Flavoring of teh chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    Anyone know the ingredients in Friday's Sesame Jack Chicken ???

Here ya go....

Sesame Jack Chicken Strips
    15 chicken tenders
    3/4 cup flour
    1 1/4 cup cornmeal
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 tablespoons sesame seeds
    1 cup buttermilk

Combine dry ingredients and dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, dip into buttermilk and them dredge again in flour mixture. (It's easier of you use one hand to coat chicken in crumbs and the other hand for the milk.) Deep fry in 350 degree oil, drain and sprinkle with additional sesame seeds. Deep fryers work best, but you can always use a large pot & a candy thermometer to gauge the temp.
    Note: I use the skinless, boneless chicken tenders found in the frozen section of Sam's Club, but you can also use approximately 5 chicken breast halves and cut them into thirds.

Jack Daniels Grill Glaze
    2 heads garlic, roasted w. 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
    2 medium onion, finely chopped
    2 Tbsp. Olive oil
    2 tablespoon crushed pineapple
    3 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup + 3 Tbs. jack Daniels Whiskey
    2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
    1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    6 tablespoons lemon juice
    5 tsp. Cider vinegar
    1 tsp. Red wine vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    Additional dried onion flakes, to taste

Cut about 1/2 inch off garlic. Cut so the roots will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves will stay together. Put garlic into small casserole dish, drizzle with oil and cover (or wrap in foil). Bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Remove garlic & cool. Squeeze out and mince up. Sauté onion in
    olive oil until caramelized. Add garlic and cook another minute or so to release flavor. Add crushed pineapple and cook another minute or so. Add brown sugar and stir until melted. Combine jack Daniel's, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, both kinds of vinegars & cayenne pepper with onion/garlic mixture. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering & cook for 1/2 hour. Taste to determine if any additional onion flakes needs to be added. (This will depend on how big your fresh onion were.) Let mixture simmer until sauce has reduced by at least 1/2, but not as much as 3/4 and is thick and syrupy.
    Make sure it doesn't boil over. (Note, the more it reduces and becomes syrupy, the easier it is for it to boil over.) Makes approx. 2 to 2 1/2 cups of glaze.
    That stuff is good, I'd be interested in how this stacks up.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Forgot to get some today

is it wrong to have more than 3 versions of it in my cupboards?
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cboesger
        Combine dry ingredients and dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, dip into buttermilk and them dredge again in flour mixture. (It's easier of you use one hand to coat chicken in crumbs and the other hand for the milk.) Deep fry in 350 degree oil, drain and sprinkle with additional sesame seeds. Deep fryers work best, but you can always use a large pot & a candy thermometer to gauge the temp.
        Note: I use the skinless, boneless chicken tenders found in the frozen section of Sam's Club, but you can also use approximately 5 chicken breast halves and cut them into thirds.

Jack Daniels Grill Glaze
        2 heads garlic, roasted w. 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
        2 medium onion, finely chopped
        2 Tbsp. Olive oil
        2 tablespoon crushed pineapple
        3 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
        1/4 cup + 3 Tbs. jack Daniels Whiskey
        2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
        1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
        2 tablespoons soy sauce
        6 tablespoons lemon juice
        5 tsp. Cider vinegar
        1 tsp. Red wine vinegar
        1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
        Additional dried onion flakes, to taste

Cut about 1/2 inch off garlic. Cut so the roots will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves will stay together. Put garlic into small casserole dish, drizzle with oil and cover (or wrap in foil). Bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Remove garlic & cool. Squeeze out and mince up. Sauté onion in
        olive oil until caramelized. Add garlic and cook another minute or so to release flavor. Add crushed pineapple and cook another minute or so. Add brown sugar and stir until melted. Combine jack Daniel's, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, both kinds of vinegars & cayenne pepper with onion/garlic mixture. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering & cook for 1/2 hour. Taste to determine if any additional onion flakes needs to be added. (This will depend on how big your fresh onion were.) Let mixture simmer until sauce has reduced by at least 1/2, but not as much as 3/4 and is thick and syrupy.
        Make sure it doesn't boil over. (Note, the more it reduces and becomes syrupy, the easier it is for it to boil over.) Makes approx. 2 to 2 1/2 cups of glaze.
        I knew there was a good reason I'm not a cook !!!

Comment

Just did a simple yet flavorful marinade of the chicken last PM.

Kosher salt
          Pepper
          Italian seasoning
          Olive oil

Take the chicken and sprinkle with seasonings then rub olive oil on the chicken. Place in storage bag. Place the bag full of the chicken in frig. and let marinade for 4-6 hours. Then grill and enjoy.

Also a good side dish is Fat Free Mozzerrella mashed potato's.

Yukon gold potato's
          Skim milk
          FF Mozzerrella
          Salt and pepper to taste.

Peal potato's and cut into cubes. Place in pot with h2o and place on stove anb bring to a boil. Let boil until soft. Drain spuds. Mash up the potato's. I like to use a food mill. Add cheese and milk for desired taste and consistency.

Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Its like the food channel up in here. I guess I wwill contribute my favorite recipe:

Take chicken place on grill, turn once.
            remove chicken from grill place in mouth, chew, then swallow.
            repeat untill out of chicken
            Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
              Its like the food channel up in here. I guess I wwill contribute my favorite recipe:

lmao.

+1
              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast

^^^^

That's more my style... but I did pick up some Teriyaki sauce (it says you can cook the chicken right in the sauce... everyone pray)

Comment

I just made some in a crock pot and it was teh shit!

Add chicken, onions, mushrooms, fat/sodium free chicken broth and let it cook for 6-8 hours on low. Just turn it on when you go to work/school and then when you come home its ready. Seriously might be the most tender chicken I have ever had, good stuff

Comment

This goes good with anything IMO:

Comment

Originally posted by cboesger
                      I just made some in a crock pot and it was teh shit!

Add chicken, onions, mushrooms, fat/sodium free chicken broth and let it cook for 6-8 hours on low. Just turn it on when you go to work/school and then when you come home its ready. Seriously might be the most tender chicken I have ever had, good stuff

Sub salsa for teh yard bird broth and enjoy!!!
                      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Woot !! Chicken on sale !!

Comment

6.5 pounds of chicken as follows (10 meaty pieces/parts)

4 cloves garlic chopped
                          1 - 15oz can of tomato sauce
                          1/2 cup california sherry
                          2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
                          1 large chopped opnion
                          1 cup ketchsup
                          2 c. chicken broth (or more)
                          4 Tbsp. lemon juice
                          1/3 cup brown sugar

dredge chicken in flour, salt, pepper. brown in large skillet. remove to casserole dish. in a small skillet (I used a bowl) add remainder of ingredients and bring to simmer, scraping all bits from pan. pour this over chiekn, cover, and bake at 325 degrees for about 1.5hours. CHeck once in awhile to gently move around. for thicker sauce, remove lid towards the end. (suggested w/mashed potatos).

can't wait to friggin eat!

Comment

Working...
                          X