my workout. I did feel a warm sensation in my face. Energy was low today due to very little quality sleep last night, but my workout was fine. No increases in weights though.

Random Thoughts

Been pondering whether or not to do carb cycling. I have asked some advice from a female body builder and she suggests no dairy whatsoever. Is dairy all that bad??? I'm trying to plan out my meals for low, medium and high carb days, but I'm struggling. I'm a picky eater, so I don't know of many tasty options. Also, I'm worried that my calories will be lower then usual and I will be hungry all the time. So I'm not sure if this is for me...
    Last edited by Sexyback; 07-09-2007, 05:40 PM.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Sexyback
      Random Thoughts

Been pondering whether or not to do carb cycling. I have asked some advice from a female body builder and she suggests no dairy whatsoever. Is dairy all that bad??? I'm trying to plan out my meals for low, medium and high carb days, but I'm struggling. I'm a picky eater, so I don't know of many tasty options. Also, I'm worried that my calories will be lower then usual and I will be hungry all the time. So I'm not sure if this is for me...
      She was suggesting that for short-term and not long term right ?

I look at carb-cycling as a very temporary / short-term tool to possibly get you to a lower bodyfat and optimize your metabolism. Once you get there, you will (captain obvious here) typically need a totally different strategy to maintain.

Maybe see if / how much Red ACID helps with cravings / energy etc.. another option is TKD, have you looked into that at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sexyback
        Ritz chips (hangs head in shame)
        Once you pop, you can't stop !!!

Comment

Dairy helps you lose weight (NOT KIDDING, there are studies to back this up). Now, if you carb cycle, you would have to drop dairy on low carb days, but there is no reason to drop dairy per se. And if you do drop it, be sure to take calcium in tablet form.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            She was suggesting that for short-term and not long term right ?

I look at carb-cycling as a very temporary / short-term tool to possibly get you to a lower bodyfat and optimize your metabolism. Once you get there, you will (captain obvious here) typically need a totally different strategy to maintain.

Maybe see if / how much Red ACID helps with cravings / energy etc.. another option is TKD, have you looked into that at all ?
            Well, she said she would start me off for two weeks having two low days (75g), one medium day(125g), one high day(150-175g) then repeat. With 30-40g fat. But with the restrictions she put on me, I'm feeling quite overwhelmed. NO dairy, no veggies that are not green...most of the other restrictions I'm already used to, such as no butter, no creamy dressings ect. But I'm finding it difficult to plan my meals, especially breakfast without milk. This may sound stupid, but I don't know if I'm emotionally ready to be that strict. My stress levels are very high right now, so to put this on top of it all, I don't know if I can handle it. But I'm sure it would work and I'm sure I'd get great results, but can't I get great results with keeping some carbs and milk in my diet as well?

I thought about the TKD, haven't really looked into it that much to actually plan it out, but maybe I will. I figured that I would just start off here, concentrate on building muscle and slowly reducing calories as needed to help shed the last few lbs of fat.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling. I have a lot going through my head right now!

Comment

Originally posted by terracotta
              Dairy helps you lose weight (NOT KIDDING, there are studies to back this up). Now, if you carb cycle, you would have to drop dairy on low carb days, but there is no reason to drop dairy per se. And if you do drop it, be sure to take calcium in tablet form.
              I know, this is true! She was concerned with the sodium levels in milk causing water retention.

Comment

Changes in your sodium/water balance causes water retention, not sodium itself. Now, in someone lactose intolerant, it will make them bloated.

Comment

Changes in your sodium/water balance causes water retention, not sodium itself. Now, in someone lactose intolerant, it will make them bloated.
                  that makes sense.
                  so maybe I can make this carb cycling thing work if I still include milk.

Comment

Good luck to you too !
                    Girl POWER !!!

Comment

Great looking log Sexyback! Good luck with the contest

Comment

Plus any (sodium related) water retention is a totally temporary effect. Good thinking

Comment

Originally posted by cboesger
                          Great looking log Sexyback! Good luck with the contest
                          Thanks! I hope you visit often

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            Plus any (sodium related) water retention is a totally temporary effect. Good thinking
                            And if I don't bloat now from dairy, then why take it out right away?

Comment

Yeah... I'm in on this! hehe.
                              *Sarah*

Comment

Originally posted by gymgrrrl

Yeah... I'm in on this! hehe.
                                Yippee!

Comment

Working...
                                X